What if..."No HA day" ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by customer548, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Taemien

Pick a medic.
    Find a carbine user
    Press F
    Fire on said carbibe user
    Chuckle as they make forum posts about how medic heals are OP

Right now, heavies are the scapegoat for ineptitude. Shield is visual, stands out. But without that, the cert farmers will pick on medics. Easpecially since they can earn more certs per hour then they can.
  2. Kanil

Personally, I'd like to see a day where the shield prevents the user from ADS, and sets their hipfire CoF to 7. y'know, like what happens for the other assault class, when it activates it's own damage mitigating ability.
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

yay this :)

No HAs for a day would be like 900 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean... a good start
  4. DeadlyPeanutt

maxes are fine because they cost as much as a MBT (and they're fun to lure into your tank mines if you're an engie)

:)
  5. Imp C Bravo

LAs dominate obviously.
  6. KaletheQuick

Since starting the game the HA kind of seemed odd. It has a LMG, a rocket launcher, AND a extra shield!

It seems like those should have been broken up. Like, there should have just been an "assault' class that had an assault rifle and the shield, and a "heavy weapons" class that had access to LMGs or a rocket and a carbine. HA at a glance looked like it had just a few too many eggs for one basket.

In that instance rockets and LMGs would need to be tweaked a bit. Maybe name the class "Support"
    • Up x 1
  7. BIllyGG

How about a "No Infiltrator Month" instead. Since they're much much worse than Heavy Assaults
  8. Ximi

I only can agree with this,not the part of "no infiltrator month" but for the part of that they are worse than HAs. A good infiltrator can be a nightmare and im talking about the SMGs ones.
  9. customer548

If you really have "much much" need to complain about the class which has 100 less HP pool than all the others classes and is unable to fire while being under shield, feel free to open your own thread.
    This thread was about the class which is able to "much much" double his HP pool at will while firing.
  10. stalkish

Jetpack is a maneuvering item, its not a damage mitigator. If your in a head on fight as LA you've done it wrong imo.
  11. Liberty

This is something I've pointed out before, an aggressive HA will cost more than a MAX unit given enough time. Pulling a fully stocked HA (4 kits + grenade) will cost you 250 resources. It is nothing to go through that much every 2-4 minutes during intense fighting.

MAXes are only expensive when you pull them and die in under 5 minutes. (Or the fight ends within 5 minutes and you don't have someone to transport you)

Objectively though, you are probably right especially for the average and below average players who will die before they ever get to use a med kit as HA or simply charge in with a MAX to get quickly blown up.
  12. customer548

Medkits/nades have the same cost for all classes.
    Pulling a MAx will cost 450 while a fully geared HA will cost 250. Pulling any fully geared infantry unit with kits and nades will cost 250.
    HAs can redeploy for free as often as they want while MAXes can't.
    HA with no kit/nade has no ressources cost, HA shield has no ressources cost.
  13. Liberty

My normal HA loadout is kits + av grenade (for sticking maxes) my normal medic loadout is c4 + rez grenade, my normal engineer loadout is tankmines + sticky so switching classes incurs the full cost. (It won't for everyone or for every class but you get the point)

The thing with a MAX is you need to wait 9 minutes before you can die / redeploy to pay off the unit (as most players have around 0.5 KPM or less that means getting 4 kills while in a MAX suit). Which unless you are awful is pretty easy.

As a HA, you get two fills ups every 10 minutes to equal the cost of a MAX. Given as a HA it is nothing to burn 1-3 med kits in a quick 30 second window the cost of successfully playing HA can quickly catch up to that of pulling a MAX.

The thing to remember is: if you are bad, playing HA is cheap and playing MAX is expensive. If you are good, playing MAX is cheap and playing HA is expensive. So the problem becomes, if you have a large group of people who can't even survive long enough to burn consumables as HA, then the HA to MAX cost is balanced but then it is hard to take claims that "Heavy is OP" seriously. However, if you have a large group of people who can survive on heavy because it is OP, to do so they often burn through med kits quicker than the cost of pulling a max, so in that instance the heavy is OP but it also cost more to pull than a MAX suit over time.
  14. Drag0

I'd rather have no one shot at range kills aka snipers...
  15. Exitus Acta Probat

I'd rather have no maxes