Tonight 3 invincible harrasers with gatekeepers must have killed 30 tanks w/o 1 death

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Learn something new everyday lol
  2. Kdog559

Yea don't do what a lot of others do when they see the OP wagon leaving and that is to jump ship.Even if it does look OP to most people. It might look good to your eyes when you are dieing by 3 harassers, But remember they came in a group of 3 and well coordinated.When you do jump ship cause of the eye candy you saw, it might or might not be the same when you are in control of the Gatekeeper itself.That all depends on you and your skills to use it.
  3. DQCraze

Since i havent seen anyone shooting anything at 700m? Does stuff even render at 700m, i know i cant see an esf in the sky at 700m.
  4. Benton582

Lackluster my ***. One of them took care of 3 sundees in one sitting, and we actually had a TANK zerg with it. All the driver did was sit and fire, which is bullshet.
  5. Benton582

Infantry renders max at 1000m.
  6. Markxxx

what's new??

Almost every new weapon/unit was initially OP to attract purchase. Then gradually got nerfed. Remember the old Libs? Harassers?
  7. PlanktonSG

No freaking wonder my lightning always receive weird damage for no reason. And there will always be a harasser far far away
  8. Towie

It's not an issue specific to the GK - stuff not rendering is a well known issue. Your client engine is busy drawing stuff around you and when things get busy, it doesn't render things that are further away (ever had stuff suddenly 'pop' into view ?)

However because client-side hit detection is used, if that GK on that distant hill can see you - he can hit you. And you'll have no idea who/where/what.

It's more of a limitation rather than an exploit (there's only so much it can do after all) but it means that render-range weaponry in general is a big problem.

That said - the issue has been totally exacerbated by the GK, used by everyone and their dog. If they banned people for 'exploiting' it, there would be no TR left !
  9. FieldMarshall

If 3 GKs sit on a hill and nobody bothers to get AV turrets, Lancers, Ravens etc. to counter, then they are obviously going to destroy everything.
    Its like blaming balance, if everyone just played Medic and 3 Libs farmed everyone uncontested.
  10. Moridin6

hhahahaahahhahaha
    no
    unles youve got a whole squad aimed at one harasser theyre just going to pull behind cover and repair, while the game decides to unrender them..
    i report it everytime now, just like tossing nades through a shield its an exploit youre exploiting and i cant wait for that cheesy pos to get nerfed
  11. Daigons

More like a few mediocre TR players exploiting the system by using an obviously broken weapon. I hope they all get banned and their accounts closed down.
  12. Daigons

TR apologist at it's worst. Blaming the victims of the exploit because they can't see where the attack is originating from and not being able to strike back because they're being instantly burned down.
    • Up x 1
  13. Taemien

GK has a TKK of 1.5s vs the Spitfire's 1.35s

Sundies have way more HP, and come with both armor and resistances. If no one in the tank zerg bothered to shoot at the harasser, then the sundies deserved to die. That's what happened. Its BS to say that no one could hit a stationary harasser no matter what the distance is.

And that's what many of you are leaving out. For the GK gunner to hit even with a precision weapon, the harasser can't go over any bumps. Even a slight bump at 400m will cause a volley to veer off. Which means its going slow, or moving in a predictable way.

And this is why I question if you even play the game. Infantry render at 300m, will continue to render to 350m once they render and move back. Vehicles is 500 then 550, air is 600 then 700. Those numbers reduce dynamically the more people there are around.

When fighting NC, where should the VS and TR put their sundy? And why shouldn't NC have to do the same when fighting TR? Sounds like you're pushing a double standard.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vaphell

not to mention it's trivial to hide the whole hitbox in some hole, behind a rock or behind a skyline while still maintaining LoS on the gun. A long range harasser that doesn't want to be hit, won't be hit.
    • Up x 1
  15. Towie

Thought i'd take the opportunity to point back to an old thread - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/my-take-on-the-av-argument.229955/
    ...where the Lancer and Vortex are discussed at length as being OP due to their range. Hell even I conceded that maybe there is a problem, although it was (still is) a rarity.

Now beam forward a few months and introduce the GK to the argument - that has the same range potential but way better killing potential - and it's basically indefensible, despite people actually trying.

To put the rage into perspective, here are the kills for the last month:

Lancer - 867
    Vortex (L+R) - 551

Gatekeeper-H - 3465
    Gatekeeper - 3953

...no wonder people are annoyed.
  16. Jubikus

Kills for the gatekeeper will always be high as long as its the TRs only long range option. When armor is at the next base you pull gatekeeper its as simple as that fractures, pounders, and striker are all bottom of the barrel AV options and it kind of sucks because you know having the option to use long range AV on infantry is pretty nice but instead you have the option to pull a harasser or a tank if your lucky enough to own a tech plant(looking at you Esamir) and thats it.

Ps my P2-120 AP lockdown prowler destroys far more armor than some silly gatekeeper sitting on a hill.
  17. Towie

....just wanted to point out why there's so much hate pointed at GK right now - and rightly so in many peoples opinion.

As for me, I'm more of a P2-120 HEAT person BUT the secondary is always GK. It has no equal across any faction (Saron is probably the closest but is easily surpassed IMO).
  18. Jubikus

Both the gatekeeper and the saron compliment the strengths of their tanks quite well. Prowler is the lockdown on a hill far away from enemy armor and shell the crap out of it Gatekeeper is good for this Magrider is good at peekaboo attacks its the only tank that can do this without getting hitched on the smallest rock and have their front armor facing the enemy while poping in and out of cover the sarons mag dump ability compliments this quite well. However the only reason i use gatekeeper is because it compliments my playstyle personally out of all of the weapons the Enforcer is my favorite as the way it reloads single rounds really fast allows you to top your mag off whenever you dont have a shot on your enemy and be able to instantly fire again when you have a shot on them a ghetto heat mechanic if you will which allows you to keep pressure on your opponent.
  19. Who Garou

Gatekeepers sure seem to function like an anti-tank Liberator.
    Odd that, the Gatekeeper is only one weapon and Harassers are cheap; Liberators have three weapons and cost a good bit of nanites.

Yes. They TR were given an extremely long ranged weapon with high accuracy and damage and a rapid fire.

This think makes the Vulcan look so bad that no one is complaining about the Vulcan's any more.

It was like the DEVs decided
    "Let's give the other factions something to fight the Vulcan".
    And then they decided
    "What do we give the TR then?"
    "Obviously we need to give them something to replace the Vulcan".
  20. cheesepuffs324

Stop b1tching man. The ravens are way better and every one knows it. The second the TR get a decent weapon, not even an OP weapon, such as the ravens or the betelgeuse, the VS and NC start crying. ****.