Do you think the ESFs and MBTs in this game are perfectly balanced?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Jubikus

ESF are no doubt the most Versitile to man power vehicle in the game since its the only vehicle that gets 2 weapons for the 1 driver this allows you to have nose gun for air fights and rocket pods for everything else is it balanced well kind of not if you directly compare it to the tank that costs the same. Do i think ESF need nerfed well no do i think Lightnings need buffed well also no but i do think lightnings should be cheaper.

That being said its like an earlier post said a vehicles power greatly depends on the battle at hand if your opponents have even minor air support and you dont well your tank is likely to get tankbuster obliterated or hit with rocket pods or hornet missiles. But on the other hand if just a few people pull lock on launchers your ESF will be knocked out the sky in an instant your Lib will be shredded by burster maxes and skyguards(unless its just 1 skyguard just tankbust his *** you kill him WAY faster than he can kill you) or if your flying anything close to low hit by AP shells .

In planetside 2 All things are balanced once a fight gets big enough because everything is getting obliterated all the time.
  2. Reclaimer77

Seems like the vehicle drivers in this thread are either just really bad or biased.

They forget the sheer scale of the the battles in this game. If they are getting obliterated "in seconds", it's only because a disproportionately higher number of players have focused on them. Or they are just oblivious, which seems to be most vehicle users in PS.

What do you expect? To be able to survive in 1 vs 50+ odds just because you pulled a vehicle??? Nonsense.

And to the guy who said LMG's get more kills than vehicles, so that proves this is all about InfantrySide...ummm wow. Do you realize how stupid it was that you said that, right? Just think about it for a second...
    • Up x 2
  3. Mxiter

Considering that both of those vehicles (ESFs and tanks) are generally fighting outnumbered, how easy they're to pull (many terminal + high nanite income + high mobility) there are no buffs needed.

10 tanks or 10 ESFs still obliterate 15-30 infantrymen, unless they're all highly specialized (maxes for examples) and became weak against any others threats.

The fact is that those vehicles mobility makes it hard for people to stay in groups with it and finally finished isolated against higher numbers, or at least harder than infantry fights where mobility is generally limited to area around spawn points.

Imo, ESFs are still the most versatile and powerful stuff in the game, and unless you're caught by gank squad, dogfighting over enemy flak-G2A or surprised by a coordinated G2A nest (and those can still be avoid by careful play-style and situational awareness) you're still almost unkillable while retaining one the the most powerful & versatile weaponry.

It can also be very deadly against its highly specialized counters wich is sadly called by pilots "deterrance" (in this case, RLs could also be called tanks deterrance right?)
  4. asmodraxus

ESF's are relatively balanced

MBT's are as well

Just however waiting for the VS to get one though, as all the magrider is, is a heavy harasser...

Lowest DPS
    Lowest Speed
    Biggest target
  5. Kanil

This, definitely. Leg-based planetmen are only a threat if they outnumber you. They have to have enough firepower to kill you before you make it back to cover (so the closer to cover you are, the more they have to outnumber you.) A single infantryman at best a deterrent to a tank, convincing it to return to cover... provided they don't just smack him with an AP shell.
  6. Krinsee

ESFs are balanced fairly well yes. Small differeances but in the long run they even out for the most part.

Prowlers with their High DPS capability and the vanguard with it's slow reload but hard hitting cannon and large base HP pool and the I win shield (which a locked prowler can pop) are pretty balanced.
    Magriders now on the otherhand with the increased velocities of all tank rounds. The inability to "hull down" (Hiding most of your vehicles profile behind cover and still firing with both guns) and now the gatekeeper. I conjunction with the nerfs to it's strafe speed and magburner thrust have removed any advantage agility gave them in the first place. boosting to 100kph for a second or less doesn't get you all that far and both tanks can chase you down easily if they can keep eyes on you. Add that in with the lowest HP pool and lowest damage main cannons, and you have a very weak MBT all around.

Being able to pull that sneaky pop over a hill and get behind you is not always possible and you constantly risk being flipped over by sundies, and any odd bump on a hill.

I'm not calling for a return of the magburners of icarus of old. Nor the return of strafe speed. But the rotation rate, and top speed could use a little upping, or increase the base HP pool of the vehicle itself to compensate for how weapons have changed over time since release.
  7. Flag

Server Smash - where even a biased magrider-fan like myself will take to the skies.
    • Up x 1