[BUG] Possible cloaking bug?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by I_can't_find_a_name, Nov 11, 2015.

1. I_can't_find_a_name

I was stalker cloaking on Indar last night and momentarily caught sight of an enemy infiltrator who was running while cloaked. He stopped moving before I got situated so I just watched for a blur or anything. He never uncloaked but instead he momentarily glowed red while still cloaked. Imagine an invisible TR heavy assault activating his shield. He only glowed for about a second...
    I noted his position and shot him. He wasn't happy and accused me of cheating, which I get. I think the same thing has happened to me numerous times when I'm crouched, motionless, in deep cloak and get shot from long distances with extreme accuracy in ways that don't seem quite reasonable within the scope of the game.
    Is this a known bug? Is this actually somehow part of the game in regards to stalker cloaking? Anyone else ever see this happen or had it happen to them?
  2. breeje

Yes on occasion I see the empire glow on enemy infils
    They are in the game for over a year now
    be a fair player, if you see the glow or any other bug leave them alone and walk in the other direction
  3. I_can't_find_a_name

I did a search on the Gameplay Bug section of the forum, though not exhaustively, and didn't see this specific thing listed as an existing bug. I agree that if it is in fact a bug then the sporting thing to do is not to exploit it. I'll move this to the Gameplay Bug forum.
  4. JobiWan

Is it possible a nearby team mate had a darklight equipped?
    • Up x 1
  5. I_can't_find_a_name

It's plausible that it was an incidental darklight flash from far off. The individual complained of being shot while crouched and in deep cloak and concluded that he was the victim of hacking. He was a BR 63 and if he was flashed with a darklight he would have known that. I don't expect that most BR 63's will make hacking claims of being picked off while in deep cloak when they know they've been flashed. Could be wrong...
    This is important to get to the bottom of. Is is possible that it is simply built into the game that stalker cloaking "flashes" from time to time as some sort of a balance to its "effectiveness"? I don't want to exploit bugs but I also don't want to pass on kills unless it is in fact a bug.
  6. Biddion

It was most likely darklight. If he or she had mines or sensors equiped the hands don't show (I think) so they did not realize they were hit with light.
  7. breeje

no it's not a darklight, you have to be very close to expose a infil with a darklight
    i don't know the exact distance something like 10 to 15 meters
    so if nobody was this close it was not a darklight
  8. BlackSteel97

The real bug or glitch that I've found with stalkers is that sometimes helmets won't go deep cloack. I can see floating heads with level 1 cloacking
  9. Diggsano

It sometimes happens to me when i am deep cloak in nowhere....i see myself in purple then for like a second and then it is like regular....