[Vehicle] The Lightning manoeuvrability could use a buff.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Covah, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Covah

Because let's be honest, if you don't cert scrapper combat chassis, you just can't turn....
    • Up x 3
  2. Jake the Dog

A racer prowler can turn better than a stock lightning. So I think Im going to agree with you. I'd also like the devs to implement the designs in the original lightning concept art to make it better on varying terrain.
  3. stalkish

Scrapper on a lightning you say :eek:.

Being serious tho i dont see why not, although even with rival the problem becomes....grip.
    We would need them to buff the grip of the lightning so it doesnt slide 500m while trying to turn 90 degrees.
  4. Covah

Oh sorry i meant rival chassis...well i don't remember....THE CHASSIS THAT ALLOWS YOU TO TURN BETTER.
    • Up x 2
  5. stalkish

completely agree.
    Id rather see this:
    [IMG]

Than this:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. stalkish

Lol i was just poking fun, no offence meant.

Yes its rival, scrapper is the flash one that allows you to climb hills better IIRC.
  7. Jake the Dog

• Up x 1
  8. Covah

Yeah the concept was nice.

PS1 lightning was much better as an all-road light tank. PS2 lightning looks like an ugly sportcar

was joking no offense taken :p <--- damn that pink smiley is gay.
  9. Crayv

Yeah the poor Lightning could use something to help it keep up with the Harasser and all the new toys it has.

Other than the few buff and nerfs to its guns (and one change to tanks rear armor) the Lightning has basically been untouched since release. It could use some new things.
  10. Some1

Tanks in general need a suspension system. As is now they get stuck on everything and are more of a hazard then anything else.
  11. Imp C Bravo

Yar, I agree with this post. The lightning is designed to be a flank tank that survives on maneuverability. I personally think the top speed is fine, but it could use some more accel and braking and turning for better dodge based survivability.
  12. FigM

one of the worst properties of lightning is that it gets stuck on everything. It feels like it was designed for travel on paved roads only
  13. Foxirus

Where did we go wrong? How did planetside 2 lose so many features? Literally its just planetside 1 with an updated model system and basically every feature minus the ability to drive vehicles and shoot guns stripped out. What the hell happened? Hell, You could even see the drivers inside the vehicles. Not the empty cockpit ******** we have now...
  14. TombsClawtooth

Planetside 1 came from an age where game creators built something to be amazing, polished, and as finished as humanly possible at release. They wanted people to look at their game in awe for the level of attention to detail and overall polish. Sam Haynes was one heck of a great Dev who I hold a lot of respect for, infact I quit planetside the day he was let go.

PS2 came from the age of "lets release a pre-alpha and count on microtransactions to pay the bills, we'll get around to working on it eventually..." mentality.

The game is at 1/3rd the population levels of its peak, and we're just now seeing DISCUSSION of the ANT coming back, and in my opinion, vehicle combat is very broken. There's a difference between realism and fun, yes I agree. But when the lightest infantry class in the game can casually fly by and nuke the toughest tank of your faction, I believe tanks either have no place in the game, or priorities got screwed up somewhere. Why even bother to pull your empire's tank, or a lightning for that matter? Armor up a sunderer with some decent guns and you have a fighting vehicle that also allows you to deposit and spawn hordes of infantry that are each capable of nuking a tank by themselves.

I mean really guys, I play medic mostly. Today I was casually walking across the vastness of open space of Indarside (purgatory) and hid by a rock as a tank parked along side the rock. I trot around the side of the rock, stick 2 C4 on his rear end, stroll off and press the button. Bam, tank deleted from the battle field by a class that is supposed to be healing team mates and hanging back.

Something went very wrong somewhere, and it's the same thing that eventually killed planetside 1. Everyone can do everything, no one can handle the concept of having to rely on someone else to play the game correctly.
    • Up x 2