An eye for an eye..A nerf for a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorpion97, Nov 3, 2015.

1. RedArmy

im not arguing, i just like pointing out to people that you dont have the BG. PTS means nothing - either live, or you dont have it
    Trolling the Troller
    Ding ding - here comes the Trolly
    • Up x 1
  2. BaronX13

Isn't that...what they did to the PPA? So...you're ok with the GK being "tweaked" into an AV ppa?
  3. Takara

Dumb idea...it wasn't them who did that...it was SoE's inability to tweek. They had no idea how to finess their changes.

But if you just admitted you are out for vengeance over a video game...it will never get fixed. Because the TR have had that treatment already. Not as bad as the VS but they have been there. (Fracture MAX i'm looking at you) But honestly you just deconstructed your own argument for a nerf by admitting you are only in to troll. You actually just hurt it's chances of getting fixed by standing there and making this comment.
  4. Takara

Sorry for using logic. But here lets bring this down to your level. "No...you?" Ok good talk.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Grabs popcorn.
    • Up x 2
  6. Foxirus

They could just make it armor piercing rounds fired from the GK. In other words, No explosive radius, Period.
  7. RedArmy

what 60 dmg really hurts?
    • Up x 1
  8. Foxirus

Alright then RedGreed. Would you prefer to have its velocity nerfed, It given bullet drop, Spread and recoil? Because right now it has none of those. Pretty sure only direct hits count for vehicle kills anyways. But hey, If you want to keep that explosive radius, By all means, Let them take away the rest of it.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Guys this is childish & OP is something special.
    • Up x 2
  10. doombro

ps2oraclestats is the laziest form of low quality posting. If you're going to call for nerfs on something, show your stats on it first to show that you aren't being completely baseless.
    • Up x 1
  11. gartho33

I foresee a lock incoming...

It seems that people of the "internets" have yet to learn the definition of "debate" and how it differs from "argument".

So... in an attempt to re-rail this topic I'll pose this question. What is more annoying about the GK.
    answers may include but are not limited to: Accuracy, Range, Sustainability, Buggy tracers... etc....

Please in your answer explain A) Why you find it annoying, B) in what situation is it the most annoying, and C) what you would like to see happen to fix THAT annoying thing.

(multiple answers or "annoyances" should also contain parts A, B and C)

With that I'll start off!

The thing I find most annoying about the GK is Accuracy. The tight CoF (though needed for the viability of the weapon) is pushing it over the edge... One such area this presents itself is when a GK engages infantry at long (aka 350m+) and is able to reliably "near miss" the target, often sending the victim into a frantic flurry in an attempt to dodge the onslaught. The best way I can think of fixing this problem can come in 1 of 2 forms. 1) increase CoF of the weapon... but this is not ideal as it significantly reduces the weapons ability to perform its intended roll. 2) reduce the Velocity (slightly) and increase the gravity of the projectile (I'm thinking somewhere around double) to force compensation (and perhaps fix the tracer bug).

Your turn gents.... lets try to keep this constructive....
  12. Taemien

I want to see the Infantry POV in a video who gets wrecked by a GK. I want to see what it is they are doing for that to happen.

Really want to see what sort of person gets wrecked by slower TTK weapons than a Spitfire.
  13. gartho33

Based on what I have seen (on both sides)....

a deer caught in headlights....
  14. AxiomInsanity87

The secrets of the nerfiverse

Right now...on forumside

This bs was brought to you by loyal viewers such as yourself.

Thank you

Also a special thanks to the David H. Koch foundation
    • Up x 1
  15. AxiomInsanity87

Or just the hope that it will go away, someone else will do it, or that spawning and doing the same thing repeatedly will yield different results?.
  16. GhostAvatar

I don't need to learn to read. The simple fact is you made a statement. A statement that was indeed false. You need to stop learning to mislead those that read your posts, its as simple as that. You want people to pay attention to what you say (including the devs), then don't BS them and sit here making excuses once you have been caught. Any creditably you had went straight out the window with that.
  17. Drag0

The LMG nerf is a JOKE! Holy **** can't even tell any difference but you babies think there is lol!
  18. Taemien

You're joking.. but I honestly think that is happening. Direct hit TTK is 1.5s.

Slower than a Spitfire.
  19. Scorpion97

the MBT gatekeeper KPU is stable because you aren't playing the weapon on your own unlike the H version,don't forget that there is a primary weapon firing with you and since the prowler has the highest dps of the 3,it can steal kills from GK and vice versa,the same situation happens for the other factions MBTs which is why the KPU of the MBT version is fine

when we look at the H version,you are now testing the performance of the weapon on its own,now lets see the KPU of the 3 harraser weapons

you will notice that the red line never touched the purple one except barely 2 times making the KPU of the saron 4.67 and the GK 5.56 while the enforcer just varying between both,you might think that its not a big deal but we are generally talking about small numbers here and according to my calculations:

4.67*100/5.56=84%
    100-84=16%

the overall KPU(which is a mix of the 3 infantry,vehicle and air) has confirmed that the GK overperforms the saron by 16% more.i don't think this is a small number to ignore.while the enforcer is just zigzagging between both

the same can be said for the Vehicle KPU ,Gk at 4.5 while the saron at 3.49 making the GK overperforms by 23.5% more than the saron if you know how to calculate it while the enforcer is zigzagging as usual.this overperformance is probably because the concept of creating packs of GK harrasers and shoot the other vehicles from extrememly long ranges (watch the video in the OP)

we are not against TR having a long range AV option ,the problem is that you guys had a weapon that can do everything in at every range making the game play for the other factions really a pain in the ***,especially pilots.the splash damage it has,needs to get tuned down and adjust its accuracy so it won't sustain air again

P.S if you have seen the video,moukass himself admitted that the weapon is OP at 3:25 and that its the FIRST time to use the weapon on this 26k XP ride!!:eek:
  20. Scorpion97

its ok,you can keep on convincing yourself

I just told you English isn't my first language and I was crystal clear in everything else,what else do you want more than that?

in case if you are still persisting,thats what I said right after the statement you quoted previously from my OP