An eye for an eye..A nerf for a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorpion97, Nov 3, 2015.

1. asmodraxus

Gatekeeper has ranged accuracy, damage over time, and clip size.
    Enforcer has damage, less ranged accuracy, and less damage over time.
    Saron has damage (slightly) less accuracy, less damage over time,

So to nerf the Gatekeeper reduce either CoF (lack of bloom), the no bullet drop, projectile speed (saron and enforcer are 300, GK is 500, Halberd that other long range option is 275) or damage.

Or just give it the PPA treatment, increase the damage (but not meaningfully), fire rate, reduce the clip size and make it bloom insanely and have a cof you could lose a galaxy in.

Or increase the projectile velocity on the Enforcer and Saron to 400, Halberd to 350 and reduce the speed on the Gatekeeper and give it the same CoF as the Saron
  2. MikeyGeeMan

Nope sorry. Gk kills are so high because given the choice tr pull loads of prowlers.

It's sort of a defining faction trait.

We can nerf the gk when we remove the buffs the vs just got on their lmgs.

I suggest you come armed with real data and not this whiny cry baby stuff the Vs are pulling lately.
    • Up x 1
  3. Chal

Making ranged tank fighting incredibly easy for everyone doesn't make it fun. Outplaying someone by landing more ranged shots or outmanoeuvring is one of the fun parts of tanking. If we gave everyone GK level secondaries all we'd have is tanks/harassers facing each other at render range holding their mouse over the target until it dies which sounds deathly boring to me.

The GK promotes boring gameplay the last thing we need is 2 more of them in the game it would kill fun and challenging tank play for all sides.
    • Up x 3
  4. Takara

It's funny I once spent several thousand certs on my sunderer to upgrade the BASILISK turrets on it with full clips size and reload...it took 3 people to man it and it could fight tanks at medium range well driving. This was considered OP and they nerfed YES NERFED the basilisk.......let that sink in. THE DEFAULT GUN GOT NERFED........but now you can put one person in a harasser, park it on a hill and out damage 2/2 tanks and get away at twice the speed of a dual basilisk sundy with just one person. Two people make it even more effective. :-/

The problem with the GK...is that it's on to mobile of a platform. The thing that is odd...is that the VS/NC equivalents of the vulcan are not really considered better then the original. They may be considered just as good...but not better. Each one has it's strong points.

But the GK was supposed to be the TR equivalent of the Saron/Enforcer but it's not. Its actually better...much better. That is what my problem is. It's velocity is just too high. Either that or it's clip size is too big for it's reload speed. It's more like a vulcan with no damage drop off and tight CoF instead of an enforcer/saron.
    • Up x 1
  5. Taemien

Gatekeeper TTK versus infantry is 1.5s. 2-3s accounting for misses and near misses.

Spitfire is 1.35s

I'm going to say there is some serious corruption in the stats, because there's a ton of derps out there when you're firing at targets normally encountered by GK using vehicles. Should player stupidity be a balancing factor? I don't think so.

On this note of killing infantry. Where's the threads comparing AI vehicle weapons to infantry weapons? I guarantee infantry weapons have higher stats across the board except for maybe KDR. But no one bats an eye there.

Priorities people. Lets get the Canister, Marauder, PPA, Kobalt, Duster, Banshee, and HE cannons up to the KPD, KPU, and KPH levels of Carbines, SMGs, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, and LMGs first. Can we agree to that? Then we can talk about AV weapons getting the occasional kill more than its peers.

I mean an eye for an eye, nerf for a nerf, and a buff for a buff.
  6. Takara

I'm just going to leave this thread here.....
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/increase-lancer-charge-up-tine.224273/
    Shoe is on the other foot....*sniffs* I smell hypocrite....

OH and you mean all those buffs the other empires rallied for? Because .75 was game breaking.....yet most of the weapons with .75 had non .75 ADS weapons above them in KPH/KPU.
  7. BaronX13

Would you rather have a Vulcan, Aphelion, or Mjolnir?

Would you rather have a Saron, Enforcer, or Gatekeepr?

The answers are pretty obvious 90% of the time.

Give the gatekeeper CoF. The gatekeeper was supposed to be the TR equivalent of the enforcer and saron, not an improvement over them. The enforcer is a pain to aim accurately enough, and the saron has a giant CoF bloom. We don't care if the Gatekeeper is good at range, we care that it is good at range and you can basically just hold down the trigger like a brain dead monkey and still hit with every shot. At that rate, it has a higher realistic DPS than both the enforcer and saron. Keep your high velocity, keep your no bullet drop (even though that is a VS trait), keep the huge clip, keep your damage profile, but add a CoF tweak. Even with a CoF tweak, you will come out with a better long range weapon in every way than the Saron. And about the Saron being able to damage dump at close range, last time I checked the TR has the Vulcan, which is still head and shoulders over the Aphelion and Boombox. The weapon can't be good at everything, the Saron has a giant CoF, slow velocity, a small clip, and middle of the road damage just to be able to dump its mag. The Gatekeeper even while doing less damage than a Saron, is still middle of the road damage....and gives up nothing else, period, at all. Even when it can't empty it's mag quickly, it has a high capacity mag that allows it never to stop firing, which is arguably more useful against targets that don't go down in one mag anyway.
    • Up x 1
  8. 000AmidimA000

It's not about how much damage each shot does, it's about how easy it is to get sustainable damage in until your objective dies, and on what the gatekeeper is getting sustainable damage. Even if it doesn't outright kill something, which is where you get all your KPU and KPH statistics that the supporters of the weapon keep showing to try and support it not being OP, the fact is is that it gets a piece of the pie on anything and everything. Just because it's not finishing those players, or vehicles, or aircraft off... doesn't mean those players still aren't racking up a trillion points in assists. The gatekeeper might not be an instadeath-cannon, but it's more a death-by-a-million-needles gun. Nobody likes having to make rash decisions while their health is tick tick ticking away from a gatekeeper, only to wind up getting finished off by a heavy, or a vulcan, or a tank, or an aircraft. I would bet all my money that this gun would have the highest assist percentage out of all the vehicle weapons. It assists with aircraft, vehicles, and infantry. No other gun so readily does damage to all three of those things at once. Even if it isn't getting kills, it's still doing a **** done of damage to EVERY TYPE OF UNIT IN THE GAME, which is why we want it to get nerfed and why we think it's OP.
  9. AlterEgo

How about this:

LEAVE Gatekeeper alone...

And buff our s**t back. Sounds better, because at least EVERYONE gets better toys instead of wanting a nerf to something the TR never had.
    • Up x 1
  10. RedArmy

Scorpion97, you dont even have the BG. how can u complain about n LMG that you dont have
    • Up x 3
  11. ALN_Isolator

That video was made by an amazing player with an amazing driver. You cannot stereotype the entire weapon platform off of one exceptional player who does well with it.

Many of my VS and NC friends (BR 80-100) say that it's "annoying" just like the Vulcan but not OP.

If you want the TR to drop their "bias" you need to drop your VS bias first.

This weapon is the only option for TR vehicles to fight at long ranges that costs under 875 certs, lacking alpha damage and requiring long exposure time and sustainable accuracy.

It is used so much for its low cost vs. efficiency of other options.

Stop crying and when making nerf threads make sure other factions have no weapons like it. (which is exactly why it exists in the first place)
    • Up x 2
  12. Campagne

I'm not even going to metion balance, but the players in the video in the OP where absolutely not "amazing" players.

The gunner was fairly inaccurate even with the GK, missed almost every shot against the flash until he got very close, and hit friendlies multiple times.

The driver spent most of the time driving relatively straight, and when they came under fire, he simply boosted away in a straight line, and made no advanced manovers, nor did he show any particular degree of skill.

The pair in the video were average at best. :eek:
  13. Scr1nRusher

Calm down.

Also looks like Scorpion is turning into a psychotic chipmunk.
    • Up x 1
  14. BaronX13

So by that logic, can VS get their magrider nerfs from forever ago taken away so they can climb hills even easier? And can the zoe nerf be reverted as well? And what about the .75ads VS lmg's that got "changed" recently? I mean, the only reason we really got those nerfed, was cause the other factions didn't have anything like those. Oh same as the ppa. I mean, let alone your arguments on the gatekeeper, at least use a proper argument to make your point. Don't just point the finger and say it is due to "us not having a weapon like it". I mean if anything you should be happy, if we were going by "us not having something like it", we would go after the prowler as a whole. I mean, it can out-dps any vehicle period short of a liberator, it can out-dps the vanguard shield (theoretically at least), the dual canon design makes it more effective (albeit slightly) against infantry, it's hitbox is smaller than the magrider (and the vanguard i think?), it's faster than the vanguard and magrider (without magburn active), it has lockdown which makes it a sniper tank, it has the vulcan (the best short range option available), the gatekeeper (the best long range option available), faster shell velocity than the magrider, and one last time, it's dps even with no secondary is astounding (put it into perspective, last time I checked the magrider AP primary has the same dps as a lightning with AP primary). So, no, we aren't just mad you "have something we don't" otherwise we'd go after the tank as a whole, we're mad cause your weapon not only is good at what it does, but is so user friendly any fool who can point and click will be 100% effective with it. At least with the enforcer and saron, there is an amount of skill to make full use of the weapon.
    • Up x 2
  15. BaronX13

Look who's talking Alvin.
  16. MikeyGeeMan

Is that all ya got? An old thread by me. Good for you. Glad you brought those stats with you.

.75 ads was asked to be removed. The vs threw such a toddler tantrum they had to throw the buffs back in.

Regardless my most recent post about faction power pretty much states my current feelings on the subject. Game is balanced now go away and play and generate some real stats on its usage.

And everyone is a hypocrite. It's just the nature of the beast. Welcome to the club.
  17. BaronX13

.75 ads lmg's get "tweaked" even though there really isn't a strong statistical evidence to prove they should be....buuuut

Gatekeeper shouldn't get tweaked because you believe there isn't a strong statistical evidence to prove it should be....

Yeah seems legit. I bet you are one of those sassy people that likes to tell people what the definition of irony is, yet never looked at it yourself.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Whats new pikachu?
  19. MikeyGeeMan

Oh I don't hold myself higher than others. Be assured of that. Tweak the gatekeeper. Even that is not game breaking enough to get my panties in a bind. But we want compensation. You can't just nerf it without giving it some goodness back. Just like removing .75 ads had compensation , I would expect the same if the gk is nerfed. Let's "nerf" the gk like they did the .75 lmgs.

Let's do it.

First off if you introduce a bigger cof. Then we want it to fire faster. A lot faster.
  20. Boosted

You guys kill me, a gang of any Saron, Enforcers, GK are going to OP everyone. Running a single GK-H is just mediocre and like others have said, you are just "plinking" away. It's the reason why it's called "harassers". They harass you.