[Suggestion] AMS to the Valkyrie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Demigan, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Benton582

Valk has been highly neglected because it doesn't have this, ADD IT IN, THERE IS NO VALID REASON THAT ANYONE HAS TO STOP THIS SUGGESTION.
  2. Klabauter8

There is no reason for it to have an AMS. It just doesn't fit to Valks. They are too agile/fragile for it. It would fit to the stealthy aspect of the vehicle, but you can't just camp with a Valk constantly in one place. Only one ESF would have to notice you, and you are instantly dead.
  3. EPIC389

I'd like to see the Valkyrie be changed but I will also be sad. No more Valkyrie cert pinatas:(
  4. Benton582

Then what is the point of a valk? Read the words "ARMORED" "TRANSPORT" "VEHICLE", and looky there. It lacks stealth that is really needed. This change would make small squads easier to organize and quickly transport.
  5. OldMaster80

Good squads can already work well with Valkyries. Making it more viable to non organized teams won't magically make it a good vehicle.

The Valkyrie is right now a big game design mistake. It's supposed to be a fast insertion vehicle but it's not faster than a Galaxy. It's still extremely fragile and top vulnerable to aircraft: it must fly low to be safer (safe drop not innate) but it has no defense against esf because the turret is on the belly and locked so it cannot turn 360°.
    You can have passengers but the pilot must dodge to shiw the belly to the source if damage meaning they never manage to face the target (two usually look at the ground and the others at the sky).
    Then repair is not balanced: one Engineer has almost no effect, 4 make the vehicle invincible.
    • Up x 2
  6. Klabauter8

Valkyries already have stealth... What you are probably talking about would be a cloak. But even with this, I see no point in having an AMS. Even if you had a cloak, sooner or later the enemy will find out where all the troups spawn from, and then you are sitting there and would be instantly dead. It's almost like giving an ESF an AMS... It just doesn't make sense.

Small squads don't need a cloak or AMS, what they need is to learn to use the vehicle properly. People can't handle Valkyries for sh*t. They are so bad, that I have more success grinding Valkyrie directives solo, than with other "pilots". That's the real problem here. That the playerbase is too dumb to use Valkyries, and that it's too difficult to find competent people for them.

A cloak or AMS wouldn't change anything about this.
  7. Korfax124

Bold suggestion here: make it able to deploy in the air (restriction at a certain height above the ground). It doesn't have to be manned in order to hover when deployed and will give players safe fall conditions. Downsides to this is that you have a limited number of engineers to rep the thing and it can easily be shot down by both ground and air forces :p
  8. Saclo

I think there are lots of easy things they could do to make the valk serve its role as light transport vehicle better. Default squad deploy, 360 turret, small speed increase, afterburner option, and maybe a cloaking option that works like the flash wraith cloak. AMS I don't think would be viable though.
  9. Dualice

It's an interesting thought. As you say, owing to the Valkyrie's sluggish and fragile nature I don't think i'td be an outrageous concept.

I use the Valk quite a lot for small squad insertions with my outfit. I really think the Squad Logistics System should be in there by default. If that were the case, perhaps the AMS system could replace that cert line.
  10. Gammit

The biggest problem that I recall is the Galaxy's ability to quick move in 3D space and relocate when discovered. This made destroying the enemy's spawn point a game of visible whack-a-mole. By the time they started taking ANY damage, they would undeploy, take off, fly 50 m away, land, repair, and redeploy.

The Valk would be more vulnerable, but I still think the premise is flawed in that it could very easily and quickly save itself in the same way the Galaxy during beta could.
  11. Takara

Actually....there is. You see, back in Beta the AMS was the Galaxy. It was the only mobile spawn point there is. You could fly it around and land somewhere, then deploy it and people could spawn en-mass. Problem? Biolabs were the most easily captured base. There was almost no point to the vehicle game or defense. There was no point to most bases and most vehicles were next to worthless. Attackers had better spawns then defenders, and could spawn or get places as fast as, if not faster then defenders. It was exceedingly boring.

It was really quite bad. Infact the player base itself lobbied against SoE to change this...they DEMANDED Sundies be given AMS or an actual AMS vehicle be put in the game. Eventually they broke down. The ability for a mobile mass spawn point to simply fly around all defenses and land in unreachable locations completely ruined the game. And by ruined I mean...there was seriously little point to even try. That was before all the lock on weapons too...before much of the cheese that hangs around in the game now. It would be even worse.

So no...dear god no...if it happens it would be the straw that broke this games back.
  12. OldMaster80

We've been telling this to mr Bburness for like... 15 months? Ok the belly armor was cool but the Valkyrie is still not in a decent position. It can't fulfill the role it's supposed to have.
    It needs to be faster and safer for passengers, in order to be viable as troops transport.

But still the problem is in PS2 there are tons of easy, safe and cheap alternatives to relocate troops. No smart Squad Leader in this game would ever consider the Valkyrie as good option.
  13. Liewec123

its a nice idea but imho it'd make it too easy to set up nests (the type we see camping warpgates with burster maxes and AV)
  14. Klabauter8

The best results with the Valkyrie you also don't get by simply relocating troups, but by having an own crew which knows the vehicle, repairs on the fly, throws mines, does hotdrops on tanks/sundies, and keeps spawning back into the vehicle.

I love how everyone sh*ts on the Valk in this game, but at the same time hardly anyone can handle it in game even remotely...
  15. Benton582

I certed into Valk myself, but no one ever goes in.
  16. Benton582

Thanks for the input, I did not know that. Anywho, who's up for making the Valk a STEALTH bomber?!?
  17. Scr1nRusher

Just build in Squad Logistics.

/Endthread.
  18. Rimaxan

Aw, I like running around dropping off troops in my Valk though...