Lag problems

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Some1, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Some1

I posted this over on the daybreak community issue tracker but decided I should post it here as well. I'll just copy what I have written there to here

Note: This was not a problem or anything I have experienced prior to the current patch.
    So as the video shows there is a big delay on firing sniper rifles coming out of cloak now and not only that but sometimes firing your weapon will also cause you to cloak at the same time as the weapon going off making follow up shots extremely difficult and frustrating especially if it happens while 1v1 with an enemy who then proceeds to kill you because you are cloaked and don't have the ability to fight back.
    I know this also apply to the commissioner and I have not seen if it happens with smg's or other secondary's.

Recorded another video with mic audio so you can here the keyboard and mouse clicks and see and hear more accurately whats going on.
    So after playing around a bit I think this more has to do with lag more anything. I've been playing medic and heavy recently and realised whats going on isn't just effecting infiltrator. I'll log on and all will be well for a few minutes but it will slowly get worse and worse to the point where people are warping around, dieing behind walls 10+ seconds after getting behind one, rubber banding etc...
    One thing I have noticed is the ingame ping indicator has jumped from its normal 60 to 100+ but when I ping and tracert the server from the command prompt everything appears normal with 50ms response times. In game I have never gotten a bad connection notification or anything, just after a period of about 15 minutes the game becomes unplayable.

*Just as a note I thought the problem was originally specific to the infiltrator case but as I have learned that's not the problem at all. I was simply just lagging and so the cloak wasn't actually off when I was firing the gun hence the apparent delay in firing.
  2. Pandora's Lunchbox

I confirm that the cloaking while firing issue is present on other weapons such as SMGs. The bug is especially inappropriate regarding SMGs given that they are strictly close-quarters arms.
  3. Some1

Yeah it seems to have something to do with mutiple mouse clicks.
  4. Some1

New video of the latency issues that are happening.