[Suggestion] Give Infiltrators the Archer & BattleRifle.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

You are basically saying that you want MAX's to remain a problem and have nothing to fear when they are in exposed positions.
  2. TerminalT6

I used to be against this idea, but now I'm fairly neutral on it. I don't think infiltrators should have AV power, but the Archer really only tickles anything other than MAXes. On the other hand, infils dance around MAXes pretty easy, and giving them in Archer in CQC/extreme-invisibility-base-parkour (which works, I use the Archer frequently) might be an issue.
    • Up x 1
  3. Benton582

Archer is too OP with infils honestly, they can be really sneaky with the thing and camp damaged vehicles.
    Battle Rifles like Warden for infil? SUPPORT!
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

nothing to fear except...
    tankmines, every vehicle, heavies with rocket launchers, engies with AV turrets, engies with archers and LA's with C4.

if you want anti max cheese on your infil then grab rank 1 wraith for your flash and go road kill, you don't need an anti max sniper rifle to add any more cheese to the plethora of anti max things already in the game.
    • Up x 1
  5. crocosoborizobaur

I agree with battle rifles for infils but no archer. Bolt action sniper do enough damage to maxes especially if headshot, no need for dedicated AV weapon.
  6. Movoza

I'm also against the Archer on the infil. The 450 nanite monstrosity is still way behind MBTs in stats. A free guy that can kill the MAX in 2-5 shots and cloak will be very bad. It would take only one or two infiltrators that hunt MAXs specifically to deny pulling them in a great many places. Especially as too few people would look for them. They don't stand out as they kill less targets. Pulling an AV MAX will be even more disastrous. Against vehicles you often have larger areas where infiltrators have a sniping heaven against the MAX units.
    Simply put, the MAX would be discouraged in AV work and would be too expensive to pull for its vulnerabilities.
    • Up x 1
  7. OldCuban

Picking on someone because they have under 100 posts, shows me exactly the type of pos you really are. Anything you say going forward will be ignored.

Good day!
  8. Flag

No.

Keep it as an incentive to play engineers for infantry play.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Engineers are the second most played class in the game.
  10. Takara

Post count means nothing...1/2 of yours are just 'SIGH' or " RANDOM WARHAMMER 40K COMMENT"
  11. Scr1nRusher

I'm talking about long range situations & AV/AA nests.

Also since you stated before in another comment that you are killing things as a MAX with long range AV.......

No wonder why you would be against it.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Not picking on.

Lets just say if you've been on the forums long enough you seen some strange things & those things sometimes are not what the appear to be.
  13. Scr1nRusher

The archer is NOT a AV weapon.

Do you even know what it does?

Wait wait wait.......

So you are saying there would effectively be a countersystem/counter play & different classes & vehicles working together?

No wonder why you are against that in Planetside 2.

Notice how much like he showed up for exclusively the thread

Archers wouldn't be OP on the infiltrator class.

Its a specialized weapon on a specialized class.
  14. Reclaimer77

Why do infils need to be able to "deal" with Max's exactly? They don't.

Only because so many of them are sitting in their own vehicle, and only repairing their own vehicle.

That's not "playing" Engineer in my opinion.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Class design.

One of the Infiltrators primary roles is taking out key targets, weither that be over distances or behind enemy lines.

Last time I checked MAX's are key targets.

Wrong.

A while back data was pulled up showing that engineers not in vehicles/aircraft are the second most played class.
  16. Shinn

Tanks are key targets too, so you could use exactly the same logic to argue Infils should get C4.
  17. Reclaimer77

Please show me this "data". There's no possible way the statistics can prove such a point. There's simply no way to track that kind of information and collate it accurately.

Anyway back to your main point, I simply don't agree. Infil's can do plenty of damage to Max units with sniper rifles already when used in force. Your suggestion would frankly make AV/AA Max's completely useless. Anywhere outdoors would be rendered a No-MAX-Zone.

There's nothing worst than someone who makes a suggestion, then goes on to bully everyone who doesn't agree with him. Learn to take constructive criticism and don't be such a little brat.

So what if he "only" has 100 posts anyway??
  18. Reclaimer77

He just sort of made that up anyway, so it's a Red Herring. I've never heard a developer say this, and the game and website says nothing about the Infil's role being to take out "key targets"....
  19. Scr1nRusher

What your trying to do isn't going to work.

http://i.imgur.com/7JLzYdN.png

From this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/389t7p/class_playtime_by_server_and_battle_rank_bucket/

And yes the numbers in it do not count/include the vehicle using engineers.

When does that happen?

Also going by that logic the Archer would be a sidegrade to regular sniper rifles.

People said that(how Archers would make outdoors MAx's extinct, but guess what? They didn't.

Also its almost as if people would have to use vehicles or different classes in different situations...............
  20. Scr1nRusher

I didn't make it up.

Take a look at the weapon arsenal & class design/role.

Also before the Class descriptions were removed from the official player site, it did talk actually quite in detail about the class designs/purposes.