LMG mega nerfs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Flag

The reduction to FSM on the LSW is amazing.
  2. MasterOhh

According to the oracle of death, the ADS nerf had almost no impact on the usage and performance of the BG and Orion. So yeah, the same placebo effect that made you think those weapon were OP b/c of 0.75 ADS now makes you believe these weapons arn't an issue anymore with 0.5 ADS. Even if the stats tell a different story.

I bet, if DBG would have just make the announcement that they changed the ADS speed, without realy thouching it, most NC and TR players would still tell you that these weapons don't scare them anymore.
  3. MikeyGeeMan

Well duh. What did you expect when they buffed the lmg.

Removal of .75 needed to be just that. No buffs on top of it.

And vs wins forumside yet again.
  4. Pelainis117

Everything in this game is op if you want fix this remove all of it and its done. Or nerf things until ps2 will become new game and yeah ****** one
  5. Flag

So VS should have objectively worse weapons without anything there to compensate for it?

Great logic you've got there.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nody

Well we have the PPA and ZoE so it's not like it would be breaking any trends to leave us with worse off then any other side for empire specific weapons.
  7. Flag

Good luck making some of the ferocious TR and NC admit that VS gear is underwhelming, ever. :eek:
  8. SQPD

The RoF should be reduced and bloom increased on LMGs. Not made more accurate. I'm pretty much done with this gone-to-hell game that all these wastes-of-skin-and-life heavies made it. If DGC wants to make heavies stand above all classes in population and killing potential, let them.

And as a message to forumside, regarding gameplay:
    I surrender.
    I refuse to turn to the trend and follow it like sheep off a cliff.
    I refuse to contribute to the downfall of gameplay quality.
    I refuse to steal from others fun, at their expense, for my pleasure.
    I surrender.
    Again, I surrender.
    **** you.
  9. Negator

because all of a sudden multiple LMGs become viable, so everyone is trying them. .75 was the placebo; you thought it killed you all the time.
  10. CNR4806

Interesting, because before the hammer hit on this patch, every VS who defended 0.75ADS I saw on the forum insisted that 0.75ADS doesn't give any advantage.

With that logic in mind, the VS LMGs were buffed in this update since it traded a useless trait for minor accuracy buffs.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ohmlink

While a "useless trait" would be a definite understatement on its impact a lot of people apparently thought removing it would suddenly cause the people that were killing them to stop killing them with those weapons.

We know that isn't what happened.
  12. Crayv

The problem with the .75x ADS wasn't so much it was allowing them to kill it was helping prevent those who were using it from being killed.
    • Up x 1
  13. Flag

Not exactly. 0.75 made the comparison weird, but now that it's not there the VS weapons without any of the buffs would have been objectively worse weapons.

Whether or not it actually did give a clear cut advantage in the past isn't actually all that relevant now.
  14. Scorpion97

because I wouldn't have complained if it they just removed the .75 ads from it.the question is:

why did they nerf the heat bleedoff mechanic of the weapon when people were only complaining about .75 ads?
  15. Flag

Because the heat bleed-off rate was actually making the gun a bit too good/too forgiving.
  16. Pelainis117

this is hilarious you think they increased accuracy on betelgeuse/orion? Guess not becouse my accuracy was 31% now it is 28,3% ;) another buff that decrease stats. So do you really can call that buff? if yes you're ********.
  17. MikeyGeeMan

I don't understand why compensation keeps being brought up. The weapon was over performing. It should have been a flat nerf.

Just like every other nerf done in the game.

I just think it is very odd that they even had to balance and test for so long.

They should have just ninja nerfed it and then see if anyone noticed.

Vs got lucky on this one. Doesn't make the game any less fun for me. Nor do I think it's game breaking enough to leave the game. It's just another phase. At some point after the ants are released big changes will come through. It's going to change the entire balance in the game.
  18. Flag

So if VS has a worse weapon (objectively by comparing weapon statistics)but performs the same with it as TR or NC does, then it's fine?
    Are you out of your mind?

By your logic should the VS NS15-M2 be nerfed because it performs better than the other two? Are you actually this crazy?
  19. SQPD

At least do something useful to the LMGs. Reduce the accuracy or damage over range to make it a SAW, not a glistening murder machine. That's right, go suck your own SAW, then blow your damn load (of bullets or lasers) all over your own face. Piece of mind, huh?
  20. SQPD