Playing different factions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exitus Acta Probat, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Exitus Acta Probat

First of all I believe everyone should do it, I think there would be a lot less cries for "nerf" threads.

But the reason for this thread is when I login and depending on my mood I usually pick the underdog, for the first few minutes I have a hard time remembering what team I'm on, an sometimes I have stopped in the middle of shooting some one and wondered if I'm supposed to be shooting them lol

That ever happen to anyone else?
  2. Kdog559

Not really.Sometimes it happens.But I main on VS since I started playing and got into a outfit.I like the feeling of just trying to be on one faction until I feel I've done all that I can on that faction before I move to another one for fun and lvl another guy to 100.Plus I like the people I roll with in my outfit and if I DO go to another faction I might just roll solo since I don't want to be having to be dependent on to many outfits that might need my help.I have rolled TR a lil bit and I feel weird sometimes killing my own faction lol.But I laugh.That's what I get out of it.
  3. Exitus Acta Probat

I'm constantly switching around from one to another, depending on my mood I tend to favor the underdog, I don't really "main" any faction, they all have aspects I enjoy.

Though purple is my favorite color.

Maybe since I'm always changing it up, I tend to have a brain cramp as to which side I'm on for the first minute or two.
  4. Jake the Dog

Lol yeah, when I first started switching factions it happened. I've killed burning friendly vehicles, infantry and at one time a lib...
  5. Taemien

It wouldn't do any good. The average forumside poster is a POS player. That's right, everyone who has posted a nerf thread is a piece of filth player. They're worthless and their respective faction would be better off with out them. Any outfit with such a player should boot them from the organization and blacklist them from platoons.

They use the devs as a cloak to conceal their own ineptitude. They use balance 'issues' as a shield to hide their inability to adapt. And their lies and misinformation they post is the weapon they use to spread their own selfish agendas.
  6. Littleman

Playing as the fourth faction, you really do figure out what is OP and what is underwhelming about all the empires.

There's a general balance, though if I had to say one empire has it easy, it's the VS, but that's because their weaponry is pretty straight forward or very effectively niche.
  7. Astriania

I main NC so when I play on other factions (on Live or in Smashes) I have the wrong reflexes for the first 10 minutes or so. It's excellent how many faction specific little touches there are in the game and how each faction has a 'feel' that you can react to almost subconsciously. (Shape and colour flashes of armour, weapon sounds, ESF shape and engine noise, voice callouts, infiltrator cloak sounds and MBT shape and sound are all different per faction.)
  8. oberchingus

It used to happen with every play session, but now it doesn't happen much anymore. Though, when ESFs fly low over my tank, I always get tempted to shoot down same-faction ones.

My outfit plays all 3 quite regularly, sometimes daily.
  9. DeadlyPeanutt

i play all three factions on three different servers... i think everyone should if they have time to play during prime time.

trouble is, I'm shooting purple guys as an NC, then log into a different server and start shooting purple guys by habit, and they're on my own team :(
  10. Jubikus

sir im going to have to ask you to calm down.
  11. Pokebreaker

NC till the day I die! and then am reborn from nanites...
  12. GhostAvatar

The only thing that really messes me up is the cloaking sounds. And remembering which ones are friendly or not for the faction I am currently on.
  13. HannaDest

I remember after a year TR or so I gave Vanu a shot. That was really spooky and surreal, I felt like a spy.
  14. ParakeetLord88