Why is the NS-15M not being touched in the LMG changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Iridar51

If NS isn't even an empire, why do we have to worry about keeping traits of a non-existing faction? Consistency is better than good gameplay?
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

This isn't complex.

The NS-15M is the only 0.75 ADS LMG not getting changed in the LMG changes.
  3. cobaltlightning

Because it's NS.

ALL NS Weapons have a 0.75x ADS speed, save for the Launchers. Since they lack in Killing Potential and Rate of Fire, and are the complete average weapons most of the time (for primaries, anyway) then they should probably keep the 0.75x ADS trait.

Another example is the Vandal, which is the NS Scout Rifle. It has a 0.75x ADS, where as all other scout rifles have 0.5x ADS.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Its not about empire, its about game balancing.

As I explained before...... the jobs not truely done.

They removed 0.75 ADS off all ES LMG's(Orion,SVA-88,BG) but not all LMG's(NS-15M).
  5. Dualice

I believe Scrin's point, and the underlying flavour from the upcoming LMG changes, is that the heavy assault class should not have access to a .75x ADS LMG, period. The NS-15's TTK might be sub-par but it has a fairly stable recoil profile, a typically oversized magazine (being an LMG), and a fast reload. Combine that with superior mobility to most other weapons in the game, even when wearing an overshield, and the issue the devs seem intent on phasing out still prevails on the NS-15.

That being said, the NS-15 losing the ADS speed and getting a 652RoF sounds a pretty dull way of doing it - as another poster said, you'd basically be getting a Bull/EM1/Polaris clone.
  6. FateJH

That's why I wanted a clarification (a link to somewhere) where the developers have specifically stated "this is why we're doing it." It's one thing that Scr1nRusher says it; but it's entirely another matter if this is what the developers have state their intention was with the LMG changes. The latter I will recognize; the former in absence of the latter I will not.
    I can link to a post where I explore how narrow the movement benefit of 0.75 ADS is compared to the myraid of ways that the movement bonus is not applied when using a weapon and an overshield? I would actually welcome specific criticisms on its presentation of the argument as Scr1n isn't much for providing detailed criticism beyond repeating what he said in his OP post, or sighing, or referencing WH40K.
    • Up x 2
  7. Jogido

You don't have keep traits for a "brand" of weapons....but I am just pointing out that the original Development had this as part of their NS design intents.

Note that I never actually said this was any kind of justification for anything. It just a thing that was done. But I certainly have no problem with this. I also wouldn't care if they changed it. I was just pointing it out.

That said...what i did say was that the gun feels fine to me and works well in my opinion. It doesn't really bother me that there is an odd ball LMG with .75 movement. I don't feel it creates a balance problem.
  8. orangejedi829

This is an easy answer. The NS-15 simply does less damage than the other main-tier LMGs like the CARV, Orion, EM6, etc. On Orion and BG, 0.75ADS with the same level of damage as the other LMGs makes for an unfair advantage. But since the NS-15 doesn't have the DPS of the others, the 0.75ADS acts more to bring it up to speed than anything else. Honestly, I've both used and been killed by the NS-15, and I've never considered it OP.
  9. Scr1nRusher

How can you not even take the time to look at & compare damage models?
  10. Scr1nRusher

Is 0.75 ADS removed off all LMG's? No.(which is a problem)

Is 0.75 ADS removed off all ES LMG's? Yes.
  11. LodeTria

It's not getting changed because everyone has access to it.
    It's pretty simple really. Is the same situation as the AV mana turret before it got (rightfully) nerfed, although this isn't as bad.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Even that is a crap excuse when you think about this:

13. LodeTria

It is a crap excuse, but that's the reason.
    Don't think there's much we can do about that.
  14. Scr1nRusher

I'm doing something.

This whole thread is pointing out that the "LMG changes" are mixing a change or 2.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Missing a change or 2*
  16. Astriania

I would assume that it's because NS weapons are mostly 0.75 and they sacrifice a tier in the damage profile as compensation for that. I don't necessarily agree with leaving the NS-15 alone but that would be the reason it would make sense, as a few people have pointed out already.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Thats a myth.
  18. TombsClawtooth

Cite your sources for this being a myth.
    • Up x 2
  19. Scr1nRusher

Because they do not have lower damage tiers.

The NS-11A,C & 15M are all 143 damage weapons.

The PDW & MKV are 125 damage weapons.

If you actually take the time to look at the ES LMG's,AR's,Carbines & SMG's(Which have either 200,167, 143 and 125 damage tiers),the NS weapons are not weaker then them.
  20. orangejedi829

You high? The NS15, Orion, and Carv all do 143@10 and 125@65 damage per shot. But the NS15 fires at 625 rpm, whereas the Orion and Carv fire at 750 rpm. It's literally the same exact damage model except that the Orion and Carv fire an extra 125 rounds per minute.
    • Up x 1