New Daybreak Game Cards Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Communications Manager

Beginning the week of October 12th, you will see the new Daybreak game cards at U.S. Best Buy, GameStop, and Toys R Us retailers.

The new cash cards will come in two denominations: $25 and $50. There are four card designs in all and every retailer will get multiple copies of each card design. Collect the whole set!

[IMG]

In November, the cards are scheduled to be available in Target locations across the U.S.

Daybreak Cash is the in-game currency that unlocks thousands of cool items, services, and adventures in your favorite Daybreak Games. We appreciate your patience while we roll out these new cards, and we hope you enjoy them!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I used to buy cards to pay for All Access membership. Will these cards still work?
    If you previously used cash cards to purchase All Access membership, don’t fret! When you redeem these new cards at the $25 or $50 denomination, you will have the ability to either redeem for all Daybreak Cash or split the redemption between full months of All Access membership and receive the remainder in Daybreak Cash. . The new redemption page will be www.daybreakgames.com/gamecards.

Q: A store near me still has the old SOE game cards. Can I still buy those?
    The former SOE game cards you might still find on retailer shelves will no longer activate on and after October 7th, 2015. This means that you will not be able to purchase the cards from the retailer who must activate the card at the register.

Q: I have old SOE game cards that I previously purchased but haven’t redeemed. Can I still use these?
    If you have a SOE game card you purchased before October 7th, 2015 but have not yet redeemed it, those cards will still redeem and you will receive your DB Cash or Membership, depending upon the card.
    Starting October 7th, you will not be able to purchase the older SOE cards. Any cards you had purchased before that date will still redeem.

Q: I live outside the U.S. How can I get one of these cards?
    Currently, these cards will only be available in U.S. retailers. You can still purchase Daybreak Cash and membership through alternative methods. Visit www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash for more information!

Q: I bought a card that doesn’t feature the game I play/I can’t find a card with my game on it!
    Your Daybreak Cash wallet is accessible in all Daybreak Games titles available on PC. So, for example, if you buy a card with the H1Z1 design, you can still use the cash in PlanetSide 2.

Q: I play DCUO and/or PlanetSide 2 on the PlayStation® Network. Can I use these cards?
    These cards are redeemable for Daybreak Cash and/or All Access Membership, which are only available on the PC. These cards will not work on the PS3 or PS4.

Q: I have a question that isn’t answered here. Where do I go?
    For more information about Daybreak Cash, visit www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash. For information on All Access membership, visit www.daybreakgames.com/allaccess. For game-specific questions, visit your official game forums.
    • Up x 2
  2. belthazor3457

I clicked on this from the launcher assuming I would find a daybreak hearthstone card game ripoff where we would have everquest cards, planetside 2 cards,H1Z1 cards, and DC universe cards.

Actually.... $_$

That sounds like a lot of money...
  3. Famif

Skipping the 15$ one and going straight for the 25 and 50? That's fine with me. 25$ a month for a subscription plan hurts those without a card, but this isn't 2005, it's 2015. Do what you want, I will still be here to support planetside2 and its continued progression of new content.
    • Up x 1
  4. Arod

Just in time to stock up on the "bounty" feature you've so graciously given us.
    Monetizing salty players.

Truly a stroke of genius.
  5. Orakel

Yeah like always just for US only and what DB doing for their european players ? I want pay monthly all acess via Steam and i still have to activate a debit card there ....why you just dont close those european servers since no1 cares ?
  6. Wutaaa

I don't understand the blatant disregard for low income players. There are people like myself who either are self employed and/ or have part time work. Some possibly even have children who play and they cannot afford to spend $25 on a game card, much less multiple, but they can afford to spend between $5 and $20. What about people who play who are on Government Assistance programs? Don't you think it would be more lucrative to offer affordable options for those not so well off? I'm more than willing to "pay" for things, but making them affordable is the Company's responsibility if they want positive feedback and a profitable business. As ProtoStar says: "Making Dreams Come True!... For Money!"
  7. SpiderBot

Nice to see the half naked, hot elf girl trope still alive and kicking.
  8. DigiWobble

see this is great and all. but how about fixing steam payments/paysafecard payments first?
  9. Amphiii

I hope paysafecard option will fixed soon
  10. AgentRed

So will it come with bonus items like the old ones like plat weapons or implants??
  11. Dexella Communications Manager

No, these cards do not include any bonus items.
  12. J.Crowe

Remember how DBG promised to decrease SC/DBC prices on Planetside 2 items after substantially increasing certification point costs? I still think 1 SC off is a little lacking discount.
  13. AgentRed

It would be nice if your team were to do a promotion with bonus items for a limited time for the new card. Like maybe that recruitment camo you guys had awhile back or like a new plat gun. I always bought those cards when guys did stuff like that.
  14. SpoofGhost

Do people actually buy this stuff? $25 for 2500 in game points. That **** is so expensive, in comparison to what you can buy for it in game.
  15. Tatwi

$25 USD = $32.43 CAD

It's just not worth it for we Canadians to purchase things online in USD anymore. Our wages aren't significantly different here in Canada, yet our dollar is worth 30% less than the USD.

Average full time hourly wage in the USA: $21.58
    Average full time hourly wage in Canada: $26.47

I'm actually quite shocked by how high those averages are, as most folks I know make closer to $11 - $20. I would imagine if they remove the top 10% of earners out of the calculation, the average for the remaining 90% of each population would be closer to $12.50. Minimum wage varies greatly per province/state and that should be a consideration as well.

Bottom line: Sell the cards in Canada again or learn to be content with not making any money off folks who feel as I do, because I can't justify literally throwing 30% of my money away simply because at the moment global economics devalue my dollar.

Sources:
    http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/AWI.html
    http://www.livingin-canada.com/work-salaries-wages-canada.html
    • Up x 1
  16. ShotYe

I second this, the 15$ CAD for a month of membership was definitely worth the price. Buying the game card that were in store is a much better option than paying online which have makes it more expensive for us Canadians and I will NOT GO OVER TO THE US TO BUY A GAME CARD EVERY SINGLE TIME. I don't see a problem why you are limiting these game cards only when in the past they were accessible in Canada.
  17. TheTurkeyBaster

Can anyone think of another game that turned tunnel-vision rage into money?
  18. Astriania

They don't say anything here about not being able to purchase membership by the existing channels, or raising the price, do they?

And at least Canadians aren't being screwed by the 'it's $15, or €15, or maybe even £15" scam ...

I do think that there should be a $10 card though. $25 is going to be way above most people's impulse purchase limit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.