[Vehicle] How to fix the GK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

I'd switch the canister and the Mjols jobs personally.
  2. Scr1nRusher

The Mjol needs more velocity.
  3. Jake the Dog

It needs alot of things buddy XD
  4. Scr1nRusher

The Gatekeeper takes forever to kill something at those ranges.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Velocity is the simplest buff you can give it so it feels less CQC and more close range.
  6. RedArmy

i dont really see any problem with the GK - i play TR and TBH, i dont really like it that much. it may be super accurate, but its dmg is just too low to be meaningful. its great to plink some things every now n again but unless ur running a mass of them, id rather just stick with the vulcan...
    • Up x 1
  7. Jake the Dog

Have you tried to kill something with the saron at those ranges? It takes FOREVER lol. The enforcer is kinda reasonable but has non-user friendly sites and terrible drop.

Test it in VR against far away targets. I suggest roughly 300m+ away.
  8. Scr1nRusher

But you see what I am getting at.
  9. Jake the Dog

There it is the damage arguement... I knew someone would bring it up.
    GK: (170x160)/60= 453.33 dmg/s over 13 seconds.
    Saron @<100m: (284x6)/(1.2s firing time+ 2.5s reload)= 460.5 dmg/s
    Saron @>100m: (284x6)/(1.2s+2.5s+(.3s*6) time required for bloom to drop on each shot)= 309.82 dmg/s
    Enforcer: 500dmg/s over 8s. I haven't gone back and redid calculations with the new reload mechanic yet.

Considering that it is only 7 dmg/s behind the magriders saron at less than 100m and better than the saron by 143 dmg/s makes it laughable.

The enforcer at 8 shots maintains its higher dps, but at the cost of sustainability with the ability to make shots in desperation, where as the GK maintains its DPS over a significantly longer period of time.
  10. MikeyGeeMan

Or that the other factions have a long range AV weapon.

Lancer and Ravens

Tr has the gatekeeper.

I also challenge you to show the numbers that prove your point. Not damage models and theoretical bs. Give me the game stats kph etc
  11. Jake the Dog

Ravens if I remember correctly have a range of about 225m I'm not talking about that range. I WANT THE GK TO BE EFFECTIVE AT 200M.
    Lancers pale in comparison but have the same issue just not as glaring atm.
    I brought this up in the beginning of the thread. You're talking of asymetrical balance, which I personally said, we should bring TR AV into line with the other factions which includes maxs and strikers. Because fracs are a joke and everyone knows it. I out repaired a dual frac max at 100m by myself.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Its 350m.
  13. Jake the Dog

I know what you're getting at. Velocity is the easiest buff, but... is it the best one. Its like applying a bandage to an open chest wound it keep him breathing longer but the problem persists.
  14. Jake the Dog

lol then they apparently suck at hitting me.
  15. Scr1nRusher

With balance sometimes you have to make small positive adjustments.
  16. Benton582

Have you ever got hit by them constantly? From 800m? And you are stuck there trying to keep sundee up? And get ****** when 3 more GKs appear?
    • Up x 1
  17. Astriania

Think it got nerfed to 300. Either way, it's not render range (800m+) like the GK.

It needs a Saron-like COF mechanic or something. Enforcer is ineffective at that range due to velocity and drop, but that's not the right 'feel' for the GK.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jake the Dog

I hope so. Maybe it could have unforeseen consquences anyways. Such as bringing others to my point of view... or not. Thats their prerogative, I like to fix things I think are wrong. I hope (a fools hope honestly) that the devs actually read and consider this, should probably throw it on reddit...
  19. Jake the Dog

In more positive news chaos has not yet consumed this thread! Yet...
  20. Scr1nRusher

I am keeping the Warp back the best I can.
    • Up x 1