Auraxium Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AngusPrime, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Scorpion97

So since the current Betelgeuse is confirmed to be the only unique auraxium weapon in the game,anyone mind keeping it as it is while buffing the other counterparts?
  2. Scorpion97

LOL,didn't even realize that our eye-****** is the thread creator
  3. AngusPrime

<3
  4. Plastikfrosch

dont forget the eclipse, i love my eclipse and if i wasnt to lazy do grind for the darkstar i would like it too (since its awsome on the testserver)
  5. Danath

The TRAC is almost exactly a Jaguar with Adv. Laser and Soft Point ammo. The only novelty is that it includes the underbarrel shotgun. In short, is a SMG (good hipfire accuracy) with a big magazine.
  6. ALN_Isolator

Go for the Trac-Shot.
    God tier weapon with a 40 round magazine and 143 DMG/750 RoF combo. The standard Trac-5 with a laser is amazing and to add SPA and a OHK shotgun onto that as a bonus is simply insane.
    The recoil can sometimes give you nightmares but at the ranges this starts happening you really should be burst firing anyway and I like use it as an all purpose carbine rather than strictly CQC.

Also the Shuriken kinda....... exists....
  7. FieldMarshall

I dont mind Aurax weapons being weaker than their normal counterparts.
    If they all had unique faction flavors like the VS heat mechanic.

I also think its a good idea if they moved away from the mindset that aurax weapons have to be alternate versions of default weapons.
    That way, TR could get something like a LMG TORQ that they always wanted.
    • Up x 1
  8. Gundem

The arax shotties are pretty meh. One one hand, they are semi-auto, so that automatically gets them lightyears ahead of the PA shotguns.

One the other hand, they have to contend with the High-cap shotguns, and that smart choke just can't contend with a 12 round magazine.

If the araxium shotties were to get improved damage drop off overall, I would seriously have to consider between it and the Nova. But as it currently stands, damage drop off simply overshadows any benefit the .5 Pellet Spread improvement the araxium shotties have over just using the Fast Reload shotties, which reload faster, have larger magazines, and remain more accurate while hipfiring.

Now if the VS Arax Shotty changed to slug ammo while ADS, I'd probably wet my spandex. Of course I'd want the TR and NC variants to get equal buffs, but it just seems like the perfect change for the VS. Overall nerf it's performance compared to the other shotties with slower reload, smaller magazine and perhaps even worse pellet spread, but then it turns to a slightly slower velocity, lower damage slug when you ADS.
  9. AngusPrime

A little thought for NC/TR equivalents and one with vanu flavour,

VS = Slugs while ADS, Potentially a charge like the spiker(Adsing charges it up) but instead the charge makes it so the slugs have no bullet drop/higher muzzle velocity to bring back the shotgun sniping but make is less unbalanced compared to the other shotgun slugs as it cannot continuously fire 100% no bullet drop slugs.

(This is my faction so expect bias.)TR = Switchable Firemodes that change how the shotgun plays, Burst, Auto, Pump, Semi, to allow it to perform in a variety of situations, or if you want to go full TR flavour, make it a chaingun shotgun that spins up that has a huge ammo pool.

NC = As NC has an underbarrel shotgun on said shotgun I feel it could be made more interesting if they double barreled it but gave it an equivalent damage to pump but gave it more spread while the under-barrel would work at further ranges, allow for it to pack a true punch in NC fashion, and allow for a total of 3 shots in succession, but a longer reload to prevent that insane killing power from wiping entire rooms, as well as when adsing it fires both barrels from the double barrel simultaneously but forces a longer reload.

Not saying these are balanced, which they aren't, not saying they should happen but all of those sounds FAR more appealing.
  10. Kanil

The NC's Brawler has only 6 rounds per mag, which is the same as the stock semi auto. The TR/VS ones have 8. The stock shotguns can all be upgraded to 10.

I've never used them, but the TR/VS ones seem like they'd be mediocre side grades -- a poor Baron that you can reload all at once. The Brawler is probably the worst shotgun in the game, however.
  11. Ryoken

Honestly I have no idea why the VS are the only ones with a unique mechanic on their directive weapons.

Give the TR's Butcher a belt feed system that draws from the entire ammo pool, requiring no reloads. Just adding that would remove a lot of complaints about it. Maybe doing the same for all their directive weapons would work, but then we'd have to give the VS heat mechanics on all theirs.

Not sure what to do with the NC weapons as I barely ever play them (and when I do it's for the Cyclone).
  12. AngusPrime

As a TR I would love that belt fed system, for NC just give them GAUSS based munitions that give them much better muzzle velocity, it's already prevalent on the GODSAW (670MV)
  13. Beerbeerbeer

I was thinking about going for the aurax shotguns, but then I discovered they're semi-auto.

I prefer the pump-action way more so meh, decided against it.
  14. Lemposs

Well if you are sadistic, you could always go for the Brawlers one shot pump action like underbarrel :p
  15. Mianera

Reroll VS and go for anything except their SMG.
  16. Vurvu

"Auraxium Weapons"

Slower Getting Toward A Slightly Better Planetside 2.
  17. AngusPrime

The main reason I want to get an Auraxium Weapon is so I have a goal to work to instead of just aimlessly killing I suppose.
  18. Vurvu

"The main reason I want to get an Auraxium Weapon is so I have a goal to work to instead of just aimlessly killing I suppose."

This would look good on any report that came from various Government bodies that explained why they spent more than they should for something nobody wanted, in a place they couldn't pronunciate on the first try.
  19. Ryoken

Do you ever post anything even remotely relevant to the thread?
    • Up x 1
  20. Bindlestiff

I'm not sure I agree with that. I find the Skorpios to be excellent in the areas that the Eridani and Sirius also are.