Alerts - Tacit collusion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turiel =RL=, Jul 13, 2015.

1. asmodraxus

When NC is winning TR and VS gang up on them
    When TR is winning NC and VS gang up on them
    When VS is winning TR and NC gang up on them

As to those thjat say the PPA needed a nerf well the PPA-H pre nerf had the same KPH and KPU as the pre buff Marauder-H go figure that one out, just that the PPA had more users.

Now the Mag PPA needed to be reduced in effectiveness at range, not completely destroyed

TR complain about the lack of long range infantry AV, however the striker is marginally effective unlike the PPA & ZoE
  2. Kronias

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Kronias

So let me get this straight...VS is no fun...because Aliens?

[IMG]
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

NC on Cobalt.. if they have most territory = they will loose alert.
  5. Turiel =RL=

...and yet another win for the empire with the tanks on the hills and MAXs that never need to reload. Equal pop and still VS wins with 55%. Absolutely ridiculous!
  6. Whatupwidat

VS have this "OP" thing called "co-ordination between outfits" - which I find utterly distasteful and not cricket.

I mean practising?

Vanu bastards... ;)
  7. Turiel =RL=

NC would have such sort of outfit-coordination also, but for some reason whenever the order is given to fly a Vanguard to a hill next a spawnroom to lock down the enemy completely, nobody is listening. Also, I said it at least 100 times on /orders that our MAXs shall not die while reloading for 5 seconds but instead kill 10 guys in one go, nobody seems to be listening either.

It must be a coordination problem for sure! We are working on it though. In the meantime I shall play VS to uncover their secrets.
  8. Goretzu

That's nonsense on Miller, every continent in PT on Miller you'll see NC fighting TR/VS ~50/50..... mostly because 60-75% of both TR&VS are attacking NC, but still! :p
    • Up x 1
  9. Atis

Yesterday at Miller TR were running from VS so fast, they actually took few NC bases, then stuck at biolab and sit there whole alert. NC hold them and somehow managed to push VS a bit at same time. TR, having 60% hex pop, kept complaining about VS/NC zergs, QQing about VS cheaters (because you really need cheats to take half-empty TR bases) and persuading everyone that they didnt even want to with this stupid alert so they just stay comfy in stalemate with another faction with 2x% territory.

Thats clearly shows how OP VS are, with their hovertank. While NC/TR only got tank turret, primary with serious elevation angle and ability to shoot further than hand grenade flies, which gives no real advantage. And yes, thats true, VS max never reloads, these sick Nebulas and Blueshift mags can carry him through whole alert.
  10. FieldMarshall

I think you are forgetting the reason why people play games in the first place. Fun. Also XP.
    A good fight will give both more fun and xp than winning an alert will.
    The "rewards" from alerts are so trivial that there is no real point in participating other than getting to say "We won".

Same with zerging. The only ones who gain anything from zerging are the squad/platoon leaders who gets directive progression.
    The average "zergling" in large outfits like DIG gets a really bad deal out of it while the squad/platoon leaders rake in points.

Zerg outfits who set waypoints and say "go there" hardly qualifies as discipline and organisation though.
    • Up x 1
  11. Renuse

Interesting.

Well we don't really farm directives while we are playing in groups.Individuals can do whatever they want, its a video game. People have a hard enough time finding a reason to play after so long. If they like directives, let them do it.

We do small fights only to the point of evening out the pop, and then we play them through, even if we somehow lose.

We don't use Tracers or w.e the hell your talking about. We do however train A LOT. Teamwork, communication, awareness, and effect on target. And we do all the competitive events. We have some of the most experienced player-base on Connery atm, with close ties to beta groups and PS1. If we didn't perform at an above average level I would be a bit upset at our members for not maintaining their edge.
    • Up x 1
  12. Revel

Personally I'd like to see continent locking go away and just a static bonus given for a set duration. The population is ever dwindling, and there is a noticeable slowdown in fighting for 20 minutes afterwards until people move to new continents, pull vehicles/gals, group up etc.

I just log out now when an alert is over and come back in an hour when I can jump right back into fighting.
  13. Kumaro

Until the game finds better balance in how the teamwork functions in game *just look at the link in my sig that guy knows what we need* I doubt this will improve any time soon. :/