[Suggestion] Make Terminal Hacking more rewarding

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Naaahhhhh, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Naaahhhhh

Hear is my idea: How about everytime a ally uses a terminal hacked from you, you get a exp reward. 5 exp for equipment, 20-100 exp for vehicle (when a spawn happen) and 50-100 exp for a air terminal (if a spawn happen).

Flash: 20 exp
    Lightning: 50 exp
    MBT: 100 exp
    and so on...
    • Up x 4
  2. Endlave

That's actually a great idea and I can't even imagine why it still isn't the case. I don't even play infiltrator and still fully support this suggestion. While you are at it, could as well give the infiltrator some exp for kills done with a hacked turret. Driver's get gunner assist exp, so the hacker should get his share, too.
    • Up x 3
  3. Moonheart

I have mixed feelings about it.
    I certainly want hacking to be upgraded.
    However, I don't think we need more XP. We need more usefulness.

My dream is to see a change that makes that you cannot counter-hack something by blasting it with C4.
    • Up x 1
  4. K2k4

there have been requests since the beginning for infils to have more to hack. What about hacking ammo towers, pain fields, force fields, etc. Wouldn't it make more sense to hack into the base defenses than wait for a lengthy generator overload?
    • Up x 1
  5. Biddion

More things to hack: More hackable bridges, shields that act like doors to "enter" bases, jump pads, elevators, ammo towers, ect.

I also think cloak (the flash too) should allow you to "shield break" some of these barriers, so a two man team can enter and tear **** up, open all the paths, and whatever else to set up an invasion. Obviously SCUs wouldn't be allowed.

I don't support hacking vehicles other than the sunderer. It is cheesy. With sunderer hacking it would allow friendlies to spawn on it, reequip, but nothing else. It would prevent large platoons from rolling up with multiple sunderers and smash the point(s) while leaving sunderers undefended. If their main spawn goes down, there is simply another one, and defenders who are overwhelmed have vary few options to stop the steamrolling. Too often, at least on Briggs, buses are mass parked with very little penalty.