Planetside 1 Weekend! November 14-15

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Atis, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Atis

Hear ye, Hear ye!

Just heard that some guys, almost as cool as me, are gathering people for Planetside 1 event November 14-15
    If we get enough people, BBurness will be there as honorable bouncer, kicking hacker's *****. 40+ players agreed to attend already. Join in, its free, fun, different, deep and meaningful game. If you have no character, make one and complete training missions to get some certs.
    Questions can be asked here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3pqg1e/planetside_1_weekend_november_1415_come_support/
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

3. Some1

Yes please. Just wish it was more then just a weekend long though.
  4. Atis

There is a chance to make it a regular event. It will depend on guest moderators, which in turn will depend on number of players, which in turn will depend on how much people will be able to refrain from scaring normal players with subtle hacks and CR AoE.
  5. stalkish

I consider myself a PS1 enthusiast, played it for all its life till PS2, will defo be there if i have the time!

And while i agree its deeper than PS2, i doubt any new players will agree to that after spending an hour trying to get into a VS held interlink facility :p
  6. Some1

I attempted to play it a few months ago but some *** hat deemed him self the god of the server and started team killing everyone for not playing the game to his standards.
  7. FieldMarshall

My body is ready.

[IMG]
  8. Atis

I started playing PS1 after it went F2P, met other fresh players, so its definitely possible to get hooked even now. ofc many players wont be able to get over jumpjetting MAXes, "noskill" kills with spitfires etc, but we shouldnt be bothered with them. There are enough players who cant get over Orion in PS2.

Happens in every shooter with friendly fire enabled. I wish that would be biggest issue with both PS.
  9. stalkish

Your image isnt :(

Also.....no maelstroms :eek:
    • Up x 1
  10. FieldMarshall

I... have a Jackhammer fetish :oops:
  11. Atis

Just drop your CUD and we are good.
  12. Some1

Yeah really bothers me that a huge part of the game is now blocked off because of a bug they cant be bothered to take the time to fix... Not to mention I actually payed for the core combat expansion way back when...
    • Up x 1
  13. Racheengel

if you refer to the BFRs, then good riddance. They drove the nail into the coffin after already many players left for WoW
  14. stalkish

O ye, i forgot core combat wasnt working.
    I also paid for it, still have the CD case lol.

Refresh my memory, what was the bug they have a problem with?
  15. stalkish

No he is referring to Core Combat, the BFR only came during Aftershock i believe it was called.

He is referring to:
    • The caverns (...Annwn......nooooooo :()
    • Ancient tech weapons; maelstrom, radiator, spiker
    • Ancient tech vehicles; router, switchblade, flail
    • Base modules
    • Geowarps
    So many great additions to the game in the core combat expansion, BFRs were not one of them, they were a year or 2 later IIRC.

P.S. Anyone who left over BFRs was a moron.
    • Up x 3
  16. Atis

I think we still have geopwarps. And I suspect that caverns are blocked yet their bonus works for faction, owning them before block.

But the rest of CoreCombat stuff works only in VR.
  17. Some1

That even if you owned the expansion in the past if you try to pull any vehicles or weapons or go the caverns a little message pops up declaring that you don't own the expansion.

This was after the game went f2p
  18. FateJH

I'm told this is because the type of account that everyone was migrated to during the free to play conversion is not designed to allow access to Core Combat content (outside of VR). It's something like those limited free accounts SOE allowed during the game's heyday, except there is no BR or CR cap.
    The caverns do rotate and you can use active Geowarps for ANT filling; but, nothing happens if you drive into their center. They still work as Broadcast Gates for continental entry under certain conditions, though.

This is actually quite obnoxious because the Caverns weren't left in any sort of balanced conditions. If I recall, the TR locked all but two Caverns, one of which is NC locked, and the other of which is mostly owned VS, but is not locked to their faction. Long story short, there's a good chance the TR will have a cavern bonus and influence on whichever continent you fight them.
  19. sebastian oscar post

F*ck it, im on now!
  20. FateJH

I have to update my comment. I logged on and checked and I was half-mistaken.
    The TR do have a lot of caverns locked but so do the VS. The TR and VS have about the same amount of caverns locked. The NC has one cavern locked. One of the few caverns that would have had active fighting had time not come to a standstill would have been under VS control were there not one NC capture remaining.