Help for destroying deployed Sunderers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarII, Oct 22, 2015.

1. DarkStarII

So I need to destroy about 100 more Sunderers. So far, what I've been doing is suicide charging as an engineer to kill them, it's worked, sort of... But anyway, does anyone have any advice for destroying a lot of them fast?
  2. Leftconsin

Tank Buster
  3. CorporationUSA

Learn to fly an ESF and get hornets or rocketpods. Or use a liberator and the vortek or tank buster.

There are lots of ways to kill sunderers really, but flying is probably the fastest way I've found. If you don't want to fly, you can always find someone with an AV weapon on the harasser and gun for them. Or you can use one of the tanks, but that would probably be harder.
  4. Shaengar

When I decided to go for the white camo I got most of my Sundy kills by driving around in a tank in medium sized battles. Works best with a Gunner who will let you get the final shot.

It was also very effecitve to fly around in a Valk or an ESF as an engineer at late night when there are only few players active. There are many loney ghostcappers on abandoned continents and they often bring a lowly certed sundy that you can easily destroy with the AT-mine + Sticky Grenade combo.
    • Up x 1
  5. AtckAtck

1. AP Lightning
    2. For not deployment shield sunderer: Heavy. 2 C4, 1 Rocket and a Vehicle Nade and Boom.
    3. For deployment shield sunderer: Teamwork as infantry or any vehicle.

I prefered no.1, was by far the easiest to do.
  6. DarkStarII

So I guess I'll be flying. Preferably during low pop hours. Thanks for the advice. :)
  7. Demigan

Look for a Zerg, an enemy Zerg.

After they take a base, often one or two deployed Sunderers are left behind. They are relatively cheap and players don't want to run back to them. So you grab a vehicle of your choice, circle around and drive to the base they've taken. Then blow them up one by one.
    My current favorite vehicle to do this is a stealth flash with a Basilisk. It's surprisingly much better at taking down Sunderers than the Fury and has much, much more ammo so it can kill 3 and have left over to kill another vehicle from the back.

If you want to hunt down deployed Sunderers that aren't as empty it depends on the situation. A lot of Sunderers are easily reached with a vehicle, use an MBT, Lightning or Harasser with a strong AV weapon to kill it, since often some engineers start repairing it you can first hurt it, then drive up to it and place mines while they are busy repairing. Other methods include driving there in a Flash or Harasser and placing mines, or flying in a Valk or doing a Gal drop. If you've got a team, get a Liberator for instance to hunt them down, a Fury Sunderer or just a tank column.
  8. Archiadus

1. Open your map and look for the biggest battle you can find.
    2. Spawn a sunderer and deploy it somwhere near the fight, I'd advise to get max vehicle stealth for the cloak so that you can respawn safely.
    3. Plop down your AV turret (assuming you've bought it).
    Then you just start shooting at the endless stream of sunderers that are fighting for a spot to mindlessly deploy at, you might get sniped down a few times by players that pay attention to their surroundings but those are usually a rare sight during zergfights. :p
  9. Gundem

The Tank Buster will not get you free Sunderer kills. A fully upgraded magazine only deals about 40% HP to a Sunderer with no armor. And if you want to hunt weakened vehicles, you'd be better off with Hornets. If you try to sit and vomit a sundy to death with the TB, you will be filled with rockets and basilisk shots and you will die. Unless of course the Sundy is unattended, but you'd do just as well with tank mines at that point.

The TB best pairs with the Shredder for taking out Sunderers, but you'd not only need a lot of certs into your AB, TB, Shredder and airframe before you'd be even close to performing well in actual combat.
  10. H4YW1R3

AV Max.

I always hated maxes, and never certed one up until DB/SOE botched the resource system up, and then compounded the problem by adding the deployment shield to the sunderer.

I've always loved sunderer hunting. But with the new resource system, the enemy can chain pull sunderers cheap. So it's no longer efficient to destroy sunderers with C4 or tank mines. You run out of resources way too quickly. And with the deployment shields, if you have enemy spawning on the sunderer, even if you kill them, the enemy will interrupt your sequence long enough for the deployment shield to regenerate, causing you to fail and waste the resources spent.

So I ended up having to cert up the max. Despite the 450 resources required, it's way more efficient at destroying multiple sunderers than using consumables.
  11. Jubikus

Two words
    1.Lockdown
    2.Prowler
    • Up x 1
  12. Stormsinger

Yep! When facing any armor piece whatsoever, air or ground... I can usually try to move my sunderer, to varying degrees of success. Shields included, if i time my undeploy well, and break my own shield just after a shot connects, I can get away.

The exception to this is Prowlers. I just abandon my sunderer, or pull a LA / Stalker cloak infiltrator at the last second, depending on the scenario - either way, the Sunderer is dead. Even with racer 3, I'll barely start moving before the thing blows. When i'm the prowler, deployed sundies are essentially cert pinatas, as is all armor vs a P2-120 AP with maxed out reload / Anchor :p

Personally, I like going a base or so behind the front lines, hacking a terminal, and pulling a prowler. Driving cross country randomly through deep enemy territory, you find all sorts of random abandoned armor pieces. My record so far is 12 sunderers driving randomly through eastern Indar - I was in a Skyguard. Those things burn through armor at an impressive rate when you're totally uncontested, and can drive up to fire at point blank.
  13. FateJH

I have a completely novel suggestion that is somewhat antithetical to the thread. It's not great advice for achieving the desired goal but it greatly increases playtime enjoyability. Also, the thread already has a few good suggestions from other people.

Just play the game normally. Certs will happen. Directives will happen. You don't have to force it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vurvu

Harasser.
    For Sunderers -
    and everything else;
    including Harassers.
  15. DarkStarII

I think I should mention that I play as VS and infiltrator is my main class, so it may take a while to let destroying them just happen. That is why I suicide charge em as an engineer when I seem them.
  16. TheFlamingLemon

Anti-tank mines is the probably fastest and the certainly most fun way to kill them. You can either go to smaller fights or go to the outskirts of big fights. In big fights outskirts you'll find sunderers that aren't being used or guarded.

Don't waste your time trying to kill sunderers with deployment shields and be as sure as you can that it doesn't have mine guard before you place your tank mines. Another thing you could do is upgrade utility pouch to get 3 C4, which will work on sundies with mine guard but not ones with blockade armor. I prefer tank mines though because they don't disappear when you die.
  17. Taemien

I dunno why everyone says you need teamwork for a shield sundy. I've found a stock lightning works fine. I'd imagine the AP lightning would work too.

MAX AV weapons work as well. And a Engie AV turret should if its not guarded.

Of course MBTs work, Libs work, and ESF with hornets. Rockets may work as long as the sundy doesn't fire back.
  18. Imp C Bravo

I would say harassers. Their mobility and DPS allows them to kill stuff fast and dodge fire well enough to remain on the field for long periods of time. Libs have the advantage of being able to find sundies faster and have better DPS -- but they themselves get shot at a lot and often don't have long periods of time on target. Tanks are likewise magnets for fire. Harassers are able to get in, kill a sundy, and get out the vast majority of the time with practice.
  19. Megalegs

Stealth Valkyrie
    Drop on sundy
    Tank mine, tank mine, tank mine, sticky.
    Run to other side of sundy, tank mine, tank mine, shoot mines if still alive (ie sundy not yet exploded)
    That'll do a deploy shield sundy
    Even a mine guard sundy's looking in bad shape after that

Helps if you've got half price air or mines.
  20. FieldMarshall

1. Get Wraith on your Flash
    2. Get Fury on your Flash
    3. Pull a Wraith Fury Flash.
    4. Get your Engineer and stick as much C4 as your utility belt allows (4+) onto the Flash
    5. Change to Infiltrator
    6. Drive your cloaked Flash into the enemy AMS
    7. Fire your Fury so that the splash damage detonates all the C4
    8. Hope the AMS doesent have shields
    9. ???
    10. Profit