Away several years. Libs still seem to own with impunity.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Kimble

They have not been nerfed yet..

Is it because they are 3 man crew?

Is it because they have a high skill cap?

Do powerful executives or developers favor them?

If I am in a vanguard with a walker I cannot kill a lib or even get it to smoke they kill me pretty darn quick. I am not able to kill one with a skyguard even.

They seem to own with impunity....after all these years.

This give credence to the old adage, some things never change.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

Holy crap WHAT YEAR IS IT GUYS????????

WHAT IS THE CHAOS WARP DOING TO THE SPACE TIME????????????????????????????????????????????

RADARX DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THAT "HEALING LIQUID" TO SPARE?
  3. FateJH

To be fair, you are in a platform that two of their favored weapons are intended to counter.
    I can only feel sorry for you for being the only friendly in a given area to feel responsible enough to do AA work.
    • Up x 4
  4. Moridin6

sometimes you just gotta lock-on from the spawn room til they go away. or get a pal to skyguard with you. they run like little btchs when 2 skyguards come out lol
    • Up x 1
  5. Meeka

Liberators and Galaxies need their mobility nerfed; they need to behave more like Bombers and Transport aircraft.

Neither of these aircraft should be able to turn upside down without dropping like rocks to the ground.

That would balance them out perfectly.
    • Up x 4
  6. Gundem

Guys, ignore the thread and it might go away. This argument has been reused and recycled too many times to count.
    • Up x 4
  7. _itg

Liberators aren't so much overpowered as they are really badly designed. When they're targeting you, they're virtually impossible to retaliate against, but focus fire AA makes it hard for them to participate in fights that actually matter. Their pure AA and pure AV loadouts are exactly the same, which means they have no one-to-one counter, which isn't exactly fair, either. Really, a Dalton/tank buster lib ought to be free certs for an A2A ESF, instead of the other way around, while a 2/3 Vector/Spur lib ought to be an even match for 2 ESFs, but it should be weak against ground targets.
    • Up x 2
  8. Imp C Bravo

We have had people making sense like this

and sense like this

but do you seriously expect people to ever be sensible?
  9. Ronin Oni

"not been nerfed yet"

Actually, the liberator has had more nerf iterations than any other piece of equipment in the game.

A SINGLE walker is not meant to counter it either. Neither is a single Skyguard per se (though it certainly can if you move and don't let them clip dump 2 hard counter weapons into you... You also generally have the element of surprise if you play it right)

2 Skyguards (2 v 2) will certainly take out a lib... and every subsequent lib provided a few seconds to repair so long as, again, they don't sit still. It's a lot easier to move and hit a lib with skyguard than it is for a lib to hit a moving skyguard. The dalton round is quite slow and dodgeable, and tank buster is on a rather limited control frame.

If you're solo yolo'ing in a MBT with a walker, then you're still Lib bait... in fact, unless there's several others around you doing the same (and in which case you can easily take it out with combined fire) all you did was single yourself out to be killed first.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jachim

They're great in low pop areas. When pop gets over 24/24 then they're going to go elsewhere, meaning you find them in the safest spots they can be or they die too fast.

Problem is when the game is lower pop, they become even better and better.
  11. JonboyX

Wait, wait wait...

Wait.

You equip a WALKER on your VANGUARD?

Best piece of advice I can give you is: " Don't ". You'd think it'd give you an all round ability, AI, AV and AA, but actually it just makes you mediocre against everything. A single Walker is not going to take down an ESF, let alone a gunship.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cyiko

Liberator is fine. If people would merrily get their G2A rocket launchers and fire them at the darn thing, rather than running head first into the slogfest of a battle up ahead with the mentality of "Someone else will do it..." things would be much easier
  13. ColonelChingles

Liberators can take less damage from a G2A lock-on launcher than an MBT can.

One of the many things wrong with Liberators. At least they should have weaker armour than a friggin tank!
    • Up x 1
  14. Cyiko

You are thinking in the terms of one person, but there are a lot of people around. More people = more rockets, More rockets = more damage, more damage = faster murdery the godsent deathbird. Just to also add, the most played class is heavy assault so there isn't too much of an excuse for not even attempting to try and take it down with hordes of G2A
  15. OldMaster80

Precisely. Imho the Liberator is not in a bad position but it's definitely too mobile for a bombardier. For instance it shouldn't have afterburners at all.

It's totally stupid that Liberators can have afterburners and valkyries cannot.
  16. OldMaster80

The reason why players don't fire liberators with g2a is rockets barely scratch those flying monsters while their cannons oneshot infantry. Being farmed by a vehicle you can barely deter sucks, so better take cover.
  17. Cyiko

Have you ever been hit by an organized squad who actually decide to shoot at you with G2A? Because it actually does hurt!

Oh and before I forget to add... You don't even need an organized squad either! Just a bunch of people thinking "KILL MURDER BIRD WITH ROCKETS!"
  18. TheChris

Serious ?
    Unlock 2nd Burster for your MAX and the Problem is solved.
    2 Flakmaxes can piss you off as Pilot. I fly Lib and ESF and know what im talking about.
  19. ColonelChingles

Of course it should take 12 people to down a 1/3 Liberator... that sounds perfectly balanced to me! :rolleyes:

1 Skyguard should be able to easily down a single Liberator... not much else a Skyguard is good at.
  20. Cyiko

Actually it takes 10 rockets

EDIT: ooh my mistake! It actually takes 7 to set it on fire... and 8 to blow it up. Just tested it again
    EDIT2: Yup! eight to blow it up from full health, tested with an NS annihilator