Why Isn't Boost Standard On Flash Already?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tycoh, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Tycoh

Equip a Wraith Flash with a fully decked out Fury and a passive turbo boost in place, it'll be "Bang Bang! Cloak, turbo away before anyone can get their bearings on you."

Almost no one would die while on a turbo boosted wraith flash. You'd be fast and invisible.
  2. Meeka

More fun to use it, but incredibly OP.

I can already speed oodles of time running people over on a Wraith Flash or shooting them with the Renegade without them able to kill me; it would be nearly impossible if I had Turbo at my disposal. Just way, way, way too OP.
  3. Problem Officer

Have Turbo and Wraith draw from the same energy pool.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

Whats preventing the devs from making cloak and turbo use the aame enercy pool or havibg a 10 sek delay between acivation them?
    • Up x 1
  5. Problem Officer

Not even that, I assume I'm pretty bad at Wraith because I haven't used it much and am not trying yet, but the cloak meter is ridiculously excessive and I find it really easy to manage without the costlier upgrade levels.
    I've never lost one, and almost the only Wraiths I've ever killed were with tank mines or when the idiots uncloak while stationary and start firing. Just facts of my experience, under 24h driving one and a hundred or so engaged.
    It's extremely common to see drivers in a comfort zone with the utility due to the capacity and recharge.

Unfortunately that's not how it goes. Every time I spot a Wraith I announce it in /region and sometimes even taunt allies that they're going to get owned.
    Guess what happens? What I call, every single time. Not exaggerating even a little, a 100% afaik success rate.
    Every single time though, either no one bothers (and gets a Fury up the crack) or I get 1 or 2 people looking around and dropping because they apparently don't have Audio on to listen for motors.
    I'm the one who gets the kill, if anyone.

Often when I spot 1 Wraith, there's 1-3 joining in. "wraith crash" is an unspoken thing.
    In larger fights it's usually the same 1-2 people respawning their Wraith.
    The bigger packs tend to appear in long range vehicle battles that include infantry.
    Esamir is where I've seen that most.

P.S. Once I sniped one with dual Vortex ~3s after they cloaked at ~300m because he kept going in a straight line, and immediately got called out for hacking. Best session.
  6. BetaGamma

Just make it not useable when cloaked, like firing your weapon.