Why.... Why is that even an option?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Centurious, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Centurious

Mines in front of a vpad that you can't avoid? Can't even get out of the vehicle as it slowly works its way towards the mines.

Kinda like how regardless of what set up or maxed cert vehicle you have, its no match compared to a harasser flying around you faster then you can move your mouse.

Was one of the first to buy PS1 in an EB store over a decade ago and I love this game, but it always seems like there are to many moments when I say to myself, why...... why in the hell is that even an option.

Anyone else have those moments?
  2. asmodraxus

Moral of this story, touching as it is.

Check the VPad for mines before you "buy" your vehicle or make sure it has Mineguard installed as standard.
    • Up x 9
  3. Littleman

This. Usually, a Vpad only had mines (or at the term) in back water, non-active locales. Always check before buying from a quiet terminal. Also, really, have a drive route that isn't a predicable path and shorten the time for purchasing a vehicle as much as possible with exposed terminals. If you want to fiddle with the load out, hit escape and fiddle with it from within the safety of a spawn room. The likelihood of some *** waiting for a cheap head shot is slim, but it can still happen, and DGC decided to give snipers all the tools to make it impossible for a player to spot them without getting right up in their face.
  4. asmodraxus

I've been known to put mines in front of friendly vpads behind the front lines to stop infils getting sundies up at critical bases
    • Up x 4
  5. Centurious

Say you open a store and there are a few little things that bother your customers. These simple things prevent them from coming back as there are many other stores close by to choose from who don't have this problem.

Imagine seven Fridays next too one another. With so many options your customer base can be very picky. Free to play FPS. Tons on the market. In my opinion non like PS but few know it like we do. The "brand loyalty" is not there for them. I come back with a hope the simple things have changed.

My complaint is not that one gun is more "over powered" then another, or that someone who is better then me in one vehicle is "hacking". It is simply that it shouldn't even be an option.

Another why... is this an option is on hossin. Ground plants. Some you can drive over others you cant. Why, its just annoying. If you don't want someone there or to go that way put up large rocks like the rest of the game.

Case in point. I have done the same. Easy kills. Parked a sundy close to the back of their base and kept putting mines in front of the v pad. Close to the entire alert I made it near impossible for anyone to pull a vehicle. They either raged and said some nasty things to me, or they just moved on in frustration (more of day breaks customers who would rather just not play due to this feeling) . One person should not be able to do it.

I'm not mad, I just think its like getting bread stick with no plates. Or salt shakers with no salt in them. Why.....
  6. Centurious

Ive been that guy also. Hossin camping in the tree sniping from a very long distance away. Hour later kd 5 plus. But really, that shouldn't happen. No one person should be able to determine the out come of a cap when there are 90 plus people beating there head against the shield. No lie, becasue of me they couldn't pull something like 70 vehicles. I mean I have zero ethics so I'll camp but the hate IM's I get. I can just imagine the amount of people who rage quit just because I'm that guy. It sucks.

Its a game, it should be fun in every aspect. Never frustrating. The simple fact that there are people out there who get really mad on coms by default will quit the game or keep playing and make other people hate being art of a team.
  7. Centurious

Play on my TR toon, go max, anchor to help with the AA, unanchor...... can't move but still keep bonus speed, can turn 360, ammo pack constant AA in all directions. Still farming been 20 minutes. Bunch of rage messages.... Why.
  8. FateJH

Why what?
  9. Archiadus

It takes what? 5 seconds? to clear mines in-front of a vehicle pad at almost every base in the game.

If as you say you were indeed able to prevent them from spawning anything for the entire alert then that's a user problem, not a game problem.
    • Up x 1
  10. customer548

If anyone quits a game because of frustration, this game is not made for him.
    Exploding on AI-AV mines or being sniped on terminals means that you've been outplayed by an opponent.
    He just used your lack of awareness and your lazyness.
    Blame yourself or your teammates, don't blame DBG or the guy who sent you back to your spawn room in the quickest way.
    • Up x 3
  11. Shiaari

I like you.
    • Up x 1
  12. Campagne

I agree. There are plenty of very unfair things one can do with mines, such as placing them behind an enemy-occupied phalanx turret, leaving them with no means of a safe exit.

I think things like that should act like mines on launch-pad landing-pads, whereas the mine instantly detonates if thrown onto it.
  13. Centurious

After a time the only customer left is the person who justifies almost anything. That person is normally the poison apple in the bunch. Like that old guy at tat one bar who the main reason other people stop showing up.

A company's goal is to make money. No feeling and if the customer is not happy they just move on. In two years entire platoons have left the game. They have had to combine severs just to help justify the large maps and prevent people from playing hoop scotch during an alert.

Why did people leave? This game is unlike most others even though it shares a common tag as a MMOFPS.

Reason, simple things. Things like falling off the map, or dropping from a gal then die once you hit the ground. Simple common things that have plagued this game since day two.

Saying its not their problem is completely false. Its their job to fix and update. If not, they will do like most who buy up other companies. Run it until it cost more to maintain and kill it off. If you like the game you better hope they see its their problem.
  14. TheFlamingLemon

There are a lot of bases, like walled ones on esamir and Indar Comm. at which you can't really check the vehicle pad because it's so very far away. I think the easy solution is to have each base make something like this past each vehicle terminal
    [IMG]
    Only make the bars round and the spaces between the bars a little larger, just enough so that it's impossible to place a tank mine on it without the mine falling down into the little pit. 1915 technology can save our tanks.
    • Up x 3
  15. Centurious

Perfect. It took how long until you could no longer place them on landing pads. Forum filled with people saying its a simple fix, and sadly countered by tons of people saying "just open your eyes" or " its not the games fault you are forced into a wall of c4"
    • Up x 1
  16. Shiaari

I love doing that with my Infi. Place a mine just behind the occupied turret, and then walk around the edge and hack it. No matter what the player does, he's dead. LOL!
    • Up x 1
  17. FateJH

I think a more serviceable question that this thread can answer is "What should you be allowed to do with mines?" Apparently, there are endless numbers of things people think that shouldn't be done with them, so this sort of list would be easier to establish.
    • Up x 3
  18. Archiadus

Falling off the map or dying after you jump out of a galaxy is what's called a bug, something that a player can't prevent from happening.

Spawning a vehicle and running over tank mines is not a bug, this is something that a player can prevent by taking a few seconds to check if it's safe.

By your reasoning every death in the game can be blamed on the developers, get sniped while standing still to spawn a vehicle? Damn those devs for not making an invisible bullet stopping force field around terminals! Fall off a biolab jumpad and die? Damn those devs for not removing fall damage! Mess up a grenade throw and get killed because it rolled back to your feet? Damn those devs for not removing friendly fire yet!.

In response to your first sentence: The true poisoned apple is the user that blames everything on the game, they would like to see the game being altered to their needs instead of improving themselves. :)
  19. Centurious

I would say ethically I have no center. I love pissing people off doing things like that. The fact I can place all five mines on top of one another and kill almost anything is great.

Remember when you could place land mines on top of sundys that weren't moving and they would still kill it. By passing the min shield it had on the bottom.

People would get on the forums and complain and the people like me, who did that, would log on and say "well, it takes 5 seconds to check the top of your sundy for mines, goshhhh"

Really, that's a dumb counter argument. If there is a 75 step process to pulling a tank just to make sure my doors unlock and let me out before I hit a wall of mines then there is SIMPLY something wrong.
  20. Campagne

Exactly! Unfair, no-skill, instant kill, max cheese mode way to kill some poor guy. :(

The enemy player is dead no matter what, unless an ally comes by and saves him. (Which is of course unlikely to happen in such a short time frame, in an area where an enemy can just walk up behind a turret safely.)