Kill friendly loose 10 certs.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Oct 16, 2015.

1. VonStalin

Kill friendly and loose 10 certs if you have any. This would add some caution for the grenade spam, driving, trolling, etc..
    Might not seem like much, but some players would run dry because of it.
  2. CNR4806

Yes, because we need to be punished for idiots who run in front of allied firepower, and those who cross the road without paying attention to traffic.
    • Up x 6
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

all NC will run out of certs
    • Up x 5
  4. ColonelChingles

This would really only work if you could establish fault.

For instance, if I have an AI MANA turret set up and I'm shooting out the door, then it's not my fault if someone walks into my line of fire. In that case, if they die, they should lose 10 certs.

Or if infantry get run over by a vehicle anywhere near a road. It's up to infantry to watch out for vehicles, not the other way around. Those individuals should be deducted 10 certs each time they get run over.

If you implemented that, then sure you should deduct 10 certs from people who did things that they were not supposed to do which resulted in TKs. Like driving Sunderers up a set of stairs or randomly chucking grenades into masses of friendlies.

Per capita the NC actually TK the least. ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. Taemien

Fixed for ya. Like Col. Chingles said, NC do the least per person... VS does it the most by a decent margin.
    • Up x 1
  6. Lemposs

Only if people pass a test of situational awareness, a course in that vehicles are god and you are nothing and any deaths to a vehicle is your own damn fault, and lastly a course in staying in the spawn room if you can't handle dying in a game with friendly fire...

Also take away a thousand certs from ******** inspired ideas on forumside :rolleyes:
  7. Obscura

I can neither confirm nor deny this lol, while I kill a decent of those allies who like to jump right in front of my lasers, I also see NC kill each other at a hilarious rate. yesterday I had an NC infiltrator chasing me on my infil, and another NC infiltrator was chasing me as well, we all 3 uncloaked and 1 of the NC infils knifed and killed the NC that was chasing me thinking it was me, then I killed the NC infil remaining lol. I've seen things like that happen quite a few times fighting NC
  8. CorporationUSA

No, I don't want griefers hurting my certs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Mellow Martian

People will be to afraid to shoot or throw around explosives.
  10. ColonelChingles

According to PS2Alerts...

TKs by Faction
    NC- 3,476,093
    VS- 3,403,865
    TR- 3,392,223

Which yes, the NC are at the top of the pack. But that's because...

Unique Logons by Faction (Oct. 1, 2015)
    NC- 15,385
    TR- 14,966
    VS- 14,694

The NC have the most population across all servers.

So divide the two to try and figure out roughly how many TKs are happening per player:

TKs per Capita (roughly) by Faction
    VS- 231
    TR- 227
    NC- 226

That's not to say that each VS player does 231 TKs per day... but if you look at it proportionally to populations, the VS TK the most, followed by the TR, and the NC actually TK the least.

Funny how that same reasoning doesn't apply to MBTs and Liberators. ;)
  11. Alchemist44

In Battlefield 2 the idea was to put the ability of determining fault in the hands of the player. If player A was rcrossing a road and got run over by player B's buggy, a small prompt appeared on player A's screen: "You've been teamkilled. Punish? pg up for yes, pg down for no."
    If you think you were tk'd intentionally you'd press page up. Punishing for a tk meant a heavy score penalty for the perpetrator (which is a bigger deal in a game where leveling up actually means something, unlike PS2). Most servers were set up, so that if someone collects 3 punished tk's, he/she will be kicked from the server (or banned if an admin online thought it was deserved).
    This system was far from perfect, as it assumed players are generally reasonable (which they are not and the system could be easily abused, as getting in the line of fire of others intentionally then punish them for tk, or getting in front of a jet thats taking off and punishing the pilot etc), but it was something.
    Just wrote this down for perspective.
  12. Nasher

I think they just need to change it to be: If you kill X number of people within X seconds then you get weapons lock for a while. But TKing a lot reduces the amount of people you need to kill for it to happen.

Really though, TKing isnt such a huge issue. With so many people around it's to be expected.
    • Up x 1
  13. CNR4806

My faint muscle memory is telling me that it was Page Up to forgive and Page Down to punish.

But other than that irrelevant detail I agree. It's far from perfect but from time to time it worked when people are actually thinking instead of rage-pressing punish.
  14. Shiaari

This would effectively turn the Magmower into a coin-op tank: Insert 10 certs for five minutes of driving.
    • Up x 3
  15. Daigons

So you're asking the Devs to hand trolls a very powerful weapon. It'll never happen. Just picture a of squad of 7 trolls finding 5 allied mines from a single player. They all huddle on the first mine and shoot it. Boom that's a 70 cert penalty. They respawn and run back to the next mine. Boom and now that same player is suddenly down 140 certs. Rinse and repeat for each mine and suddenly that player is suddenly out of 350 certs.
  16. Alchemist44

Does shooting a friendly mine next to you count as tk? Not a suicide?
  17. Archiadus

Unless something's changed recently I'm pretty sure that whoever shoots the mine gets the kill, the placer might get a chained explosive assist but that doesn't count as a kill for them.

That said, I think that losing 10 certs for a team-kill would not work, mostly for the reasons stated above which basically boil down to ''trolling players will find ways to get killed by you''.
  18. DeadlyOmen

FF Penalties are long overdue.

My idea:

FF Perpetrator: Black dorito
    FF Victim: Pink Dorito
  19. Moridin6

not to mention ill avoid friendlies by 5 m and STILL squish them but enemy ill pass right over . .
    • Up x 2
  20. MaKiro2

Thats a good idea, but I would change it into that u lose cert only if u killed more than 2 people in a specific time.
    Also you could get a death for every Tk or you lose a Kill in your statistic.
    Just there has to be done something!