Destroying friendly sunders

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Oct 16, 2015.

1. VonStalin

There has to be a punishment for that..
    You destroy friendly sunder, which has been deployed, you get weapon lock for 5 minutes.
    It doesn't matter it was an accident or you did it on purpose.
    It has to be stopped.
    • Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

Exception for sunderers placed at the bottom of biolabs.
    • Up x 3
  3. Lemposs

Can we also get a weapon lock and seven day ban, for people that place sunderers in objectively bad places and block other sunderers from being in objectively good places?
    • Up x 4
  4. Cyropaedia

It is impossible to destroy a friendly Deployment Shield Sunderer solo even with 3 tank mines, grenade, and Archer shots. You need to chain explosive it now. It must have been a recent fix because people used to blow them up all of the time.

If you don't have Deployment Shield or Cloak, it's almost pointless to set a permanent Spawn Sunderer. Cloaked Sunderers should receive immunity from friendly fire though.

It's a personal pet peeve to see an unarmored/unshielded Spawn Sunderer in the driveway of a highly contested Tech Plant. (When shield generators go down, bye bye Sunderer and Tech Plant). I can't count how many times a well-placed Spawn Sunderer (on A point or between vehicle bay walls) and competent defenders have effectively repelled a 96+ Zerg Fest.
  5. VonStalin

I often deploy ammo sunders... And someone destroys it and replaces it with his deplayment shield sundy.
    Happened 3 times yesterday.
    And I am not new, I know good places to deploy sunders..
    • Up x 1
  6. Eternaloptimist

Sadly, there appears to be little response to this kind of behaviour, or to deliberate teamkilling either. I mean of the sort where someone goes an shoots down four or five people in a row, not just the occasional one that could be accident or stupidity (by either party). I always report but I think the DBG approach is that if they don't know the circumstances then they can't decide on guilt...........that's OK for the occasional one-kill TK but killing a string of people, or placing several explosives under a friendly vehicle? How can you write that off as possibly accidental?
  7. _itg

You can still destroy deploy shield sunderers by blowing up 3 tank mines to take out the shield, then quickly blowing up 2 more while the shield is down. With the second to last rank of the utility pouch, a lone engi can do this. It did get harder/less reliable since DBG introduced some weird tank mine bug, where they don't always do the right amount of damage, and they often fail to detonate each other.
  8. Meeka

I usually guard my Sunderers in a fight, so if my Sundy is blown up by a friendly and immediately replaced with one that was behind it.... that one, and any other Sundy with that Outfit tag gets the boot too.
  9. DeadlyPeanutt

also same weapon lock and ban for idiots who run over 15 infantry standing still beside a building in a covered position with their tank or sundie?
    • Up x 1
  10. Pelojian

this is why i babysit my sundies to guard it against dumb ***** if they are damaging my sunderer repeatably with rockets i'll just gun them down and laugh off the ones with c4 or tank mines.

far too often some dumb **** will park his sundie right smack in the middle of the techplant vehicle area next to the bays so no vehicles will be able to pass them. this is why i park mine on one side or in the path of infantry going to the grav lifts. i mean after all infantry can and do pass my sundie without issue it takes them one more second or two to get past but a tank can't fit past a stupidly parked sundie in the vehicle area.
  11. Nano(zip/zap)

Had this stupidity happen to me today and seen it on the rise over the last few weeks. Jerks can't ask for it to be moved no just blow it up, often losing a base cause 3 spawn go down in under 2 minutes. Bad enough I'm not a sub so my nanites can take a long time to build so losing a vehicle just cause someone doesn't like where it's placed is really annoying. Now I can't pull another vehicle, or C4, or grenades cause G.I. Joe didn't like where I parked.

It should be an auto kick for 24 hours and lose like 10 certs.

I mean it would be one thing if the sunderer was driving and got hit with a stray but when it's deployed there is no call for it. If you think it's okay then quit it's jerks like you that make people zerg 1 faction and not help out.
  12. CNR4806

Bull****. It only takes 4 minutes to recover the nanite cost of a Sunderer.
  13. Nano(zip/zap)

4 min in a hex where the timer is counting down can be forever. What I said was because it's slow going having a teammate kill my truck then having to wait that 4+ min is really annoying. When there was no reason to lose my sunderer having to wait 4 min to get it back is a piss off moment. Is that more understandable?
  14. Liewec123

if you put your sundy under a biolab, i'll gladly sacrifice a few hundred of my resources to save my team the time of accidentally respawning at it...

however, if someone is destroying a sundy so they can deploy their own, then that should be punishable.
  15. Scr1nRusher

If only you could just C4 the bio-lab.........
  16. YoungPedro

Personally I would already be happy to know who did it, a kill indicator for your own vehicle of some sort. I can life with a friendly sundererkill if it had some purpose i might have overlooked but i at least want a possibility to report the person and let the mods figure out if its a single incident or some ***hat that does it for his own personal benefits.
  17. Shiaari

It is for this reason I like my stealth sundy. I put it in unorthodox positions where one wouldn't immediately look, positions that (if it weren't for the cloak) would be utterly stupid.

Like:

• At the top of a hill. The very top.
    • In the middle of nowhere.
    • As far away from bridges as possible.
    • About 50 meters BEHIND a vehicle pad.