Revamp tech plants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Oct 15, 2015.

1. VonStalin

Tech plants are boringly difficult to defend.
    I suggest open the side of the main building facing towards spawn room. Those two small entrances are death trap, make one big, the same as on the other side of tech plant main building. Using underground tunnels is suicide as well. Running around boring, even with light assault.
    Just a small change, two small entrances into one but big.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Um, wouldn't that encourage spawn room heroes rather than encouraging people to get out and get to the cap points? Or give a clear field of fire against defenders trying to re-cap? One thing though....I see much fewer LA on rooftops in tech plants than in other large base fights - Tech plants seem more inclined toward two dimensional battle then other bases. Or is that just me? Or perhaps nothing to do with design?
  3. VonStalin

Spawn room heroes have a banana building in between, so no.
    LAs because the only class having so much advantage in Tech plants.
  4. Onhil

5. FateJH

If we're talking about the Tech Plants being difficult to defend, why are we considering making entrances wider? It might just be me, but I missed the leap of logic that got us from "difficult to defend" to "make it easier to get inside."
    I don't see why. There's no clear field of view between the "front" of the spawn room and the "back" of the Tech Plant main building. Even before that, the capture point is inside that same main building.