We all know why TR and VS won't fight each other!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Benton582

Look at my comment above.
  2. Benton582

I love how you give me something I can agree with, HAHAHAHAHAHA TKing NC...., *coughs*. Anyhow, did I mention why VS is "OP" already? That should be your answer to you "curiosity".
  3. Khallixtus

Alright. This thread is stupid. Everyone gets ganged up at times. And it is human nature to better remember the bad times than the normal ones. You won't remember the times when you were in a proper 3 way fight nearly as well or as much as you will the ones where you were ganged on. I have played all three factions, I feel a little bit less ganged up on with VS, but that's because the TR love fighting NC. I feel ganged up often on all 3 factions.

NC weapons are not inferior. The Gauss SAW is a great weapon. It's mid range power is devastating once you learn how to properly control recoil. And it has 100 bullets with 500 rpm. This thing can shoot as long as the Butcher. The Anchor is an amazing LMG too. I play almost exclusively Heavy (some medic thrown in there) so I don't know much about other guns, but from what I've seen, they're also strong. The NC also get great shotguns, especially the Jackhammer, which I would almost instantly swap with my MCG if I could.

Now shut up and play the game instead of this pointless whinging. If you can't fight against the enemy, stop blaming your guns, and get good.
  4. Archiadus

Personal experience is something that differs per player and because of this it generally can't be used as proof.
    Player A might be good at sniping while player C is terrible at it, for player A sniping is easy and feels balanced while player C feels it's difficult and unbalanced.

If the NC really do face extreme difficulty with their weapons which you say are hard to use then the statistics would back this up by showing us that the NC arsenal performs worse than the TR / VS alternatives*.

*Now before you or anyone else goes out to find that one ( or few) weapon(s) that do actually perform worse, please do remember that each faction has certain weapons that perform inferior to other faction alternatives.
  5. Flag

There's still nothing extreme about it. The differences overall are slight, with the main issue for NC is that the default LMG is a long range one, and not short range. Doesn't make the NC -default- weapon (because this is only really true for the LMG) bad, just unsuitable for CQC, which is the desirable engagement range on the VS default LMG (Orion).

However, for things like the GD-22S, it's more cumbersome than the Orion. If anything, in this comparison the Orion is the unwieldy one (more random side-to-side sway - per bullet).

So no, NC weapons aren't anywhere near "extreme difficulty" - in general NC weapons have the least horizontal malarkey attached to them, making the argument almost the opposite of the one you're pushing out there. What NC weapons tend to have is harder vertical recoil, but that is by far the easiest "detriment to accuracy" out there to compensate for.
  6. Stormsinger

I say that the NC is generally a good faction, has great gear, and give over a page of well-constructed thought, and you respond with this? That's ... interesting.

Also, in case you want me to justify the statement beyond a bit of humor, here ya go.

From http://ps2alerts.com/ Overview section. The NC do, in fact, TK the most, but no, it's not quite as exaggerated as people make it out to be.

[IMG]
  7. Benton582

I've played with this faction to love it, I don't hate it, I just bluntly give reasons. NC is super fun to play, and makes me giggle, but it's just those times when I get frustrated when no good fights are on NC and force me back to TR, I still deeply hate Vanu, them and their elite soldiers, but in the end, always the ones who were given the greatest and most unique weapons to distinguish themselves, and TR and NC get the short end of the stick, but shortest is NC. Vanu gets all the unique mechanics and creativity, while TR and NC get the dev's middle finger all the time using the excuse of "SHOTGUNS!" and "BIG CLIP! LOW RECOIL!", but never even gave a single s**t about the deeper meaning, NC as in rebel, and TR as in tyranny, they never focus the weapons for that purpose.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

This is just nc terrorist propaganda
  9. Benton582

Arch, did you EVER play the NC Gauss Saw? It's not a skill issue, it's the difficulty to USE the damn thing. And starting out and using it had a opposite effect, it DROVE players away from it. And for the last goddamn time, ASK THE DAMN COMMUNITY, LOOK AT THE STATS, AND RECOIL. Then come back and actually look at it and come back.
  10. Taemien

Funny thing about that. The NC also have the most players worldwide. When you divide the number of players into the number of TK's.. you find that the VS Teamkills something like 12-16 (forget the actual number) more people per person than the NC.

VS is actually the faction notorious for Teamkilling.
  11. LordAnnihilator

Then why do the NC often suffer population issues on Miller?
    I presume it's due to timing and other factors, but I often see more TR per continent than the others, even when we are getting our ***** kicked (last nights Indar alert, for instance.)