Why do you hack?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Marder

proof of this kind ? :)

You killed [xxxxxxx].
    [YELL] [xxxxxxx]: well, I'm out. Thanks for ruining my game with your toggle hacks. Claim to be "legit" all you want, ***ko's

Why u bring Putin here? He did smth bad to u?
  2. JojoTheSlayer

Yes, there were several links to videos and explanations why. A thread where several "hacking is not okay, IF you get caught" type people came to the persons defense with insults and simplistic rhetoric before it was deleted by mods. Bringing them up again here is outside the scoop of this thread since it involved a individual.

Perfect example of what I am talking about. Everyone would understand what I meant, regardless of side, but still one get people acting stupid ala "Nah, no Russian troops in Ukraine" etc. The same kind of BS defense you hear from hackers and their supports. Denying the obvious regardless of proof. Which was the point of the analogy.
    • Up x 3
  3. Marder

is it hack or legit game play ?:)

Again where no facts about our troops in ua, no video, no photo no f anything.
    Only idiotics posts from facebook warriors about 100500 destroyed tanks, planes, evil ruskys eating little children etc.
    Dont use civil war for any analogy.

Name russian outfits with 100% evidences of cheating or move along/
  4. JojoTheSlayer

I will humor you this once, because I am tired of going on a merry go round replying to blind or dishonest hacker defenders.

Two things first.
    1, that footage is too short to say anything for sure.
    2, getting loads of kills is not a synonym with hacking just because its usually the end result for anyone hacking.
    But on the surface of things that footage seems okay and is perfectly doable and hes motion seems "fluid", but as I said. One can not tell for sure based on a very short clip. No, I am not interesting in wasting more time on some "baited" content that might even be from the person mentioned in others threads, but it just happens to be a clip where he doesnt have hes cheats on etc...

But I can give you an example of what I would call a very very good fpser using cheats because hes not in the PS2 community.
    Here its very hard to tell and one only really notice it after watching a reasonable amount of footage. This guy has even won prize money at times, but a thing you noticed in hes "casual videos" vs tournament videos is that hes skill seems to drop off a bit in "tournaments", at least the footage I have seen. Anyway, this clip starts at 07:55 and if you watch closely you can tell the view (aim) seemingly "locks" onto the wall at 07:59, he shakes the "lock loose", but instantly reacts to the "information" that hes aimbot/"slight aim assist" told him someone is behind the wall. The same thing happens again, but very hard to notice BETWEEN time 08:08 and 08:09. Something is tracked from ca center room going right and what do you know... There was someone there too.

Watch

Why would a guy this skilled use a aimbot? Maybe because hes known for being "good" and always wants to keep up appearances... who knows. But in this context being good doesnt automatically make someone a cheater, but being good doesnt automatically exclude someone ether!

I am pretty versed in that subject, but the way you are arguing here and any laymens understanding of that conflict pretty much proves my argument. Adding further commentary just to get some trollish "rebuke" is a waste of my time.

Another example of not really paying attention or not being interested in the truth at all.
    I already mentioned RO and I already mentioned I would not put up a PS2 individual related link in this thread. Am I going to put up some "text list" of suspicion just because some random guy on the Internet "demands" it? Hahahaha, no and you consider this my final reply under this line of questioning in this thread. If you have a problem with that, too bad, buddy.
    • Up x 2
  5. Turiel =RL=

That video doesn't prove hacking for a couple of reasons:
    - the enemy mostly shoots at the other TR (whom they managed to kill)
    - one guy who actually tries to shoot back doesn't have "battle hardened", that's why his aiming gets affected and he misses a ton
    - the guy with the pistol misses every shot
    - the medic doesn't fight at all
    - the last guy who just got rezzed had no clue that he got attacked from behind

This video is just an example for pure luck. The hero ran into a bunch of people, who basically all screwed up at the same time. He can't even claim a ton of skill on his part, it were mostly his opponents who simply made him look good. Also let's not forget that most of them had probably wasted a ton of ammo on the other TR already and got caught between reloading.
  6. CrtmN

• Up x 1
  7. ForbiddenError

Another day, another hacker found in RO. In the beggining of next year RO will celebrate it's 10th anniversary in PS1/PS2, and all this time you've found hackers in this outfit. Maybe this is the time to stop hackers investigations, calm down, review this Wrel video and start train you aiming, movement etc.
    • Up x 1
  8. CrtmN

While you whine on the forum, RO trains of the PTS.
    Average Ping Russian 50-100 ms, is not much.
    • Up x 1
  9. Goretzu

No amount of training/practice can allow you to have scout radar and flares on an ESF, only one thing explains being able to see cloaked people inside buildings from an ESF with flares equipped.
    • Up x 1
  10. Marder

[IMG]
  11. Goretzu

The truth hurts, I guess. :p
  12. Marder

The butt burns, I guess :cool:
  13. QuarkDoe

You know, there is such thing as 'prediction' - a probability estimation based on statistical methods (Wiktionary)
    If you behave as a dumb monkey, you are very predictable.
    Try to use your brain next time.
  14. Goretzu

So when in an empty hex you wait for your unspecified test-subject to "magically" find you (after a suprisingly short wait), and then you fire an AA lock-on launcher (to test if they have flares equipped) and spot them. Then go to the terminal in said building switch to inf and cloak. Then crouch-walk whilst stealthed and watch someone in said ESF flawlessly predict your movement as you neared one of the doors 100% of the time (even when you repeat this test over weeks a dozen times or more) and indeed instantly change the ESFs position when you change direction and head for another door instead (dispite being both cloaked and fully out of sight by the building) is "behaving like a dumb monkey"?

If for a bit of fun you ran whilst stealthed you could get the unspecified test-subject pinging about the building to cover each door you looked like you're heading for like a pinball. :D

It is pretty good testing to me, taking out all possiblities bar one IMO. Ironically the unspecified test-subject did behave exactly as the hypothesis behind the experiment predicted they would.

Although I'm totally open for any of your suggestions on how to improve the methodology.

It is actually quite difficult to be killed by someone when you know their secret I've discovered.

As it tends gives you something of a back-handed advantage over them as you don't behave as they'd expect you to do once you know they are about, and that is fairly easy to use against them and makes their unexplained abilities much less useful! :)
  15. QuarkDoe

[IMG]
  16. Goretzu

Again it looks like I've hit a nerve. :p
    • Up x 1
  17. QuarkDoe

You can continue to convince yourself.
  18. Goretzu

I'm always open to suggestions, although I reserve the right not to take them. :)

So if you have any on improved methodology, fire away.
  19. allattar

Goretzu isnt the only one to test this against "That" tr RO player. Same results as you Goretsu. Looks like the russian hackers are now coming out to play.
    • Up x 2
  20. BorgUK1of9

I have been playing Planetside since PS1 Beta and PS2 Beta, after 13 years you get wise to what is or isn't legit play.

The most used hacks on PS2 right now seem to be...

1. Wall/radar hack - its getting too often when creeping round a door, in stealth with anti detection implant someone starts shooting at the door just as you are about to enter.
    2. Headshot Aimbot - the number of HS kills from certain characters is beyond skill, even they try and keep it so they dont look like there hacking.
    3. Anti-cloak - sitting stationary outside in cloak on a hill and a vehicle 100m changes course to try and run you over.

All these hacks we saw in PS1 as well.

The nation of people using them most from own personal opinion regardless of empire are Russian and a lot of them aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Maybe DBG cant do anything about it, maybe they don't have the staff, I don't know but I do know that when SOE stopped GM'ing PS1 the core of dedicated PS1 players that kept Emerald server going gave up and left.

Right now my sub is up in Jan/Feb, I wont be paying for another year and its a shame.

Personally they should get themselves teamed up with Steam for VAC banning, having a F2P game where all you need is an email address to play is just asking for trouble, stupid really to think that PS2 wasn't going to go the way of PS1 without more dire consequences for cheaters.
    • Up x 3