Why do you hack?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Taemien

I'd wager its cheaper than hiring 3 GMs (one per 8 hour shift) at a total of $187,200/year. Assuming minimum wage of course.
  2. Haquim

Where the heck do you live?
    At 7.5€/h minimum wage over here I get 65.700€ or 74.634,2$ for 3 GMs for a complete year.
    Assuming they work 8h a day, have no weekend or holidays or any other reason to not work for a day.

... Or did you actually calculate the other expenses the employer has to cover in addition to the wage?
  3. Goretzu

Yeah, I think the major problem is it is cheapest to have no GMs and no anti-cheat. :(
  4. Taemien

x3 GMs. For 24 hour coverage. Three Shifts of 8 hours.

Mistake I made was 40 hours a week which assumes two days off.. so add 1/3 to that cost to get a 4th.
  5. Vertigo103

just looks more like he has good muscle memory with the mouse...

Nothing to fancy I have had encounter's like that plenty of times...
  6. BorgUK1of9

Another flying TR max pounder tonight once again on an alert, if they are going to stop the blatant hackers never mind the the constant HS kings whats the point.
    • Up x 3
  7. 000AmidimA000

I had to report 4 people today on Emerald. This is getting rediculous.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428047126279767633/stats

KD of 11. 1000 s/m? This is a BR 100... he's been doing this kind of stuff since 2013. Enough is enough. You can try to tell me has those stats because he's good, but I'll just go ahead and tell you he was landing headshots at close range without even having to look at me. Nope, clearly aimbotting. DBG needs to get a tighter grip on things.
    • Up x 2
  8. Demigan

From what I gather, if the first prize went to the first cyclist who hadn't abused substances on Armstrongs most iconic wins, it would go to someone who ended somewhere at 30th place or higher. Everyone else in the top 30 had abused substances... So Armstrong was right, just about everyone was doing it. Does that make it right? No, everyone of those cyclists should simply be punished, their victories with substance abuse all purged from the records and their names on a black list of shame.
    • Up x 3
  9. Turiel =RL=

Where is "over here"? Such jobs get outsourced to India where workers cost virtually nothing.

[IMG]
  10. Haquim

"over here" is germany in my case.
    I calculated 3 GM jobs of course, if its a coverage of 3 GMs online at all times, your number seems sound.
  11. Goretzu

Yeah it's ridculous that pre-2008 you've got to go back to, I think, 1979 to find a winner they are pretty certain was totally clean (or at least never tested postive for anything).

Maybe that's why they aren't cleaning up Miller, there could be no one left! :D
  12. Turiel =RL=

Miller has a problem mostly with ex-players from the russian server Werner. 9 out of 10 incidents happen with such players from Russia. It is either an extremely poor connection to Russia that gives them a huge edge, or there is simply a much higher percentage of hackers/cheaters/exploiters in Russia than everywhere else in Europe (which might very well be the case).
    • Up x 2
  13. Marder

try this bro http://coub.com/view/7re3t
  14. DeadlyPeanutt

I'm sure those reason are trivial to hackers... most hackers are pathetic scuts with social anxiety that are trying to get attention, good or bad. Pissing people off is attention, after all. Some of them are mad at the world for making them as pathetic as they are, i suppose.
    • Up x 1
  15. Turekson

As a rule of thumb, you can multiply the paid salary by about x1.5-1.7 to get to a number that is around the actual cost (of an employee) for the employer. This is just an extremely rough estimate and for anything more accurate you would need more data, but it works nicely for low end jobs at least in the EU region (maybe in the US and Canada as well?).

Of course they could be also leasing the GMs from an outside firm (as someone proposed here), then the actual cost would be even less.
  16. Turiel =RL=

17. DeltaValkyrie

Trivial?

Why else would you hack unless you want to appear good at the game (K/D?) or want certs?
    If they wanted to troll you don't need no hack for that therefore its obviously one of those 2 reasons...
    • Up x 1
  18. Turiel =RL=

Hacking = Power!

They want power over people, something they don't get in real life.
    • Up x 2
  19. Marder

I recommend u to **** about russians and our "bad" connection/hacking.
  20. JojoTheSlayer

You are pretty naive if you think RO doesnt have hackers after what have surfaced. I didnt think much of it until I saw it myself.
    Also, its a pretty known fact that allot of hacking in games comes from Russia. Not saying every Russian hacks, but then again.
    Not all Russians support Putin ether, but allot of them do!
    • Up x 2