How to counter VS alert domination?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CompletelyDeadCoyote, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Flag

Or just play to win them alerts the normal way?
  2. AssaultPig

I had not played in many moons, but for whatever reason decided to patch up and see if there was any new stuff

logged in, shot at guys a bit; realized that on a regular prime-time evening VS outnumbered NC/TR 2:1 basically everywhere there was a fight going

/logout
  3. pnkdth

But of course you did. I bet Magriders where doing flips and s***, VS HAs were ADADADA so fast they caused a singularity, and VS slaughtered everyone with "insta-headshots" too. Seriously thought, if that story is true, how the f*** does both NC/TR manage to fail so hard.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

Given the amount if PT and just off PT alerts Miller VS win that would seem a rather failing stratergy.

On the other hand a couple of nights ago DIG disapeared and Miller VS ended up with 10% in a PT alert. :D
  5. Flag

I only get close to caring about who wins an alert if it takes place during prime time, where the conditions are there to make the outcome depend on the actions and choices of the 3 empires (preferably in a 33/33/33 situation) - If, given the parameters of an even continent pop wise, if the VS then 2:1s in every fight for the entire duration of the alert that's not the fault of the VS, but rather the TR and NC failing their own force distribution. Same is (naturally) also true if TR overpops everywhere, or NC - the core principle remains the same.
  6. Goretzu

The reality is though the most reliable (if not necessarily the most effective) way of winning PT alerts would be to copy DIG 100%.

I dunno that would be a particular gameplay improvement on Miller if TR & NC did that, anymore than if was back in the days of TR doing it on Miller.

Although also in reality one of the major factors on Miller alert wins is and largely always has been whomever fights the NC the least.
  7. Flag

No it really isn't the best way to do it - the "DIG way" (which they don't always do btw - people just don't seem to notice when DIG enters into more even fights) is wasteful.

The difference between TR of old and current DIG is that back then alerts tended to be global, where global overpop was giving TR an absurd advantage. By comparison, DIG is just a portion of the current 33% on a continent.
  8. Goretzu

It is wasteful, but equally it is a simple and reliable method and that is often what counts most.

There's loads of efficient and excellent ways to creat a hole, but most of the time a shovel will still be used, because it is simple and reliable (and relatively fool-proof).

The DIG method just requires numbers willing to be herded in one direction, better methods use less numbers and use the numbers they have more efficiently, certainly, but equally require much more coordination to pull off and often don't have the simple, reliable, repetition of dig.. dig.. DIG.. dig.. dig..

Also quantity always has had and always will have a quality of its own.
  9. Flag

I actually never disputed that. My beef was with how it's generally ONLY THE VS/DIG who gets flamed for it. When NC and TR does the exact same **** they're somehow "different".

That is why I call people hypocrites. They judge the VS for doing something, then don't judge the NC and TR when they do the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Is that insulting TR and NC players? Maybe, "boo hoo, bad man on the internet was mean" etc etc.

Incidentally, it's extra funny when TR does it, as I generally see comments in yell chat about "tacticool superiority"(aka zerging).
  10. 1Tap2Tap

I have no idea why you still bring up your theory of people you called "hypocrites", which would include me, blaming the VS faction as a whole for zerging and claiming the NC/TR never zerg.

I already answered that before, but to make it even more clear:

If DIG would be TR, we would still talk about the outfit DIG and not the TR faction as a whole.

If DIG would be NC, we would still talk about the outfit DIG and not the NC faction as a whole.

DIG happens to be VS.

That´s all.

Again, it is not about factions.

There simply is no other outfit in Planetside which can nearly boast the vast number of players DIG can.
    That´s a simple fact. DIG is unique in that sense.

Can and do other outfits zerg bases? Yes, they can and do.

Can those outfits bring 200+ people to a single fight like DIG can?
    No, because they for themselves simple are not big enough.

Usually DIG has the ability to overpop every fight against anyone they want. Even be it zergfit like ORBS, ELME (see, NC and TR zerg too, omg!) or whoever.
    And they made it their regular fighting style, which is just horribly unfun (and most of the time futile) to fight against.

So normally NC and TR on Miller prefer to fight each other rather than the VS, just because the chance of a huge megazerg redeploying/moving in and stomping the fight is way smaller.

NC/TR mostly fight VS out of necessity when it comes to alerts.

I personally do not know one NC or TR player that prefers fighting VS on Miller rather than each other.
    But surely that must be some completely irrational and unfounded hatred for the color purple or whatever. There cannot be a rational explanation for this madness.

See above.

DIG.

Not VS.

Not TR.

Not NC.

It´s not about blaming a faction, "game ethics" or some other crap.

You are the only one in this thread arguing DIG´s size (lel) and usage of that outfits size is not an issue for the Miller server.

NC, TR (which just know from experience being on the recieving end of DIG mass troop movements) and even VS players from Miller are not agreeing with you.

But I am tired of repeating myself over and over, you simply just don´t want to get it.

I find it funny that you think anyone would be crying because of you having weak arguments and putting words into peoples mouths they never said.

And you surely are not a "bad man".

Actually right now I´m asking myself how old you are.

Farewell.
    • Up x 1
  11. Flag

Because when it comes to actually playing, VS and DIG are treated as interchangeable terms by TR and NC players defending their own zerging. Every. Damn. Time.
    I call people hypocrites because they -are- hypocrites.

Are DIGlets doing stupid ****? Yes, they are. Do certain NC and TR outfits doing the same ****? Also yes. Is the latter played off as "it's not the same" (it is the same) by TR and NC players? Very much so.
    When asked why they do the same thing DIG is flamed for however, the "lol coming from VS" is mentioned every single time, almost without fail.

Moreover, DIGs total roster size alone doesn't say much if the people don't log on at the same time - the online numbers is what matters, or how many players actually follow the DIG platoon(s). As an example, my own outfit. Technically we have 166 members, and if every single one of us logged on at the same time we'd fill 3 and a half platoon. But we don't, we're generally 0-4. It's meaningless to use the 166 (or ~7000 for DIG) number, if the players aren't on simultaneously.

How old am I? Who cares. More than 20, less than 100.
  12. AssaultPig

VS were edging up on 50% world pop

I don't even think the VS are that overpowered in particular; but when every fight everywhere is a steamroll it isn't much fun to play
  13. Flag

Not on Miller. Never on Miller.
  14. Goretzu

It is likely because DIG does it most often, with most numbers, in the most consistant manner.

Certainly when you play Miller TR or NC you get don't get hit "DIG-style" remotely as much or to the same degree by the NC or TR respectively, nor indeed when you play Miller VS, by the TR or NC.

That's not to say there's no zerging, of course, but not organised zerging to that frequency or in the same numbers so consistantly. Not since the TR a couple of years ago anyway when the TR used to get exactly the same complaints (or those brief few weeks of those Russian TR recently).

Not a judgement, just a simple reality.
  15. Who Garou

If the server has a problem with the Vanu winning every other Alert or more, then playing the game the normal way isn't helping the TR or NC win some of the Alerts.

My suggest is a means by which both the NC and TR can work co-operatively to thwart the Vanu from winning.
  16. Flag

No, your suggestion screws over ~1/3rd of the player base because the remaining 2/3rds are unable to play alerts properly.
  17. Goretzu

Its actually how a 3 faction PvP systems is supposed to work, the reality is often different however with the top dog just staying on top.