Kinda new infiltrator need tips (TR)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by EqualWin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. EqualWin

thanks, i got 20$ in daybreak cash and would like to buy a decent gun (so i can also use it for stalker, is blackhand the best option?)

also any recommendation in what spend it on? like in upgrades etc!
  2. Booface

The default repeater for TR is actually one of the best sidearms in the game by a large margin. Slap a silencer and laser sight on it and call it a day. You could get a Commissioner, Hunter, or Blackhand to replace it (all solid choices for close range, sneakiness, and mid-range sniping in that order), but why do that when you've already got something that's more than serviceable? Get something that expands your role instead.

If you must go with a pistol, probably do the Blackhand. It's most different from the Repeater in terms of what role it fulfills, so you'd be able to swap between doing a close range Stalker or a slightly more sniper-ish version.

Make sure you try it out in VR first though just to check if you hate it. Keep in mind moving targets will throw you off a bit more than the ones on the firing range. The Blackhand is terrific but you've got to make the shots count--it takes a headshot plus a follow up for a kill, and you only get 4 before a reload.
  3. Biddion

If you are only playing on character I would use your cash on camo and such. Use the weapons you have until you earn a gold medal with them. By then, you should have enough certs to get the next weapon on your wish list. If you do other factions then make sure you use your cash on NS weapons.

As for the Blackhand, the Commish with x2 scope would be more versatile. Keep in mind those two pistols, along with the Underboss, cannot be suppressed.

Do you have the Fury and, or Renegade for your Flash?
  4. EqualWin

I ended up buying blackhand, since i mostly play SMG. its nice to have a "sniper" pistol.

on my flash i dont have anything on it yet, I wanted to buy the stealth thing but ended upgrading my decon.

I've yet to buy a sniper, still not sure if 50 ram.

also guys which other class i should have apart from infil? I've spend like 150 cert on eng repair tool cuz one alert I was defending a base and pretty much farmed air vehicles from VS, with a turrent. for like 30 min straight so i got like 100 cert and they were killing it a lot as well so I needed to repair. still not sure if i should upgrade other stuff of eng like munitions or w.e, theres a mana turrent sale I might buy it and I'd have money left for the sniper and add later for camos I dont think i need to buy anything else for infil, well the weapon for the flash maybe. Tho since i also enjoy going in lightning tank as eng I'd prefer to buy it instead of the weapon for the flash
  5. Devilllike

About the ability buy the hunter cloack and yes it worths lvl 5 but do not rush it
    suit nano is good maxed as well but dont rush it either
    tool i would suggest recon darts because moving a lot is very important and the motion spoter might not do the work unless your style does not support lots of moving and you like to hunt in a specific area
    utility i would suggest claymores and take a health regeneration module which in other words is passive healing
    Weapon primary many love the armstice personaly i have the Failstorm and tbh it really feels weak
    Secondary TR main weapon is good depending on the Frames,i use T4 AMP its a mini smg but if you are good with aiming you can buy commitioner it costs 1000 certs or underboss
    grenade EMP is very good
  6. _itg

Eventually, you'll want to play every class as the situation demands, but medic and engi are the best cert farmers (as well as being the easiest way to help the team). For medic, upgrade your revive tool ASAP, and you might think about getting revive grenades, too. The medic shield bubble is excellent for cert farming once you upgrade it, but it's expensive to do so, and at lower levels other people can steal your farming spot with a higher-level bubble. For engineer, max your ammo pack and repair tool (in that order, IMO), then consider getting tank mines (free vehicle kills are fun) and sticky grenades (large upgrade to standard frags for only 100 certs).

If you want to use the lightning, the standard gun is good for killing infantry, but you'll want the Python AP if you intend to kill other vehicles. I'd suggest the Rival chassis. As for armor slot, stealth is best for a flanking play style (which is required if you hope to gain advantage over MBTs), but it's expensive. Side armor is much cheaper and should make learning the vehicle a little easier, since it will make positioning less critical.
  7. Biddion

100 certs for 2 tank mines for Eng is the best investment you can make.
  8. EqualWin

how many tank mines r needed to destroy X vehicle? i'll buy it, I already have the mana turrent :d ez certs
  9. Biddion

Two placed relatively close will destroy any vehicle without mine guard. They shouldn't be too far as you want one to always detonate the other. When I had only 3, I would place them in a triangle. Placing one tank mine is virtually pointless.
  10. Daigons

It's such a tasty treat when some well placed tank mines deep in enemy territory scores a big kill. A few nights back an enemy sundy found my mines and I earned 5 extreme menace kills from it plus a few ribbons. Nom-nom-nom.
  11. Booface

You usually want to be able to contribute in any situation. Infiltrator is great for anti-infantry work, but you might want to minimally cert out Heavy for indoors close quarters where the Infiltrator isn't as useful. You can also put a anti-air launcher on your Heavy for anti-air. Then do Engie for vehicle ops and long range anti-vehicle with the AV turret.

Since ejection seats are great for Infiltrator and you should get them ASAP, they also synergize well with an Engie with tank mines and a sticky grenade. Crash your Scythe into a target Sunderer, ejecting at the last minute. Place your tank mines and a sticky grenade to set them off in the moments after the crash, and hardly anybody will ever be able to stop you in all the chaos of the flaming wreckage, smoke, and the render delay. Won't work on deploy shield or mine guard Sunderers, but other than that you are a huge credit to your team.

When you eventually get C-4 and the Utility Pouch for your Engie, this is also a delicious trick: Right after a base drops and you know full Sunderers will be en-route to the next one, spawn back there and put 4 C-4 on the front of a Wraith Flash with a Fury mounted on the front. Switch to Infiltrator. Then go find the Sunderers as they're driving up, cloak, drive alongside really close and near the front like the passenger's seat, and put some fury rounds into them to set off your C-4. Blowing a full Sunderer is always fun.
    • Up x 1
  12. CuteBeaver

Going to + 1 this advice.

Having another class well certed that can deal with vehicles really helps. I chose not to bother with the HA (personal choice / mostly caused by irritation since cloak and shield mechanics being polar opposites) . However I do I have a fully certed engineer with max tank mines, av turret, and vehicle loadouts to support when necessary. I really think the engineer and the infil pair well together considering you can hack a terminal, switch classes and then sabotage locations. You can also pull a stealth sundie and park it near a location where enemy armor passes and periodically mine the bridge / roadway. Leave come back and repeat as resources permit.

In order for 90% of my playtime to consist of stalker infil and achieve a SPM anywhere near an average HA i have to run through a PILE of consumables like mines and EMP's to increase the frequency of ambushing. Forcing the upper-hand often takes nanites. So eventually your going to want a lower cost option to play while your resources replenish. Some people like sniping while they wait, others use heavies, or engineers. I gun for someone typically while i wait.
  13. EqualWin

I've my HA a bit certed (well not really, only RS lvl 2, AS lvl 3) default wep. with attachments, my eng hasmines and lvl 3-4 repair av turrent

I've 1k cert atm, not sure what to buy. should I buy more smgs and get my shuriken? (is it worth it?) I just started learning about directives lol, completed basic one yesterday.. so i am between that or upgrading my lightning, I usually go the default one (0 cert on it) as eng and farm infantry but I want to upgrade it (which one u guys recommend?) also the utility etc.