Now that the Archer has been out & tested, will Infiltrators finally get access to it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Since all the irrational fear & panic made the devs decide not to give it to both the Engineer & Infiltrator.
  2. Lemposs

Hopefully not, they got enough toys to entertain themselves with.
    • Up x 2
  3. RedArmy

meh, im ok with it. it doesnt do nearly as much dmg as i thought it would and its effectiveness vs maxes has been fairly limited thusfar
    • Up x 2
  4. Scr1nRusher

What toys?

List them.
  5. Lemposs

It is the class with the most engagement ranges to pick from long - medium - close. Has one of the best grenades that penetrate walls. Has the best spotting tools in the game, by a mile. Is the only class with an exclusive vehicle module, which makes said vehicle extremely effective.
    • Up x 4
  6. Scr1nRusher

Thats not a toy.

That drains shields & energy.

Its the detection class

You mean the Cloaked flash that dies to anything?
  7. Imperial Sect

As mainly an inflitrator player why would I want this thing? It's terrible.

Give me 1 good reason to use this over my parallax.
  8. Imperial Sect

As mainly an inflitrator player why would I want this thing? It's terrible.

Give me 1 good reason to use this over my parallax.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

You can be useful against MAX's.

Also they really should decrease the Archers Chamber time down to 1 second.
  10. Lemposs

Infiltrators are already very versatile and really giving them the Archer is a tad too much in my book. I'd want the LA and medic to get something before infiltrators.

But I guess in the end they could get it, not like infiltrators ever do anything useful anyway, getting them to plink at the MAX might give them at least some value.
  11. Imperial Sect

So I can be semi useful against a max and completely useless against everything else?

I've shot people point blank with this thing just to be killed by them and they still have 1/4 of their shield left.

My job as an inflitrator is to actually kill people....like your medics and engis that hide in the background. I'll let the other 9000 people that play heavy assault worry about the maxes.
    • Up x 1
  12. thebigbortishbort

said this on test and ill say it now , No.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

You have no excuse to say that anymore considering its current state & battle usage.

Exactly......

Better to be semi-useful then worthless sitting on the hill sniping things.
  14. Danath

Sure, let's also give scout rifles to LA and RL to Medics.
    And overheats Engineer turrets, destroys motion sensors, ammo boxes, squad beacons, explodes any mine (getting kills here and there), removes HUD.
  15. Disconsented

Its an AV/AM weapon which is not the infiltrators role. No real reason to give it to them
  16. Meeka

Moonshot headshots to MAXes are pretty brutal too. ;)
    • Up x 2
  17. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah sounds good

Commissioner and archer combined after an emp grenade.

I'm serious.
  18. Joexer

I would have said no but its use is so limited (from experience) that i honestly wouldnt mind. That said. Any more effective against anything and it deserves to be engineer only.
  19. Scr1nRusher

The Archer playstyle(and looks) are identical to a Sniper rifle.
  20. Scr1nRusher

The Archer counts towards Sniper Rifle directives....... ;)