To Run smooth, or not to run smooth

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RainbowDash9, Sep 28, 2015.

1. SynaptixBrainstorm

I got amd, can you translate this for me :D ?
    • Up x 1
  2. Spiritualised

Sorry Benton but I can't see how my post was a repeat of your statement, and I apologise for my use of the word optimise despite razors site describing game booster with this statement, "Configures and optimises your PC's settings for peak gaming performance". Fortunately I don't need to use game booster as I learned a long time ago how to reduce, (optimise) my RAM usage for games, through shutting down unneeded services and processes, which is exactly what GB does. Admittedly GB is a nice simple one click solution, but I still can't help feel that some of the people here would be better of learning how to do these things without a software crutch, as it might give them more of an insight into the workings of their PCs. Having an understanding of how their PCs actually work might help them understand if its their PC or if its the game at fault when things go wrong, instead of blaming every last problem on, the devs, the code, dx version , physx, 32 bit, 64 bit, etc etc etc. Either way thats just my opinion and every one here has one so it matters not. Have a fab week Benton.
  3. Sir Cypher

I am sure you like to manually shut down processes and services each time you play some game that might require "extra kick" and then starting them up again after the game session/rebooting your computer, and I respect your choice. But please note that there are also a lot of people who - despite knowing how to do that manually - like to use "simple one click solution"(as you put it) to save time and effort. Me included. I just hate bringing up task manager and/or control panel/services manager and manually finding what I need to shut down. Admittedly, it takes only a couple of minutes time, but I can use even that time better playing the game. That's why I like programs like the GB. They save time and effort.
  4. Spiritualised

Well to be honest with you my gaming rig is exactly that. A gaming rig, a toy. I don't use it for anything other than gaming, so my services, processes etc are configured permanently to that end. Even though I only run 8 gigs, Its rare I need to change anything. I can't remember the last time I actually had to change any settings on that rig. I guess Im a little old school in my approach. Im a firm believer in learning and understanding what you are doing before using a tool that does it for you, without having any knowledge of whats going on under the lid so to speak. In your case you have the knowledge, you know what you're doing and understand what it is the tool you're using does. To my mind your doing it right, but please note there are also a lot of people who haven't got a clue, this forum is full of them. If you take a flight, do you want your pilot to now how to fly or just know where the autopilot button is?
  5. Benton582

Dude, what is better, a one click solution to cleaning RAM reserves on laptops with a pathetic 4GB ram, or manually doing it on a very damn limited platform that may be difficult for newbies to even comprehend? It could take hours or even days to understand what does what for some, but not every one, including me, has a very viable platform to play on. Game booster is FREE and very simple, and could do what you could tweak in 5 mins or a hour in just a push of a button. This may also apply to this poor man's computer struggling to run planetside.
  6. Brewergamer

I had this issue for a long time and I finally figured out that it was because I was using dual graphics, PS2 just doesn't work well with 2 GPU's I guess, when I disabled that it runs fine.
  7. EliteSoldier20

Maybe I can help you?
    Go to useroptions.ini (or useroptions) in the Planetside2 folder, and spam the U button. When you find the folder, open it and go to the rendering option. Change overall quality to -1, the shadows at 0 or 1 (better 0, you get better speed) and type in GpuPhysics=0
    After you do this whole stuff, save it and set it to read only.
    It increases your FPS pretty well, also the stutters are pretty rare, unless the alert notification pops up, but it will be fine after that
  8. Lord_Mogul

I have a "one click solution" a nice batch file on my desktop which shuts all that unneccery stuf down and another one that starts it again.

Pretty old tips, but still workling. Shadows are still a killer for most CPUs
    GPU physics were gone since over a year.
    Also take a look at those settings, they are located in different parts of the config file, but may help reduce CPU usage.
    UseLod0a=1
    MaxVoices=48
    RenderFlora=Off
    ReduceInputLag=0

Not the best thing to start with, if you're playing a game that uses way over 4GB on a regular basis. Especially as the recent versions of Windows (since the infamous Vista) use "non-used" Memory for caching operations.

Thats true, game booster basically doest the stuff an experienced user could do on his/her own without the risk of damaging either the hardware or the windows installation.
    Thats why i totally support the idea behind it.
    The not-so-experienced user probably doesn't know how which system services and background tasks to disable and where those stuff is found.
    • Up x 3
  9. EliteSoldier20

"Thats true, game booster basically doest the stuff an experienced user could do on his/her own without the risk of damaging either the hardware or the windows installation.
    Thats why i totally support the idea behind it.
    The not-so-experienced user probably doesn't know how which system services and background tasks to disable and where those stuff is found."

Well, I have used a lot of booster before, for multimedia and for games. It was not pretty pleasant, to see your PC booting very slow, removing data which can be important for your school/job (like documents, powerpoint amd excel files) without even telling this to you.
    When I had played BF4, it was a very bad version. Lag, unwanted effecta and a lot of gamebreaking bugs. Ans crashes. And I downloaded Razer GB. It was even worse. It was just making the game lag even harder. The only thing I use for games is Overwolf, it checks my FPS and monitors the status of my hardware. Also, it has Teamspeak option, so you can know who joined the room (sadly, I am not in an outfit)
    • Up x 1
  10. Lord_Mogul

Better have a "booster" that does less and misses some ways for performance improvements than having one that kills the wrong things.
    Same as with so called "registry cleaners" only thing with impact they can do is destroying your system. the registry is a database and only reads entries when needed, so unused stuff doesn't slow anything down. But deleting the wrong entries can riun the installation.

Last time I checked overwolf it was not compatible with MSI Afterburner (Which I use to monitor my hardware) and DXtory (my main program for recording)
    • Up x 1