What is the best continent?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheFlamingLemon, Oct 6, 2015.

1. TheFlamingLemon

Hossin is my favorite, and on it everything seems more interesting, all three types of gameplay.

1: Infantry
    Infantry on Hossin is much more fun to play, as the base designs are more recent than the other continents' and the bases are much less repetitive. Even the construction site styles have reasonably different point rooms that make them unique. Hossin's trees are also great for infantry, as they allow for interesting cover for all classes, mainly snipers. Light assaults benefit too, as those patient enough to climb trees can put spawn beacons in those trees and then have a beautiful flank on enemy infantry and vehicles as a drifter. All infantry benefit, too, in open areas because enemy liberators with AI and anti infantry ESFs have a harder time navigating to farm infantry.

2: Armor
    Armor battles on Hossin are much better than other continents. The trees let vehicles flank much more easily and provide excellent air cover. No more will tanks be instant killed by liberators, as 9 times out of ten that liberator will have to leave to avoid hitting a tree. The only downfall to armor on Hossin are drifter light assaults such as myself and tank mines underwater. It's not hard, though, to look up, and the tank mines could be fixed easily by just making them float either all the way above or barely above/below the water. (Do it DBG.) Armor also has the advantage of not being as easily gunned down by annoying raven maxes (plz balance DBG) because trees make the armor harder to hit.

3: Aircraft
    Everything about air is more interesting on Hossin. Dogfighting is made much more interesting because of the trees, and gives newer players more survive-ability as trees are easy to avoid when running away yet hard to avoid when chasing an enemy. ESF pilots can rejoice as liberators are no longer nearly as effective at brutally gunning then down, as it's harder to navigate against an ESF. Liberators and ESFs may have more trouble killing enemy armor, but they are also very difficult to kill, as avoiding damage is easy with so much cover for air. Further, the whole experience of flying on Hossin is much less monotonous than on the other continents. With trees to avoid and fly through, a Hossin pilot must stay constantly on watch, which in my opinion adds to the experience of transporting oneself to battle.

I'm certain I've missed points, but the general idea is that Hossin is, in my opinion, the best continent. I believe the unappealing aesthetic is the main reason most players dislike it, but overall, I don't see myself playing anywhere else.

So, guys, what's your favorite continent and why?
    • Up x 2
  2. HadesR

Amerish and Indar ..

Just seem to have more fun fights on those two .. And Amerish tends to get some great open field battles going on ..
  3. Antillie

Skyguard on Indar. Especially northern Indar. Its my Indar typewriter.

Hossin is only good for infantry fights. There are not enough open spaces for good tank battles and too many trees for much air game.

I love Indar.
  4. Onhil

Overall Amerish is my favorite continent to play on. And more aesthetically pleasing in my mind compared to two thirds of Indar and Esamir.
    For overall infantry play though mostly LA and med-range sniping Hossin is my favorite. Hossin trees being the only thing making the Phaseshift somewhat useful when lonewolfing. Since the chance of finding an ammo pack up there is rarer than the Spitfire killing something.

And as a side note I despise northern Indar for everything that it stands for.
  5. FateJH

6. Bu11ish

I hate Hossin because of the fog. Makes tanking at >mid range a real pain. Is there a way to turn the fog off?

I don't do Indar because I don't fly.

I would like Esamir the best for its terrain, but it only has 1 tech plant, which makes pulling MBTs a long drive 1/3 of the time, and the other 2/3 of the time you can't find a worthy opponent.

I like Amerish the best. I think it is the most beautiful continent so even if I died I can still just appreciate the nature. Has anyone else been to the purple crystal pit in mid-northeastern Amerish? It's like a natural wonder.
  7. CMDante

I like Esamir the most just because I have a thing for snow-scapes.

Really though I think Hossin is the most balanced as far as armor, fliers and infantry on one map. The others all heavily, heavily favor tanks and aircraft.
  8. TheFlamingLemon

Yeah, hossin just seems to balance out a majority of the unbalanced things in the game like liberators and ESF anti-infantry and uber-long ranged AV. It makes it great for those that don't abuse those things.
  9. Imp C Bravo

For me its a toss up between Hossin and Amerish.
  10. TheFlamingLemon

Amerish is my second favorite. It's so beautiful and the fights in fields are wonderful. Also, I love the bases passionately, they're almost as unique as hossin's, if not more unique than it. I just wish we could fight at more of the near-warpgate bases on Amerish because they're so so good.
  11. Imp C Bravo

I like the topography of Amerish. It has a healthy and balanced mix of plains, forests, hills, plateaus and mountains. The bases are nicely laid out as well.

I like Hossin because it forces better terrain understanding for both armor and air, as well as having a great atmosphere for infantry. Some of the bases are oddly designed -- but not so bad that it takes away from the continent. It's a damn shame no one goes there.

Indar is too centrally focused around the Crown, and as much as I love how Esamir looks, it doesn't have ENOUGH terrain. Too many bases require insane amounts of armor pushing because air and infantry can't get close with there just not being enough cover. Rewards ghost capping too much :(
  12. Sovereign533

It used to be Esamir before the wallpocalypse happened.
    The effort to push out armour from the bases really ****** most bases over. The increase in small cover on snow wastes also ruines a bit of the fun. I liked it more where it was just open terrain. Armour convoys rolling everywhere. Magriders had both open terrain to evade shots and hills to jump over, not that I play spandex but I like the enemy not to feel disadvantaged. So all armour really shone then. And you needed to have a mixed group of armour. MBT's got wrecked by air, Skyguards got wrecked by MBT's and both got wrecked by everything if they didn't have repair and ammo sundies.

But now for me it's kind of a tie between Amerish, Hossin and Indar.
    I like Indar probably because of nostalgia to the time when all we had was Indar.
    I like Hossin for it's good tank fights. My favorite tank the Lightning really shines on that continent.
    I like Amerish for its base layouts, thought of the lattice and the general aesthetics.
    And each of these continents can provide some awesome infantry fights.
  13. Pikachu

Esamir
    Nice snow and terrain and number of bases. It has nice Nott and crash sitr. Lack of tech plants is a problem. Should hve been less biolabs imstead.

Amerish has 0 field fights.

Indar too many stale mates, whicj should get nuked aftrr 20min. Entire south east quarter is boring. Battles rarely progress to the fun bases north past saurva and mao.

Hossin hmhas sh*tty terrain and number of bases snd stupid changes to skyfile making it not ad cool ss bedore release. Stupid confusing tiresome bases.
  14. Kanil

Open spaces are the bane of good tank battles, unless you consider "line up one zerg over here, line up another one over there, and the bigger one wins" to be good.

The flatlands of Hossin are probably the best terrain in the game, but the canyons are terrible, so as a whole I'd rate it slightly below Amerish.
  15. Nody

Amerish is probably the best overall taking into account Air/Ground/Infantry; Hossin is fun as infantry but not as a tanker.
  16. CorporationUSA

Hossin is bittersweet for A2A. On the one hand, people can have hoverduels with little to no AA interrupting in many places. On the other, some people like to run and hide in the trees when they are losing the A2A engagements, turning into a really annoying game of cat and mouse through the trees.

I still prefer Amerish for flying, due to the high flight ceiling and mountains that make it hard for AA to get behind enemy lines. And it's less headache-inducing than Esamir. Indar can go to hell, that map is a pilot's worst nightmare, due to the crap flight ceiling.
  17. Lemposs

Hossin certainly is my favourite, only continent that flanking can be done in a manner where you aren't spotted within a second. That and it has some of my favourite bases. Too bad so few like it and it doesn't see many battles.
  18. Villanuk

Indar For me, by a long mile. Its the only map where everyone can enjoy all aspects of the game and you can counter those aspects as well.
  19. Towie

No but I have experienced the 'sky bug' - when a continent gets the sky from another - didn't even realise it at the time, just warped to Hossin and it was very pretty for a change. Honestly made such a difference, I just don't like the dreary fog (if you live in England you can get that by just looking out the window!)

But anyway - my favourite is Indar, closely followed by Amerish. A sky-bugged Hossin would be a serious contender but not with the fog...
  20. SpoofGhost

Hossin and indar.

Hossin for ESF and infantry game-play. Flying in Hossin is fun cause you can use cover, fly through trees.
    As an LA player its fun to tree hop in Hossin, loads of fun!

Indar has the most diverse and interesting art assets, it really feels as if there has been spend a lot of time on Indar.
    Or at least more so than other continents. I like Indar for tank battles and infantry game play.

Esamir has some nice things going on ( i love snow scapes), but overall its art is kinda boring. and not so fun.
    Amerish, i don't really like it for some reason.

But to be honest, the game overall lacks in almost every aspect. :( it could have been so much better with more development
    and actual investment into it. Currently its just a kicked down milk-cow