What's considered

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ProfNoodles, Sep 18, 2015.

1. ProfNoodles

A good Sniper kill streak. The more and more I am getting used to my railjack and better positioning; the longer my kill streaks are becoming. The last one I did was 12 I think.
  2. _itg

Honestly, a good, cautious sniper can usually survive until the fight dries up, so measuring kill streaks isn't so important as the pace of kills. Who would you rather have on your team, the sniper who went 30-0 in one hour, or the guy who went 60-20?
    • Up x 1
  3. ProfNoodles

True. I normally get counter sniped around the 15 kill mark, but that is more a positional thing I am getting better at.
  4. Nagant

I don't know if it always worth playing hide and sneek (speaking cert-wise). Sometimes it results in more kills if you don't really hide from counter snipers, but keep dealing headshots till they kill you. Sure you can evade counter snipers by never shooting from the same places and always going to the next vantage point, but these may mean even 1-2 minutes of gun silence.

Sure this kamikaze approach will not boost your k/d and ruins the "I'm a badass ghost, 1 bullet 1 kill, it's already too late when you see the flash..." immersion, but you may kill more, die, respawn, kill even more...
  5. Navron

Btw, the correct answer is 30-0. <_< >_>
  6. ProfNoodles

I miss, so the best I have gotten is 20 kills before running out of ammo.
  7. Amouris

When I hit 10+ I consider it a streak when sniping, I think my record is ~100 when sniping in a TR/VS fight as NC. However this one could be higher, I never bothered to count how many I got in one life on it.
    https://recursiontracker.com/player/TaintedPaladin/?p=c&c=saved&id=2563

Another good marker is when you get the "Lobotomist" or "One Man Platoon" achievement on RTST.
  8. MisterSlim

I think, like has been mentioned by _itg, it's dependent on playstyle. When I'm on my VS, I'm almost solely overwatch for my outfit. This leads a slower rate of kills, but a much higher number of kills. On my VS, I've gotten 100 kill streaks on several occasions whilst sniping, but it took a good little while to do it. Whereas on my NC, I play much more aggressively and fast paced, focusing more on how fast I can kill and killing at closer ranges, rather than how long I can stay alive. I've yet to hit a 100 streak, but have a much higher average sniping KPH of over 60.

It depends on what kind of player you are, and what constitutes fun for you. And try not to get too caught up in stats and such, remember to have fun!

-Stay Frosty
  9. Sir Cypher

I did the math for you. Copy pasted to excel, because I am too lazy to actually count. 94 after the death from "[RP] Jethelim". You're welcome. :)
  10. Amouris

You're a gentleman and a scholar my good sir.
  11. Iridar51

A good sniper streak doesn't have an end.
    • Up x 1
  12. Leivve

It depends on the fight. Sometimes 12 is how many you can get before everyone flees inside. Other ties you can go 30 before you run out of ammo. It just depends on the fight.
  13. MisterSlim

But the TRULY cold snipers will get 13 in this case. 12 from sniping, then one from running up to the spawn room and knifing someone through the door before the pain field kills you :cool:.
  14. FeralBoy

A good kill streak to me is one that doesn't end because;
    random OP debris lands on my head,
    some knob in a vehicle racing pell mell just had to run me over in order to get to a destination whose location they're not even sure of yet,
    some medic runs up and insists on crouching up and down exposing my hide to get himself 26xp for healing,
    some other sniper that sees your kill-streak on the HUD decides to plop down beside wherever you go but somehow mistakenly believes they never have to cloak/uncloak and you end up taking an HE round to the grill,
    some knucklehead fresh off redployment just has to run up and toss a grenade into a room/area/location that only has friendly arrows in it,
    the random intentional TKer that feels compelled to /tell you they hit the wrong button. ;)
  15. MisterSlim

Nothing feels better than being on a 100 kill streak, only to have it ended by a friendly Harasser zooming up the hill you happen to be on, even though there's a perfectly good road right next to you xD.

-Stay Frosty