game doesn't work, what do?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrotchGrab360, Sep 22, 2015.

1. CrotchGrab360

so I played this in beta in 2012, was impressed, best beta I've seen, I made a very strange video on miller server of the world disappearing but other than that I loved it.

so now I'm back 3 years later, I;ve downloaded and installed, i click PLAY, it says "game is playing",
    then the new window launches and there is a progress bar, it gets to 100% and quits to desktop

it does this every time, I'm not willing to waste much time on this, I'm not a computer genius and not trying to sound funny but I shouldn't have to jump through any hoops, I should download a game and expect it to work./

Guess there's always sonic the hedgehog but I want to pew pew some people in space god dammit!

o7 Crotch
  2. FateJH

Did you re-download the client or are you still using the Beta client?
  3. CrotchGrab360

Yeh it was completely reinstalled a long time ago, I downloaded 10gb about an hour ago so it's all brand spanking new.
  4. CrotchGrab360

just tried it again I'm going to start getting angry soon is it too much to ask for something to just work? to be able to click PLAY and then PLAY the game?
  5. FateJH

The Launchpad is still a 32bit application if I recall. *checks TaskManager* The game itself is 64bit-only now, though. Do you pass that requirement?
  6. CrotchGrab360

yeh, same 64 bit computer I used for the beta, had it since 2011. beta always played fine, checked my installed programs and the date and it's only got what i've installed today so no remnants of beta.
  7. FateJH

Well, "formal Beta" was a long way back. In between that they released, withdrew, then re-released a dedicated 64-bit client for the game, ran concurrent 32-bit/64-bit builds of the game for a while, and finally they phased out the original 32-build of the game.

Start the Launchpad, click the Wrench, then do "About Launchpad," just for comparison.
    Afterwards, Validate Game Assets.
    • Up x 1
  8. CrotchGrab360

Copyright © 2009-2015 Daybreak Game Company LLC. All rights reserved.
    LaunchPad: 4.1.0.0 (172)
    Shell: 6.0.0.6
    Installer: 1.0.3.191
    Environment: live

ah right I never saw validate game assets, it's a "hoop" as I described and wholly unnecessary from a consumerist standpoint BUT if it makes it work then thank you, I shall try.
  9. Utrooperx

Also, check you are running as 'Admin'...Windows gets touchy about that...
  10. CrotchGrab360

right well here I am again, I tried validate game assets it did NOT work. I am running as admin.

I came back today, downloaded some 100mb patch, validated game assets again, game does NOT work
  11. Pfundi

What processor and how much RAM do you have?
  12. CrotchGrab360

i5-2550 3.3 quad
    8gb kingston 1600mhz

same as when I played the beta, nothing has changed, beta always launched. was on a different hard drive and uninstalled years ago

just tried PS2 AGAIN, got to 94%, hung, then exited to desktop

I'm done with this, what is this joke? There is nothing wrong with my PC, this is a JOKE, it's a free game so I guess you get what you pay for.

I'm out I'm not wasting my ******* time on this joke anymore,

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO DOWNLOADING A GAME, PRESSING PLAY, AND PLAYING THE GAME?
    WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GOOD OLD GAMING
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO GAMING
    WHY CAN'T WE PLAY GAMES?
    WHY DON'T GAMES PLAY WHEN WE PRESS PLAY?

WHAT THE **** HAPPENED
  13. Pfundi

I just asked because the requirements changed and sometimes the game refuses to launch for whatever reason :D
    When it stops at 94% its your internet. Thats the moment it communicates with the servers.
  14. Quikloc007

Sounds like it could be a malware problem. I had this similar problem a few month ago. There's an app that's changing a Windows setting that is redirecting your computer to a different server. It's a pain to fix but you can fix it. At least it worked for me. Good luck.
  15. customer548

Install DirectX. "94%" issue is a DirectX issue for my own experience.
    Then use the reapair Tool of your launcher (little wrench).
  16. OgreMarkX

My game also freezes and fails at 94% (this is AFTER I choose my character and load into the map screen and when I choose a spawn location).

This didn't happen last few nights. This happened when I downloaded a patch today (10/2).

Hurray. Guess I should go buy Daybreak Cash? Right? Then I can buy a Boost called "Finish Loading the Game Implant"?

Right?
  17. FateJH

They all always say that it's never their PC but, if it wasn't only that person's PC, then it would be a much wider spread issues. Even the local installation of the game on your computer is a "your PC" problem.
    Anyway, I'm trying to think what else we have that could be suggested, short of attempting a fresh re-install of everything.

Customer548's DirectX idea might be sensible, but DirectX should have also long since been initialized.

I don't know what to suggest if it's networking issues. You could try checking the firewall exceptions for have for the game and also doing ping and tracert to the IP of whichever server you are trying to connect. It won't solve issues but it should give you an idea what kind of path the system thinks you can use.
  18. Obstruction

• make exceptions with windows firewall and antivirus software
    • is the web launcher still a thing?
  19. customer548

I suggested to make a fresh install of DirectX. Because it solved all of my own "94%" loading issues.
    But i have to add that perhaps you should make a fresh new install of your OS. You talked about your 2012 PS2 beta experience. Did you make a fresh OS install since 2012 ?
    If you didn't, copying your game files on another hard drive, making a fresh install on your main HD, updating all drivers (Motherboard/CPU/GPU/Framework ones included) and DirectX may be of any help. Then just copy/paste your game files and launch.