[Suggestion] Daily challenges

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Sep 22, 2015.

1. VonStalin

Daily challenges.
    The way to keep players coming back every day and keep them for longer.

At the start of every day (once every 12 hours) you would get to choose one of 3 random challenges.

*Reward. Reward has to be big enough to keep the interest of players.
    It could be two sizes of reward. 50 certs for quicker challenges and 100 certs for longer.

*Time. They should be time consuming as it is one of the reasons for challenges to keep players busy and coming back for more every day.

*Pay 4 challenge. If one challenge a day is not enough for you, you can buy more with station cash. Also, you would get 2x the challenges by default if you have the membership.

Example of 50 cert challenges:
    Kill 60 enemies using Carbine.
    Kill 60 enemies using Assault rifle.
    Kill 17 enemy tanks.
    Etc...
    Example of 100 cert challenges:
    Kill 100 enemies using Carbine.
    Kill 100 enemies using Assault rifle.
    Kill 30 enemy tanks.
    Etc...

Simple.

That would work for me.
    There also could be some stats and additional rewards besides certs, like special camos which you could only get by completing 100 challenges, helmets etc... For those who don't care about certs.
  2. Rockit

And for weeklies you must bring 40 goat skins to the spire at the crown and perform the Higby sacrificial ritual to collect 20 auraxium marks. Marks may be exchanged for notoriety at an equipment console in your warpgate. 20,000 notoriety will be required to gain favored status at which point you can then purchase the special goat skin for your character.

Seriously though, this game has pretty much run it's course. The PS4 launch was it's savior and well go read all the merge threads on that topic and you'll see it's not going so well. They need to just move on to something else at this point but I guess there is still milk left in the cow yet.
  3. VonStalin

However funny you think it sounds about "goat skins" but I actually would like some RPG elements in this game..
    And speaking of planetside dying it is impossible.. There is nothing else to play. Me too, go play some random games for a week or two, but I come back to planetside every time.
  4. FateJH

Think we could work some text adventure and bullet hell into this game too? (The Touhou variant of bullet hell. We have a painful lack silly hats.) Let's keep adding deficient genre hooks until we're so confused that we think PlanetSide 2 is a tax form simulator.
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

60 kills?
    17 tanks?
    it's for those players, who play all day long?
    how about bad players, who cant reach 50 kills?
    • Up x 2
  6. VonStalin

60 kills is nothing.
  7. Campagne

Not for a new player, who would really need the certs more than someone getting 60+ kills in a single session.
  8. VonStalin

That is not about new players, that is about keeping the old ones more busy when favorite directives are done.
  9. Campagne

Well then, as an old player, I can safely say that 50 certs for 60 kills is hardly worth the time, and encourages me to grind as many kills as possible over any other objective. Maybe I'll learn to fly, or just get some rocket pods instead.

You see what I'm getting at?
  10. ALN_Isolator

How about:
    Capture base X (starts fights and rewards it)
    Capture VS base
    Capture NC base
    Capture TR base
    Overload/stabilize 3 generators
    Take 5 control points
    Get 20 kills in your mission area
    Get a melee kill
    Kill a BR 100

and so many more!
  11. BlueSkies

Old players who care about certs? Haven't met any.
  12. Liewec123

many days i can't be bothered logging in for my 48 passive certs,
    i don't think 2 more certs would get me logging in to grind out 60 kills with a carbine XD

it could also promote bad teamplay, like allies letting you lose a 1v1 so they can steal the kill.
  13. Demigan

I'm an older player, and soon I'll reach the treshhold where I've auraxed just about every Carbine and shotgun that you can buy with certs on my LA (just the automatic shotgun, 100 kills for Gauss Burst, the Bandit and NS-11C). Will I still grind out 60 kills just because my daily forces me too? I hunt Auraxium medals already, which is a big enough weekly or monthly effort depending on the weapon and what other things I'll be doing during my time.
  14. VonStalin

It is just an example. I just want some random easy daily challenges with some rewards.
    What rewards and what challenges is unknown, you decide.
    Current "ribon" or whatever bonuses does not satisfy me, I don't even understand how they work.
  15. VonStalin

I have auraxium carbine, auraxium SMG, auraxium knife, auraxium c4, auraxium LA armor, auraxium infiltrator armor, I have no helmet helmet for 5k certs... And I still find where to put my certs into. So.....
  16. Demigan

I wasn't talking about where to put my certs, I was talking about auraxiuming everything, not stopping after I've auraxiumed the auraxium weapon. When I'm done with all that I won't be using Carbines and Shotguns much simply because i'll start hunting the next auraxium medal rather than hunting after a challange.
    I think being forced to use a certain weapon type wouldn't be good. I don't like running around as HA, so any LMG daily would be wasted on me. Also you say that you already have more than enough certs... so why would you want daily challenges that give you even more certs?
    Shouldn't you be asking for some deep meta game to keep the game interesting, instead of an individual challenge system that might give you things to do you don't like?
  17. VonStalin

Speaking about auraxium I am not going to auraxium any more things, because I don't like them.
    I don't have enough certs, I need to cert up my liberator and galaxy, and so on..
    Challenges are fun from themselves, specially if they would give you something in a long term, like every 10 challenges you would get a special item - helmet, armor, camo etc..

Currently I am really happy with Halloween challenge. It keeps me entertained, because I have some goals.