So the game came out 3 years ago.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OVKatz, Sep 19, 2015.

1. OVKatz

I wonder when we're gonna get doors and water movement physics.
    I know, absurd next-gen features to ask for.
    I hope some day we'll see the long lost Vanu tech of openable(perhaps closable!) doors and exosuits that don't short-circuit when you're in knee-high water.
    • Up x 1
  2. Verviedi

Or how about reasonably buffed tanks, AA that doesn't instagib ESF's from across the map, and a community that doesn't take ******** to new and interesting extents?!
    • Up x 1
  3. Benton582

Do I hear viruses?
  4. Obscura

Those urban continents were sure promising too
  5. Gemenai

Thought i would enter the game again after several weeks of a break.
    Saw some warping guys. Again people inside walls. Got shot several times from a faction hopper who committed teamkills out of saltyness...

Sticking to Warframe for now. It's not bugfree, but as it is a F2P game too, it offers me more content and less **** than i would have to face if i would stick to Planetside2.
    The game is just a promise anymore - a broken promise.
  6. Isokon

The only thing that can do the the latter is the former...
  7. Verviedi

I am, of course, referring to the utterly ridiculous flak in this game.
  8. FateJH

Flak can neither hit you across the map nor can it instagib.
    You can only be targeted within Vehicle draw distance and damaged at a regular pace.
  9. Verviedi

I have been taken from full health to burning in one second in the middle of my own territory from flak.
  10. FateJH

Suffering bizarre damage is a matter between you, your assailant, the server, and DBG.

(A single Burster Flak Burst does 56 flat damage, 89 modified damage against an ESF, which means the Burster needs to land 34 shots to destroy the ESF from full health without Fire Suppression or Composite Armor. It shoots 3.67 shots per second at 325m/s and empties its normal 28-size magazine in 7.6s. Assuming all shots land: a single Burster without extended magazines will need to reload for 3.5s; a single Burster with extended magazines needs about 9s of continuous fire; and, a dual Burster setup needs just less than 5s of continuous fire.)

(Other sources have Flak Burst flat damage of: 60 for the Skyguard and 50 for the Ranger.)
    • Up x 1
  11. Taemien

You answered your own question in the title. Its a three year old game. Now think about it for a moment. Three years old and no expansions. What do you think is going to be added?

Indar is still in its testing phase. It was never supposed to be released in its current form (though it has been tweaked, but not overhauled entirely).
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

yea if there was ONE thing i was looking forward to in this game it was an URBAN MAP! screw new weapons, resource revamp or better performance, i wanted THAT MAP:

(vid from sept 2014, map showcase starts at 7:00)

they had it half-finished but then suddenly decided to simply scrap it because of "reasons". i mean how ignorant can they be? they want to compete with modern shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty, but cant even provide ONE urban combat environment? sorry but that's fail, in my eyes.
  13. OldMaster80

The only thing we're going to have in a reasonable amount of time is the ant with buildable turrets. Which is cool if course but probably won't change the game so much.
  14. OVKatz

I don't know how you people can complain about balance before there's, you know, ALL THE BASIC FEATURES THAT SHOULD BE IN VIDEO GAMES.
    They haven't even attempted water physics yet, they just made all water toxic or ankle-deep to avoid it.
    And instead of making actual base-looking bases, they just made every dang building a warehouse so they don't have to make doors or windows or anything you can interact with god forbid.
    It wouldn't even just be novelty. PS1 had breachable and lockable doors that broke up the indoor combat, helped prevent stalemates by giving little "breathers" to both sides by having actual room-to-room clearing. Also gave hacking a more useful role, you always needed a hacker when attacking a base to get inside.
    And the water made it so actual bridge combat needed to be done, instead of now where every riverbed is dry. You had to either pull amphibious transports or brave the bridge. It was an actual dynamic for certain bases.
    But that won't happen because they keep adding cosmetics and "new guns" aka guns with different damage values.
    • Up x 1
  15. FieldMarshall

Probably wont happen because of money.
    They have no money and thus not enough people working on further developing ps2.
    And if they dont have enough people working on the game, its going to take a while to get anything at all done.
    The small number of people working on ps2 has to prioritise things that are "easy" to make or it would never get done, and things that dont require much money to put into the game.

If they had 200+ people working on the game and as much money as they could want, like star citizen, it would be different.
    ~20 people and no money kind of limits what you can do.

TLDR: Money is holding the game back.
  16. Haquim

Well... that goes the other way too.

I spent 4 times the amount I spent for any other Game on this, or twice for the one that had a subscription.
    Quality went down, my hitdetection went to hell, i think three different things are STILL stuck in "phase one". And thats propably only the tip...

Can somebody tell me why I should spend money so theay can do what they should do, when they clearly proved that they don't do what they should even when they get my money?
  17. Crator

I don't know this for sure but I assume they fund other projects with money from every game they have. They seem to think this game's market is dried up, and maybe it is, so they don't put the effort in to make the changes we want and instead make small changes and additions to keep the existing customers going a little while longer.

You also have to take into account the DBG transition and Higby resignation effects.
  18. Pikachu

They even went so far to add prototype props in the PTS files.
    [IMG]
  19. MikeyGeeMan

Just cause it came out 3 years ago doesn't mean it's dead.

It's not a casual shooter and people should be made aware of it. It is deeper than most think.

Well there are betas now of games looking to do this. I am hoping it jog them a bit to reinvest in it.

It could become a masterpiece with the right person at the helm.
  20. OldMaster80

If I had a cent for each time an ******* told this game was I dead today I'd be rich.