[Suggestion] ES pistol improvements.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

I have 3 primary ones I want to bring up, aswell as make this thread a platform for people to talk about new attachment ideas & buffs to ES pistols.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

ES Pistol Improvements:

1) Giving ES pistols x1 & x2 reflex scopes.

2) Giving ES pistols access to Compensators & Flash Suppressors.(Magscatter doesn't get these due to being a shotgun)

3) Akimbo for ES pistols.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

ES Pistol balance changes:

Magscatter:
    • Magazine increased from 4 to 6
    • Now has access to slug ammo
    Cerberus
    • The pistol's bullets now have Lasher splash & Lasher projectile.
    Inquisitor:
    • Now has a 2x burst fire mode
    The Immortal:
    • Now has a HEAT Mechanic.
    • Can fire up to 16 rounds before overheating.
    The President:
    • Suppressor now additionally provides the same benefit as the Flash Suppressor.
    AMP:
    • Magazine size increased from 21 to 24
    • Standing Move Hipfire accuracy changed from 2 to 1.75
    • Crouch Move Hipfire accuracy changed from 1.5 to 1.25
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

New ES pistol attachment:

Mimic:
    • A modified compensator that makes the pistol sound like the enemy empires pistols & show up on the enemy mini-map as a "ally".(Magscatter doesn't get this due to being a shotgun.)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    • Up x 1
  2. CMDante

I don't see why you'd add slugs to the magscatter. Otherwise sure.
  3. MaKiro2

Yeah imo they should buff some pistols.
    2 Round tothe magscatter would be pretty big, imo u need only 1 more. Also Slug wont be good on it.
    For the other Pistol changes i would be okay with.
    Also u should change The Executive:
    Dmg to 220
    Also Fire rate to 400.

To the Mimic idea i dont care
  4. OldMaster80

The biggest issue with es pistols is the ns revolvers are such a good choice for siderarms that you don't need anything else.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

Shotgun.
  6. TerminalT6

This, so much. I really liked the TX1, and I didn't hate the AMP, but the Commissioner could replace my primary, so why use anything else?
  7. Verviedi

NS pistols have a more-than 1 second TTK, while ES pistols have significantly lower TTKs.
  8. Ballto21

I would like to formerly thank scr1nrusher for not including the beamer in this list. Even if he didnt have me in mind i appreciate that he knows that its a good weapon, and i offer a one time "Good post Scr1n"
    • Up x 3
  9. _itg

I'm all for buffing ES pistols, but a couple of these specific ideas are problematic or unnecessary. Akimbo would be a bad idea, even for ES pistols. Imagine running around with dual Rebels. That would give you an OHK double-headshot out to 15m, or a 2HK to the body. Compensators for pistols would be just kind of silly, since the recoil is already low, the effective range is short due to CoF bloom, and hipfire is very important for these guns. The "mimic" attachment would just be a mess, and it's really hard to justify thematically.

1x and 2x optics are a big deal, and I absolutely want these implemented. It was a huge letdown when DBG strongly implied they were releasing optics for all pistols, then we got optics for precisely two of them.

I think most people like the power level of the revolvers, though, so why not bring the ES guns up to that level?
  10. Stigma

Scopes are no-brainer. DO IT. Makes no sense that only the NS sidearms (which already are some of - if not the best sidearms) have scopes. Some of the ES sidearms have such poor sights that they are very rarely useful to ADS with at all. My Inquisitor for some reason has a huge attachment-rail on top of it - that isn't used for anything.

Akimbo.... plz no... this is not COD.

Compensators and flash supressors... I'm neutral on the idea. I think a more interresting option would be to have some sidearms accomodate extended mags - but at some sort of disadvantage (slower equip time possibly?) as some sidearms have some serious DPM limitations that makes otherwise fun weapons overly limited (magscatter, AMP are good examples).

-Stigma
  11. Thardus

I think the idea of a Lasher pistol is really cool. I don't think it should have more than 8 or so shots before reloading, but it'd be really useful for finishing off someone who ducks behind cover.
  12. CMDante

Full attachment system on sidearms would be heavenly.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Yeah, it would really make things interesting for the VS pistol arsenal.
  14. Dualice

I especially like the idea of a Lasher sidearm, and the 2x burst on the Inquisitor. The latter would sure save me some RSI :p
  15. ALN_Isolator

Mimic is about as worthy an attachment as darklights on primary weapons....

Suppressors are supposed to mask muzzle flash unless the president is bugged.

The now 16 round mag immortal (even though it is now infinite ammo) can be considered a nerf to an extreme downgrade of the already poor beamer and I don't know why directive pistols are in the game when there are only 3 per faction you should consider using.

You didn't even touch on the ACTUAL problems with the AMP, monstrous CoF bloom and recoil.

I'm all for barrel attachments other than a suppressor on pistols and akimbo usage but some of these ideas aren't realistic.
  16. Leivve

Revolvers are better all around weapons. The TX1 might be the best pistol in the game in cqc, but the commissioner can hold it's power to medium range where the TX1 is near useless.
  17. Iridar51

[IMG]
    OMG IT ALREADY DOES
    • Up x 2