Weirdly low fps (not a wood pc)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Petrusion, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Petrusion

Hello, i have started this game after a few weeks, and now, as usual, i have 60+ fps on high-medium-ish settings.... when not moving my mouse
    When i move my mouse i instantly get 10 - 20 fps and when i stop moving it i am back on 60+

= turning around at any time results in 3 to 4 times less fps

(i am stating again, this is not the problem of computer beign bad, I study IT so i am confident can identify wood and good PC)

anyone has the same problem?
  2. breeje

i go from 70+ fps to 50+ fps when moving or looking at moving objects, big fights
    the lowest fps i get is 40+ on occasion
    i found out if i play with a six core CPU i get better fps than a equal or slightly better four core CPU
    i will soon be testing this theory with a eight core CPU
  3. Petrusion

that is not my problem, though, my problem isn't about bad performance, but about this weird thing that anytime i turn in any way i get 10 fps from 70
  4. Onhil

I think you should probably verify game files and maybe reinstall the game.

It could also be a problem with graphics drivers and such. PS2 sometimes just lose performance when a new driver comes out.
    Though that you only drop frames when moving your mouse is interesting.
  5. breeje

every action you do will ask a little performance off your CPU
    if 60+ fps is what you maximum get by being stationary it can only go lower if your moving
    what i want to say is u can have a high end PC with 4 cores giving you 60+ fps
    you can buff this with a same price 6 cores high end CPU ( if my theory is correct)
    i will be able to tell you this in a couple of weeks when i can barrow a eight core CPU from a friend

it's normal if you lose some fps, when playing you will always lose fps for every action you do or see on your PC
    only they should be little and i think a multi core CPU can help with this problem
  6. Petrusion

as i said, i only get these *10* fps if i am moving my mouse, nothing else, ever, not when shooting, moving with WASD, reloading
  7. Stigma

You need to do some general troubleshooting. Sounds like some sort of driver issue or similar.
    Do other games run without any problems?

I'd update graphics drivers just to eliminate possible problems related to that. I have come across rare cases of mouse drivers/software actually creating something along the lines of what you describe too - but if this is the case then you would probably see similar problems in other games too.

If all else fails - do a backup of all the relevant configuration-files for planetside (there is a list that customer service can give you) and let them redownload so that PS2 resets back to default configuration in case there is anything wrong internally with the game, and that should resolve any such problems.

Did you have this issue from the start when you installed it, or did it suddenly occur after a while? That can be pretty relevant to reflect on when it comes to tracking down the root cause.

-Stigma
  8. Stigma

Just an idea to test - does turning using keyboard keys produce the same phenomenon? (sorry, my editing option is broken for some reason).

-Stigma
  9. customer548

Did you try to plug in your mouse on a different USB port ?
    Did you update your mouse drivers ?
    Did you use the PS2 repair tool in order to validate your game files (press the wrench icon on the launcher) ?
    Did you check if DirectX and Frameworks are updated, try a fresh install ? (Not sure that it may help, but better check it perhaps ?)
    Do you have a friend who may lend you another mouse in order to check if yours has troubleshoutings ?
    Even if i have no doubt that you know about good/bad PC hardware, perhaps should you give details about your PC setup components in order for forumers to check it ?
  10. Petrusion

it does happen only when turning with mouse, nothing else, i am currently verifiying game files..
  11. Stigma

So it does NOT happen when turning using the keyboard?

In that case that's a fairly strong indication that there may be something wrong with your mouse/driver/software/USBport.
    I'd recommend uninstalling the device entirely, including its software, and reinstall (on a different USB port, just to be extra sure). The USB drivers themselves can also be a cause - but unless you've manually installed or tampered with them they tend to be so standard that they are less likely to be the culprit.

-Stigma
    • Up x 1
  12. Petrusion

Oh, yes, it is something wrong with my mouse, i know for sure know, didn't happen when i tried turning around with touchpad (yes, i haven't realized touchpad was a thing ... and yes i am playing on a gaming notebook)
    Oh yes, i will reinstall my mouse software / driver
  13. Crator

Interesting. So somehow the USB interface the mouse is plugged in to is affecting frames? Perhaps also try and upgrade system board drivers too? Also try different type of mouse if new mouse drivers don't help.