How the flying **** is this even possible? Explain this DBG.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Jubikus

yeah why dont you give that a try tell me how it works out for you. If you havnt been around for very long on internet games in general you should know that theres a few things that happen. First sometimes theres nobody around to deal with the super outrageous hackers like the guy listed above believe it or not they have a small team and likely dont have someone around at all times. Second hackers tend to be banned here and there but for the most part they get built up and banned in waves this is why hacker tend to come in waves their hacks work for a while game developers figure out how to detect it patch something most get banned hackers have to make new hacks.
  2. RainbowDash9

i think the real question here is how did he kill 4 tanks when the only weapons he used are dual cyclers, trac-5, and the repeater o_O

edit: nevermind, i just remembered harrassers and flashes lol
    • Up x 1
  3. Elkybam

I find it outrageous to see DBG devoting the majority of their resources to PS4 port than fixing the game itself and the hackers. And I personally thought that the "failure" on PS4 was enough to make them come back.
  4. Jolanar

Don't worry, he will be banned within a day or so. It does not excuse DBG for allowing this to become so commonplace though. It worries me about what is going on upstairs with their team. Ever since the sale, DBG has dropped pretty much every major project that it was working on and is now only focusing on milking all of their current games as much as possible without adding much content. I legitimately think they might be going under in the near future.
  5. gunnner10

OK, I was blaming DBG for making TR weapons OP. I guess it may have been a hacker then. I apologize DBG for ranting about the imbalance
  6. FieldMarshall

[IMG]

Its obviously the same guy who has been hacking for the past few months.
    He always advertise his hacks in /y and always play max.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cynicismic

The number of blatant cheaters recently has reached paramount levels. A few days ago, myself and a squad were being spawn-camped by a TR Heavy Assault with the T9 CARV at around half a kilometre range. All his shots were aimed precisely at our heads and most of them hit. Moreover, I could tell that he was using an aim-bot because when I scoped in on him with my Long-Range Sniper load-out for my Infiltrator, his body was snapping and jerking sequentially in order for the program to acquire its targets. Plus, he must have had external geometry/box highlights, because I find it hard to believe that you can see a cloaked infiltrator with the T9 CARV at 500-550m range.

I find that this isn't 100% down to a supposed neglect by DBG. More players need to report those cheating. Now, I know that's easier said than done, (will all the crying the goes on in the /YELL channel - I shot down a Battle Rank 100 Mosquito pilot yesterday in my Scythe, (when I say shot down, I took him by surprise to such an extent that he crashed into a mountain, though the kill was still given to me), only for him to accuse me of taking control of his ESF and forcefully make him kamikaze into a rock). Though players really need to report others who are blatantly cheating.

Unfortunately, most new players and some intermediate ones don't know half of the slash commands because they're not in the tutorial, (which needs to be more in-depth, if you ask me), which is a fault of the developers. Furthermore, the developers, instead of focusing primarily on the PS4 version, should be prioritising somewhat on rule enforcement and making sure that these cheaters get banned quicker and for longer.

The final stage in this is inevitably going to be a fault of the hackers. I never understand people who cheat in games. It is very selfish. You give yourself a massively unfair advantage over everyone else and consequently ruin their games, when you can annihilate them in half a second and they have no chance of retaliation. It's pathetic. What's more is the extortionate prices of these cheats, which these kids seem to be intent on having and henceforth draining their parents credit card balance. The cheaters are the ones who are biggest to blame because they're the ones who are doing it.

Compared to other games I've played, you guys should count yourselves lucky. At least people do get banned for cheating. At least cheats are actually forbidden. DBG will most likely never win a total victory above cheats because once one gets eradicated, a new one will come to take its place. The power really is in the hands of the people, here. If 100 or so people report the same person, which usually are the numbers of the average fight, then that should raise some awareness. Referring back to my Heavy Assault incident, we actually saw him being teamkilled, because his allies could see what he was doing.

If they want to ruin our games, then let's be obliged to ruin theirs. You reap what you sow. What goes around comes around. If these guys are going to cheat, and hopefully get banned, then you give 'em hell before their account gets locked. This is a plea to those seeing cheaters on their side. If you see a hacker and he's a part of your Empire, then you kill him. You report him. The power is in the hands of the people here. It's also in the hands of the developers, who seem so intent on making as much money as possible that they're expanding to another platform on which players can buy more of their stuff, instead of fixing their game. If they're not going to help, then I guess we're going to have to help ourselves.
  8. Demigan

more than 30% accuracy and 90% of his kills are headshots...? On a MAX? In just a few hours time? With a KD of 422? With only 4 Assists?

I wonder when developers will create their own cheat tools, make them the most easily found on Google, and anyone who downloads them and tries to use them will have their IP banned after a very short gameplay session so they might try to download it again and try again later if they still want to cheat. It's a far more effective method of stopping cheats.
    Alternatively allow the cheats... But similar to the pirated game defenses, it messes up the game somewhere else. The Pirated games would spawn invulnerable scorpions to kill you or change you into a bird or other stuff eventually, causing the game to become unplayable from that point on. Many players who pirate the game then complain on the forums, exposing their theft to the developers themselves. This same principle could work here, but with cheats provided by the developers themselves. You know there's going to be cheats around, better make sure you have it in your own hands how far and long these cheats work.
  9. GaldorP

The same cheater is back again today on Cobalt right now during this Esamir Alert, teleporting through the air, going under the ground, through walls, firing permanently without ever running out of ammo, through walls of course, promoting his malicious website which, according to him, offers hacks for Planetside 2.

Please consider a system that can deal with this kind of cheater fast, for example volunteer GMs from the player-base that can check reports 24/7. A very low number of cheaters like the one mentioned in this thread can ruin alerts for an entire server.
  10. NICHderWOODY

jip .. like he did yesterday 3 times!

oh and btw. dont follow his link! unless u know what u do!

i like the idea with volunteer GMs alot!!
  11. GaldorP

That was fast. Thanks for banning him now still during the alert :)