WTF Just Happened - A Perspective from a Person On Break

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Verviedi

So, we just installed the game again to do my semi-annually "What has happened since we left?" checkup. And we noticed something... Odd. No more hyper AV nests that instagib any vehicle that commits the crime of existing on the same server as them? What is this Gatekeeper thing? WHY DO MY NC MAX GUNS SOUND LIKE STAPLERS?
    To be completely honest, at this point w- you know what, Higby it, I don't need to do that anymore since we saved the HA shield from being shot through the head behind a barn.
    At this point, I have actually hit the glorious point of actual mystery. When doing something in a game does not have an easily forseeable outcome! And this is great, if only for the fact that I still can't fly a damn ESF without a Burster MAX on the other side of the continent instant killing me. Anyway. So while in my general search for exactly what the Aphellion actually is (Can someone explain the new ES secondaries to me?), I noticed something even odder than the aforementioned lack of hypermegasuperpowerfulAVnests. I noticed fun. People, instead of comstantly ******** in yell chat, are actually joking around like they used to!

So, can someone sum up what has happened since the Daybreak takeover in regards to the game?
  2. FateJH

Nothing, really.

The VS Aphellion and the NC Mjolnir are the ES equivalents of the TR Vulcan in engagement range.
    The TR Gatekeeper is the ES equivalent of the VS Saron and the NC Enforcer in engagement range.
    • Up x 5
  3. Spazmatism

Except they aren't nearly as good as the Vulcan...

Also, they added an anti-max sniper for the engineer that nobody uses, and changed a bunch of cert prices, mainly increasing them, but some cost a lot less. They also buffed the valkyrie pretty good, but it still is almost never used. Also the general server population is decreasing very fast, sadly.
    Oh, and don't forget the bugs.
    • Up x 2
  4. Shatteredstar

Despite what much of the forum claims overall balance is pretty good. There's some outliers but they aren't SO outlying that it makes things far and away one sided.
    • Up x 4
  5. Verviedi

...What slot is this anti-material rifle in?
  6. FateJH

Primary. It's really mainly an anti-MAX bolt action rifle, though its STK is the same between MAXes and Infantry.
  7. Verviedi

I'll certainly be taking a look at it. That may actually be the one positive change.

Except for whatever made the AV nests disappear.
  8. xSalt

Except they are. How do people not understand this. The Aphellion, with trigger control has slightly higher dps, and slightly faster TTK than the Vulcan. Without any trigger control, it's dps is only slightly worse. Let's not forget it's longer effective range. The mjolnir, while not easy to use is no slouch either. With its TTK vs a vanguard only behind by a second or so compared to the Vulcan. Which to me seems nearly as good as the Vulcan for both weaps.

Please, people need to stop spewing misinformation.
    • Up x 2
  9. ChUnKiFieR

Not unbalanced? What planet are YOU playing on?

I've been NC 2 years+, all the way to BR 98 & 1/2 but things are so bad since the last patch (bugs included) that I'm going TR and using their OP weapons just to make as many players as I can rage/perma-quit until DBG does something about it. Ya gotta hit em where they live. Their wallets. Fewer players, less money. If enough people follow my lead, we'll get their attention alright. If they don't, there's plenty of other equally as good games out there who will see me open my wallet toot sweet. The customer always gets the last word!
  10. Flag

The Archer (name of the MAX griefing toy/anti material rifle) is a nice way to auraxium sidearms.

As for what happened to AV nests? They're really boring, I guess... They still happen, but it seems people have taken a liking to using vehicles instead.
  11. Revel

What a crying shame that for once the TR has a weapon thats best in category.

Like how the VS have Orion/Betelgeuse
    Like the NC have the best up close MAX weapons and AV weapons

Asymmetric balance man! Its what we heard from alllllllllllll the NC and VS for years.
  12. ChUnKiFieR

So let me get this straight. You have no problem with an unbalanced game. And if the imbalance works against you will you have a problem with it then?
  13. Revel

Asymmetric balance man! Betelgeuse is fine! Scatmax and Ravens are fine! So the Gatekeeper is just fine as well.
  14. ChUnKiFieR

Each individuals skill level is all the imbalance any game needs.
  15. xSalt

Then you are playing the wrong game. Without everyone having the exact same load outs and weapons, always, the skill imbalance will be one of many imbalances.
  16. ChUnKiFieR

HUH? What? I have no clue what you're trying to say. Sounds like you don't either.
  17. Atis

Game is just stale, meta things are in development but by the time they are added and fixed we might as well merge all servers to get a decent fight.

NC gun TTK vs NC MBT :rolleyes: . These freedom carriers never change.

When they close PS2 due to low revenue and throw all devs to profitable projects, like H1Z1, nobody will stay to hear your last word.

Because Prowler AP primary, punderz, TRs ARs and repeater were not "best in category" enough?
  18. Ianneman

Yes, I notived this too and it's amazing. Yesterday Amerish and Esamir were open and there was an alert on Esamir. Almost ALL of the VS went to Esamir (they had like 55% pop there and 10% pop on Amerish), while the NC and TR (who both had 45% pop on Amerish) chilled in Wokuk Shipping Docks. All of us just fought there for 2 hours, chatting, laughing, having a really good time. It was great, so chilled out, there was a great atmosphere and lots of fun. We couldn't believe that the VS were just tryhard ghostcapping Esamir while we were having some nice brotime together.
  19. cyb_

Good luck with that.
  20. pnkdth

This is why Alert win records are irrelevant data for determining game balance. Two factions prefer a nice brotime farming each other while calling the one faction who tries to participate in an alert tryhards. I guess simply trying makes you a tryhard in this game...
    • Up x 1