Forumside 2 - choose your faction!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alan Kalane, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Alan Kalane

Greetings new Forumsiders!

Before you start your adventure in the brutal world of Forumside 2, gain fame and respect for posting a "nerf Orion" thread for the 1095256125th time and take part in massive nerf battles with hunderts of people on both sides... there's one crucial choice you have to make first: choose your faction!

This decision is very important and should not be taken lightly! Each faction has a unique set of traits and lore that defines it. Choose wisely, cadet!

Terran Republic

Lore: the Terran Republic is more than just an ordinary faction. It's an Idea, that was born when someone noticed all their weapons have copy-pasted models. The Idea suddenly gained on popularity when the Striker got nerfed. And when the Banshee got nerfed... the TR just knew they were and will always be the unloved children of SOE/Daybreak. They knew what they had to do...

"Strength in Unity, after you buff it!!!", "Loyalty untill buffs!!!". Join the faction of soldiers suffering from the victim syndrome and FIGHT. FOR. THE STRIKER!!!

Traits : +50% chance of evoking sympathy in other factions when calling for buffs. Poor TR...

The Vanu Sove...Sovre... the Vanu!

Lore: founded when Spandex, disco polo and homosexuality suddenly became popular amongst scientists, the Vanu Sove has only one purpose: to bring perfect balance and harmony to the game. For that reason they will not stop in their efforts to nerf the Gatekeeper, despite having a history of getting the most OP weapons this game has ever seen and keeping them for months before they finaly get nerfed. That doesn't make them hypocrites though because... Oh look! The Prowler is overperforming! I knew it! Quickly, nerf that thing or I will stop paying my subscription!

"OP weapons equals might!". Join the never ending fight to bring enlightenment to the masses who still don't believe Orion is balanced...

Traits: +50% chance of getting an OP weapon that will get nerfed after 6 months. Having ZOE as a justification for that weapon to be OP. +50% chance of getting ran over by a friendly. All cheaters automatically join Vanu and can only use the Orion.

The New Conglomerate:

Lore: If you care about such things, you do not belong here! All you need to know is this: FREEDOM, HEAVY METAL, SHOTGUNS, SHOTGUNS, SHOTGUNS and SHOTGUNS!

So join the shotgunniest faction of all and experience shotguns like never before! Complain about having shotguns as secondaries,primaries and heavy weapons, on tanks,planes MAXes and even on other shotguns! Joke about having a shotgun as a sniper rifle... or better don't give DBG more ideas...

Traits: +10000% chance of getting another shotgun as a new weapon, causing a massive outcry. +50% chance the other factions will call it OP anyways. +50% chance of finding a teamkiller or an idiot.

(Sorry, there are no fun factions to choose from. Maybe in Forumside 3)

So choose your allegiance, grab your keyboard and start typing! A salty sea of tears is more powerful than all the bullets combined! History of Auraxis is written by people brave enough to come to the forums and strong enough to never stop complaining!
    • Up x 5
  2. FateJH

You can also cry yourself to sleep at night and pretend you're some kind of badass NS mercenary faction that doesn't exist.
  3. Verviedi

Sometimes we feel sorry for playing Vanu.
    But then we remember that we honestly have no idea what the hell has happened to the game over the past year.
  4. Deffington

B-but I don't hate Orion that much... maybe I can get fame and respect by writing the same argument on every 'nerf GK!' thread? Sometimes, (always) forumside is like having an argument with creationists people who have their own belief which IS THE ONLY TRUTH.
  5. RedArmy

Terran Republic: If you have to aim, your not shooting enough Bullets
    Vanu Soverenty: The future, where disco is not dead apparently
    New Conglomerate: I'm just here for the Music on the player select screen
    • Up x 2
  6. The Rogue Wolf

As always, I'm siding with the terrain- the OP 4th faction that kills everyone.
    • Up x 1
  7. K2k4

Lets face it, we are all oblivious to the op aspects of our favorite faction unless we play multiple factions regularly.

Also must.obtain.striker.buff. lol yesssss
  8. Alan Kalane

Son, the only thing that matters in Forumside is to have an argument. It doesn't matter how you achieve this, what matters is that you have to win that argument by all means necessary

now, make your faction proud! Victory or nerf!
    • Up x 1
  9. Cynicismic

I laughed too much at this - I especially agree with the NC one.
    :p
  10. ChUnKiFieR

Do people still play this game? I thought everyone gave up on this game years ago. Oh I got it now. This is where the old Call of Duty and Tribes 2 people came to die. Those games didn't have a point to them either. Just a lot of self aggrandizement and a whole lot of whacking off.