Question to the VS community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Collin

The harsh truth is that compared to the MSW-R/Carv, and VS/NC gear the rest of TR LMG selection is lacklustre at best
    • Up x 1
  2. Flag

The only TR LMG that's actually lacking something is the T16 Rhino, excluding the Butcher since it's a directive reward.
    Which leaves the TR with the Carv, MSW-R, Carv-S, TMG-50 and T32 Bull as good to great LMGs.

That's not bad compared to VS only having the Orion and SVA-88 as good/great LMGs.
  3. Collin

TMG-50 is meh at best and the Bull is not bad to be fair, but of course for some reason you excluted the best performing LMG and Gun in game atm the Betel. But VS forbit to talk about it. Lets come back to the striker and why was is op again?
  4. Isokon

The TMG-50 is more or less an upgrade to the Flare.
    • Up x 1
  5. Flag

Yes I did exclude the Betelguse because it's a directive reward weapon, and as such is deserving of it's own topic.
    That said, you should play NC and VS some more, it would give you some actual perspective on how good, or bad different weapons are.
  6. Collin

Of course you exclude that because it cant be compaired to anything. If i bring up lets bring the directive weapons in line. VS jumps me and say hey look the directive weapons cant be compaired since some are Long medium and short dictance guns. Then i say hey lets compaire it to the short distance guns like the MSW-R. Then VS say hey its a directive weapon.

Well i learned my lession and i stopped bringing LMGs up because a well trained army will jump you and tell you 8 pages Long why the Betel is not OP.

I can exactly say why VS is not using the Flare as much. First it has no 0,75 and you Need to adjust you playstyle to it and once you hit the Betel as average Player why should you use something else beside this and the Orion?
  7. Shadowomega

I see Collin completely Ignored my post which included the TMG-50, go figure. The T-32 Bull is an odd ball in the TR arsenal as the T-16 Rhino is quite similar to it, but the T-32 Bull has some massive advantages over the T-16 Rhino, Reload speed (1 second faster short, 2 seconds on long), tighter horizontal recoil, and 30mps over the T-16.

Its almost as if the T-16 Rhino is the Pulsar LSW for the TR and the T-32 is the SVA-88 for the TR :p , sharing similar stats but having different intended uses.
    • Up x 1
  8. Collin

My reply is kind of broken and yes i know People who like the TMG-50. I say its Kind of meh and its not perfoming very well stat wise but it was actully the first LMG i auraxiumed.
  9. Flag

Might have something to do with that it's you. So far you've pretty much ignored everything others (and me) have mentioned that don't agree with your already established view. So by this point it feels like a waste of time to even bother.

Btw, the Betelguse isn't strong because of the 0.75 ADS as you seem to believe. It's a combination of being a 143/750 weapon and the perks of the heat mechanic. 0.75 is a mostly meaningless advantage compared to the other two.

Shows what you know. Liberty wrote a decent summary of why the Flare and Ursa aren't really used, and it's more than just "it's no Orion".
  10. Collin

[IMG]Mmmh funny thing i never said here the Betel is op because of 0,75 my friend :)
  11. LodeTria

The flare gets really annoying to use after awhile, there's just something abut it that gets annoying after awhile, maybe it's the lower RoF or the accuracy or something, but I hated the damn gun by the end of my auraxium.

Never used the ursa outside of VR so I can't comment on that.
  12. Flag

Oh really, what about ...

Whether or not you mean it that is what you imply. If that is not the case then you should mention what part of it makes it OP.
  13. Collin

I think the guns are not that apart. I mean the Saw is a case in it selve when i have that thing i think ist great and other People hate it. But lets stay with the VS and TR lmg.

After playing a large amount with the Orion i have to say its a MSW-R but easier to use. Does it make a difference when it Comes down to good Players. nope

But here Comes the Betel with heat and unlimeted ammo. The king of small fights. I think that you don´t Need an engi makes you an one man army + its based on the best LMG in game. Its the combination of things what makes this gun that powerfull. You never have to leave cover for ammo or if you time it right you don´t have to "reload" either.

Its unique and cool looking as well. The Butcher Looks like "****" and is a medium short distance hybrid where its not really good on each field.

Besides the Betel i think the LMG´s are not that far apart and every fraction deserves a 0,75 lmg and don´t come with this fraction trait.
  14. Taemien

I guess NC is smarter than some say.

I hear alot of people claim that the Anchor is a great LMG. WTF are you going to do with a LMG in close quarters where you normally see Orions? Anchor still has a .5 TTK vs the .46 TTK of the Cyclone and .48 of the Orion. You're gimping yourself by trying to stay generalized. Not to mention the cert cost of the Anchor vs the Cyclone is too high. I can only use the Anchor on HA, I can use the Cyclone on everything.

If the tickrates changed so we don't have 125 and 143 damage weapons turning into 375 and 430 (that's the damage that you take by the time you start seeing your health drop, since the damage is lumped together server side before pushed out) damage weapons. Then our 200 damage weapons would start to shine a bit more.

You start to notice it when you play a MAX and fight against a single TR using a 125 damage weapon. You SHOULD see your health slowly drop at a steady rate. It doesn't. It drops in chunks. Like in 1/8 to 1/6th of your health chunks.

That needs to be fixed. Then we can see what it does to weapons and repurpose them from there.
  15. Ghosty11

I like the Flare, and it was the first LMG I auraxed. My only complaint is that it's a nerfed NC weapon. It's an EM-6 with worse horizontal tolerance and recoil and less dps. If you like 167 damage LMG's the Flare is your weapon on the VS.

The Ursa on the other hand was the most painful Vanu LMG to Auraxium. While it is a head shot machine even at long ranges, the fact that the only other primary weapon with worse dps than the Ursa is the VS Corvus AR generally makes it painful to use in a game where most of your typical infantry engagements happen at relatively short ranges.
  16. Ballto21

fair enough

im that weird guy who likes the corvus though and once has a dream where the beamer was a transformer who turned into a beautiful woman, so take my opinions with a grain of salt when it comes to these guns
  17. Ghosty11

To each his own I guess. I liked the Corvus as well, even with it's sub par dps, but laying back in a support role heading shooting enemies that peek a door a window better fits a medic than a HA. One of my all time favorite AR set ups is the default Pulsar VS1 with the 2x holo and a laser sight. It's a fairly lethal setup at all but cqc ranges where shotties and smg's fair best.
  18. Shadowomega

So you dreamed your Beamer was Arcee?
  19. Takara

I LOVE the Corvus...It fits my medic playstyle of reviving zombies to be my shield. I usually snipe away at heads and murder lots with it. However once inside a building I usually regret this choice...unless I have more zombies to raise.
  20. Ballto21

more or less