How often do you ADS with non-slug equipped shotguns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Would you have more reason to if smart choke was available to all shotguns?
  2. _itg

I actually ADS with shotguns as much as I can outside point blank. It let's you kill things a few meters further out and lets you kill faster toward the end of hipfire's effective range, since you can reliably put the center of the spread on the center of mass with ADS, but not so much with hipfire.
  3. Taemien

I only do it when firing outside 5m with a Jackhammer. But I don't use the Jackhammer much as I don't use a Heavy.. and when I do I prefer the Warden Battlerifle or Cyclone.
  4. CorporationUSA

With the jackhammer, all the time. It's basically an instagib in burst fire mode. Hip-firing seems less reliable, even at close range.
  5. LtBomber1

Never!
    Well, if there is smoke i use my NV...People complain about 0.75 ads? Shotgun 1.0x hipfire ftw!
    (I use Shotties only on LA, so getting the distance is not the problem)
  6. nehylen

I regularly play LA with Baron(ALS) and find myself ADS'ing quite often. It depends on the range of engagement.
    And i don't understand the comment above: plenty of occasions to ADS even with a LA.
    Still, i wholeheartedly support the Smart Choke attachment being made default as a barrel attachment (and the directive shotties revamped to be unique again).
  7. Ballto21

almost never. sometimes when im tower stomping and im using a baron ill ADS and shoot someone on the other side of the AV gundeck from me or other similar ranges but other than that i just hipfire it
  8. CMDante

Whenever I need to see through smoke or shoot a grape at night.
  9. Pfundi

Id always ADS when possible with the Baron (further improves range) and the Pump Action Shotguns (inaccuracy means youre going to die)
  10. BlueSkies

My shotguns are default equipped with HS/NV scope because smoke monkeys... otherwise basically never
  11. Lord_Avatar

Basically what BlueSkies wrote - HS/NV to deal with smoke. Otherwise I prefer the added mobility over ADS.
  12. LodeTria

nearly always unless there isn't time to ads or it's too close on an encounter.
  13. Iridar51

I do that sometimes, but it really doesn't feel like it does anything. As I pointed out in my earlier thread, ADSing with shotguns makes the most sense when standing still, otherwise you only get bonus accuracy for a couple of shots. The problem with that is at non-knifing range shotgun will still take 4-5 shots to kill someone, even when ADSing.

ADSing reduces the RNG a bit, but it's still RNG as hell.
  14. Metal Insomniac

I probably ADS 1% of the time. I use shotguns for CQC, so why should I be ADSing in the first place?