Fixing HalfTeamSidePlanet: Incentivisms of Financial Fanboying ~~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Sep 15, 2015.

1. belthazor3457

Redeployside and heavy assault and AV, oh my! Hao do we fix? WITH TACTICAL BEER KEG CALL IN!

I've heard a lot of complaints bout redeployside and not a lot knowing how to fix, so I think it's important to look back into the development of ps2 and see how redeployside came to be in the first place. That, and drawing on some inspiration from economics and half life 2 / team fortress 2, by some generously provided dev commentary (nodes).

Sequel to redeployening of the profitable casual.

Though tactical beer keg supply drop is all anyone really needs.
    • Up x 1
  2. HadesR

With the recent changes I like to think that Redeployside became EqualTheBattleSide ...
  3. Shatteredstar

Complaining about redeploy now is odd, since the spawn ability cuts off darn fast and entrenched forces stay entrenched much more easily.

Maybe the complaint now is that groups are spawning in bases nearby and lightning rushing? I've seen an uptick in lightnings myself.
  4. HadesR

I think some of that is down to the Newbie Directive needing Lightning kills ( You could get the kills in VR but not sure if that's still the case )

But I agree on the oddness of the redeploy complaining ... It's a system that's been changed so you can even the fights and not overpop them .. It's seems that if people 48+ attack an empty base , they don't want the defenders to have the ability to redeploy defend it .. Smells of fight avoidance to me thinly veiled behind the plea of tactics ...
  5. Iridar51

Great video, but grappling hook? Really?
  6. Alan Kalane

YYYyy decent video, but it covers too much.
    1.You start with new player experience
    2.Player Recruitment
    3.Origins of zerging
    4.How to fix the HA(or rather how to fix other classes)
    5.How to fix the medic
    6.How to fix aircraft and vehicles
    7.Airdrops and logistics
    8.How to fix infiltrator (partially covered in 4)
    9.How to fix the LA (partially covered in 4)
    10.How to fix the financial system
    11.some ******** about fanboys?

As you can see you covered at least 11 topics(I'm not sure I've got them all) in a 26 minute video. I know you have a history of making quick videos(90 sec reviews) but those are also short. This one is verly long and chaotic and also very fast-paced. You jump from topic to topic and back without any real pattern and I felt lost after a few minutes.

No offence, but perhaps you should split this video(or future long videos) into several parts and then maybe stretch each part a little bit if you have the time.
    • Up x 1
  7. belthazor3457

The most important bits were hobo cosmetics for infiltrators + cardboard signs, and the beer kegs. That's the truly important bit.
  8. ALN_Isolator

I agree with most of this video. There are a few little issues that I don't approve of but they, while they might make me a bit annoyed for the first week or two, would come nowhere near making me think of quitting this game and could in the end turn out positive. (Need some tactical beer right now so I'll see you around)
  9. Imp C Bravo

Great video.