Question to the VS community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Why in gods name do you dislike the ursa and flare?

I mean jesus the flare feels like an anchor and the ursa like a slightly better saw.

Granted ive only been using them for about 24 minutes but i have to take a break since im pretty sure this many consecutive orgasms is unhealthy
  2. Isokon

What makes you think the VS dislike them?
  3. Ballto21

i hear nothing but "DEAR GOD THE URSA IS ****" or "HOLY **** THIS FLARE IS LIKE SHOVING AN IRON SPIKE IN MY EAR GIVE ME MY ORION" when theyre brought up at all
  4. Shatteredstar

I like the ursa because it looks nice? It isn't bad either
  5. Hatesphere

i usually just hear "the ursa is clumsy and situational" as for the flare i have no idea why people hate it.
  6. moriarrr-ceres

I like the flare. Maybe it's because it's basically subpart NC guns. Their accuracy aren't that good compared to a SVA88.
  7. ronjahn

It's because the Orion and Betel are too good and VS only use OP things.

And I'm only halfway joking. The impression I get is that every VS LMG is a step stone to the Betel at this point, with maybe the exception of the SVA
    • Up x 2
  8. Shadowomega

As someone who remember the original Flare stats the current is just a shadow of what it use to be. Me personally I think the current stats are very lack luster compared to what it use to be and compare to the TMG-50 which also got nerfed just not as hard as the Flare, while the Gauss Saw S didn't get touched.

The rankings of the current S class Medium Machine guns.
    Gauss Saw S > TMG-50 > Flare

As for the Ursa it has the slowest RoF of all the 167 Damage Machine guns yet it has the second to worst Horizontal Recoil (worst going to the Flare).
    • Up x 3
  9. KaletheQuick

Flare is my main lmg. I used to use it a lot, and recently it feels like it is a lot more inaccurate than it used to be. Lots of bloom. Orion is free and accurate. Flare does more damage, but that is meaningless if I can't hit anything.
  10. LodeTria

VS please all use lancers when fighting vehicles. We'd never have to worry about armour stand-offs again.
    • Up x 1
  11. _itg

I think the main thing is that they're like NC guns but with more horizontal recoil. LMGs have high enough velocity that no drop isn't really noticeable unless you suppress your LMGs, which hardly anyone does.
  12. haldolium

I enjoyed the Flare with burst quite a lot, but it still suffers at range. I have yet to try the Ursa, but no complaints about the Flare.
  13. Flag

Because they're overall downgrades to their NC "counterparts".

I do like the Flare though, just a shame that it's just an inferior SAW-S.
    • Up x 3
  14. Spazmatism

The ursa was the first thing I ever auraxed... after that I started using the flare. They aren't bad, they're just a bit more in-depth to use.
  15. Atis

How exactly Flare is similar ro Anchor? Anchor is close-mid range 167/600 LMG with good hipfire and ALS. Flare is 167/577 mid-long range ADS-only with long reload without ALS or AFG but with ext mag and all barrel and ammo fittings. Ursa is 167/550 with only HVA and shorter reload. Kinda lmgs without synergy. Not bad but meh.
  16. Negator

Well, neither LMG is anything like those two, which is fact. Any perceived strength is placebo.
  17. Tycoh

The don't use them because the Orion/BJ is better.
  18. Liberty

I am pretty sure it is just a matter of that "New Shiny" when you first try a weapon out and immediately say "Wow this weapon is so good..."

Objectively, the Flare has the highest horizontal tolerance of all 167 damage LMG's. It has the 6th highest horizontal recoil of all LMG's and again the highest in the 167 category. The second highest FSR multiplier only second to the anchor. (The Flare is supposed to be mid range while the anchor earns its first shot kick like all cqc weapons). So despite all of these things, it is still a damage tier below the anchor and em6. When you compare it to the stats of the GD22s it is a massive downgrade (for being the same 167@577 tier)

The Ursa is sort of like the Corvus or NS-15M. It is super controllable because it has a bottom tier damage within it category (143, 167, 200, etc). Yes it is good at long range combat, but sustained long range fire fights (as in you fight from that distance for extended time) are incredibly rare. So while the weapon certainly has its niche, it is a small niche that really you can skip.

The thing is, all weapons can get you kills with as many encounters in this game where you have favorable positioning and / or initiative over your target it often doesn't matter what DPS tier you are using. The problem is when you run into situations where you run into opponents who have the drop on you or are just better than you are, at that point you will want your Orion over the flare or Ursa.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Why use any other VS LMG or think any other VS LMG is viable when you have the Orion,SVA-88 & BG?(all of which are 0.75 ADS LMG's)?
  20. Ballto21

because 0.75 ads is not an overpowered thing mister rusher.

if it was, all NS weapons, the zenith, the bandit (or was it the razor?) the hv45, the tr and nc 0.75 ars, and all other 0.75 weapons would also be over performing.

At a BR 100 level, which is the only level you should look at stats for, the orion is on par as is the SVA with other weapons meant to the same roll (anchor, msw, etc). the botgoose is over powered most likely due to its heat mechanic, which should be mildly altered to have a longer cooldown delay