WTF is up with the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Sep 14, 2015.

1. rockhead101

I can't kill anyone any more. I had a 1.9 KD, been playing for years, and now I've got a .8 KD and I die ALL THE TIME. Everything hits me in the head. grenades, tank rounds, EVERYTHING. I can't use a scope without jittering, and I can unload a full clip from my shottie and do zero damage. The game started to run like crap a year ago, now? Anyone else having this problem? The servers are running like total crap, DBG doesn't give a ****, just put out more guns to buy for their profit.
    • Up x 3
  2. ModsFreeAreForTV

This is the effect of profits and a dying trend homie. The game is a lost cause at this point which is why both players and devs are leaving it, and all anyone can ***** about is balancing which is impossible with asymmetrical balancing ideals.

Basically, it's cause of this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism
  3. Jubikus

I wouldnt go that far the Devs arnt leaving it alot of them were fired when it transitioned for SOE to daybreak and are currently understaffed. The game runs better on my system than it did a year ago and players are leaving simply because theres not enough new and they get bored and with the staff they have they cant push out huge updates and new stuff very quickly. Honestly if they were going to go full corporate shill they would have just spent the time to make 3 New NS weapons and price them all at 1k certs and whatever DBC but they instead made 3 different new top guns for MBT and harasser and even more suprising they were priced at 550 certs and then whatever DBC i mean they allso put out another NS weapon but hay cant win them all. Overall i dont think the devs have stopped caring about the game i think they are just trying to do the best they can with what little they have.
  4. AlterEgo

I'm waiting for the September update, and being an optimistic person, I'd say it's coming a couple of weeks from now. Even then, I still want to know how it'll affect the way I presently play.
  5. Jubikus

Yeah it is fairly exciting at the very least itl be nice for a few days after the first few because the game will be broken the first few days but at least there will be alot of people checking back in to see how things have changed so we will see some nice big fights again.
  6. PWGuy93

LAG: I've noticed that the lag indicator is way off related to in game action. What I've come to the conclusion that the indicator doesn't reflect game play, it reflects lag to the HUD. When it says good quality at 82ms, it really means that updates to the HUD are 82ms but actual game play is in the hundreds of milliseconds. It feels like every enemy is cheating, invulnerable to fire, that my death screen shows they took no damage but they were able to kill my character by simply looking in my direction.
    It's horrible to play these days. I can't count how many times my character has died to enemies that I had headshot or thought I had the drop on. Only stationary targets or using my heavy with lock-ons seems to be effective. This means my play is limited to few actions, using few characters. Okay I could lob EMP grenades all day into capture points or place a motion tracker but you know, that's just not engaging play... and that is the state of the game right now, today, yesterday.

For those friendlies I've killed, I didn't mean it. I shot at the enemy, the lag let you pass in front of my fire and killed you. Sorry about that.
    • Up x 1
  7. AlterEgo

Basically. It should be fun, although I do hope they improve other aspects of the game. Hint hint, my favorite subject.
  8. Jubikus

Well Improve is in the eyes of the beholder everyone has a different idea of what would improve the game lets just hope what they give us is an improvement for the die hards. There are always those people that think that an improvement to the game is removing any scope thats higher than 4x from the game.
  9. rockhead101

Why has the lag gotten so bad now? I'm running a decked out gaming rig and I used to be able to play. Like you said I can only do a few actions without dieing, or team killing. I've got plenty of money to throw at it, but what can I do from my end? I admit that I live in the middle of nowhere Indiana, which is why I play a lot. But the game is running so bad it's not playable. Aftermarket cable modem worth a purchase? It used to play fine a year ago, so what changed?
  10. Yuki10

Been like that for me for a long time now, they dont care.
  11. Quikloc007

I feel you OP. I've been playing over a year now and its bad. Koreans and Japanese are on Connery and it lags the krap out of the servers. There really needs to be a ping limit. The popping in and out of friendlies and enemies is frustrating and down right stupid for this to continue. IMO
  12. Moridin6

i have days where i experience this, the other day it was so bad in a fit of rage i made a nasty support ticket. prob not the best idea lol
    there are times when playing Ps2, and nothing else does this, will crash my whole network. good times
  13. Devildjinn

I made a similar thread about this yesterday.
    Its quite frustrating and unplayable....for me atleast.
    45ms ping, and it lags quite hard.
    You will find more success fighting small battles, like 12-24 vs 12-24.
    I didnt get into this game to participate in small scale last gen battles.
    Im putting the game down until i know its fixed, or a solution my end, no more $ for you dbg.