[Suggestion] To: The Developers [EMP Sunderer]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Destroyer0370

Emits Electro Magnetic Pulse in a given range, i.e. 6 Meters Maxium, whether Deployed or in Non-deployed mode.
    Uses:
    Prevents C4- and Mine placement under it, as they will blow in the given pulse range of 6 meters, even if the C4 and Mine is in the enemy's hands!

Driving it helps clear mines that are in range of the EMP pulse, so other vehicles can be confident nothing is in the driving path.

Enemies, if close, also have their "shields drained" and "view" affected.
  2. HadesR

If people don't spot and deal with people sneaking up on their Sundy atm , then this will be a useless ability as they will not spot the people in time to use the EMP :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

Reminds me of something out of C&C...............

Thats awesome.

It should disable vehicle abilities & HUD's aswell.
  4. Destroyer0370

HadesR...
    What I am speaking of is a "Passive EMP System", which is always on.

Scr1nRusher...
    Yeah, great idea; disabling vehicle abilities and HUD.:) I will go even further and suggest that, the EMP ability can be enhanced with a "Active mode(it gets activated by the player)" to do a wider area, say up to 15 Meters maximum. Of course it will have a cool down timer just like any other ability.

Suggest also; the affected enemy vehicles' abilities will have cool down times that vary depending on how close they were to the "Activated Electronic Magnetic Pulse". i.e. at 15 METERS; "Ready(Fire suppression)" and "Active (Nanite Autorepair system)" abilities on a tank will be disabled for a percentage before returning to being functional. Say "Fire Suppression" would have being reset to 10 seconds before it becomes "Ready" again. Nanite Auto Repair system will be deactivate for about 4 seconds before becoming "Active".

At a closer range, when EMP is activated, like 10 meters...The effects are greater to the enemy vehicles i.e. Fire Suppression is down for 20 seconds and Nanite Autorepair system is down for 8 seconds before becoming active again.
  5. Armcross

As passive no I don't like the Idea.
  6. thebigbortishbort

i dont see it as a very good alternative to a shield or cloak , i dont think many other people would either.
  7. Demigan

The idea for a vehicle-based EMP was brought forward a few weeks ago by Movoza I believe. It would be equippable by any vehicle in the utility slot and aside from it's infantry effects would also knock out vehicle HUD's, sap their ability energy and reduce their speed and turn ratio's somewhat.

Would be nice to see something like that anyway.
  8. Leftconsin

Oh, wow. Sunderes do not need yet another variant.
  9. ColonelChingles

Really before Sunderers are allowed to have anything, they need to be drastically reduced in terms of firepower and durability.

40mm grenades and 60mm mortars should do significantly less damage to MBTs. 20mm Basilisks should do almost no damage to MBTs and only damage Lightnings from the sides or rear. If a Sunderer tries to trade fire with an MBT, it should not be able to inflict serious damage.

Sunderer HP should be reduced to about 3,000. It should remain resistant to infantry explosives, but needs to take much more damage from tank shells and AP shells. Currently it actually has a positive amount of resistance to tank weapons, when the tanks themselves have a negative vulnerability instead!

Only then might an EMP device be given to Sunderers... otherwise you'd have a heavily armed and armoured vehicle that could also cripple tanks.