Hacks getting bad again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Alchemist44

Wait, PS2 does not appeal to casual players? Is this a joke?
    • Up x 2
  2. ModsFreeAreForTV

I've seen dozens attempt to play it. All get to BR15-30 and quit. It's not fun to regular players.
  3. Alchemist44

It would be interesting to see the average playtime of an account compared to AAA titles that appeal to casual players, because I think PS2 not being casual friendly is BS.
  4. THUGGERNAUT

Look at this white knight, calling a game customer "cowardly" on the Internet for criticizing that game's developers!
    • Up x 1
  5. CorporationUSA

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling at this point. You'd have to be living under a rock to not notice the many examples of small companies who have prevailed.
  6. Simferion

7. Utrooperx

Exactly my point! BTW, I looked that same info up, but I didn't feel like debating...there's been alot of *funny stuff* going on, so I just try to stay in a MAX suit...but even that doesn't help much sometimes...I've been in my AA MAX suit...in a hex that has no Enemies in it...and died to C-4 delivered by 'invisible' opponents...

When I first started playing EQ2 years ago...SOE was *very strict* about cheating...including scripts and botting...the last time I logged into EQ2, all you see is single players with 5 bots on auto-follow running along behind them...heck even entire 24 character raids were being run by 2 real people...and 22 bots...and SOE just didn't care.

Planetside 2 is slowly moving in that direction...and DBG doesn't care either. I sort of chuckle over their 'stat-based' automatic system...considering I mentioned something highly similar over a year ago...https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/ceres-nc-cheater.169687/#post-2442532
    • Up x 1
  8. Simferion

I cannot edit anymore so I add the other way to be undetected is crouch walking.
  9. ModsFreeAreForTV

And plenty, no no, MORE than plenty. Fail for the same reasons PS2 is.
  10. CorporationUSA

If you say so.
  11. breeje

your wright, except for crouch walking
    i upgraded my recon darts a long time ago and what i described was the old way of recon darts
    this must have changed in a update and until now did not know this
    the real question is why i still can run around undetected with enemy darts, i do this all the time
  12. OldMaster80

This morning the auto system banned 4 in 2 hours. But still one ******* ran around warping and headshotting. He conquered Snowshear all alone because no one could stop him...
  13. Simferion

Easy told :)
    Most people don't check the minimap at all or so and are quite oblivious of their surroundings.
    I'm usually quite attentive and I often see enemies (not only infiltrators) slipping inside friendly ranks.
    I got a video in which I'm inside the control point room at TI alloys, full of NC. I was a TR LA, dropped some C4, and entered after the explosion.

That's what make me suspicious when many people instantly know my position.
    Most of the people have little situational awareness.
    • Up x 1
  14. ChickenWings

Are an unbelievable % of headshots the only way to get a good idea if someone is using an aimbot? And what would that % be round about?

I've seen one player recently who had almost 50% accuracy on infantry weapons used, and ~45% of kills by headshots. Another player had similar accuracy but only around 15-20% on headshots. Both of these players had new accounts, and possibly some other fishy stuff.

Also, what is considered a top tier accuracy for default full-auto weapons? That may be a rather nebulous question, but near 50% accuracy smells way too fishy to me. I'm fairly new though, so maybe I don't realize what top tier players are capable of, but I'm still very skeptical of the way these players played and there corresponding stats.
  15. Goretzu

Apparently a consistant day in day out 90-100% headshot kill rate with infantry weapons for 3 weeks "isn't" cheating.

What makes it doubly "not" suspicious is that it is most definately "not" cheating when the players K/D ratio also jumps from 1.37 to 1 to 8 to 1 (with infantry weapons) over that 3 weeks and that he can shoot enemies inside their spawn room! (which clearly "isn't" cheating) :D

In reality anything over 40% accuracy with a full-auto weapon is unlikely (not impossible, but realistically it would take a world class aim AND a playstyle that means you don't ever fire at any real range) and suspicious. Average accuracy would be ~20-30%.

I'm thinking that it is probably a combination of new hacks for H1Z1 being used in PS2, combined with people realising that so long as they aren't blatently hacking enough to be picked up by the auto-ban system DBG will never do anything to them. :(
  16. Zombo

you do know any class crouchwalking is invisible to motion trackers and sensor darts?
  17. PlanetBound

This is more like a glitch and I've only seen it once...Two people were at the base of an AA structure with only their heads visible. Both were running around like they were stuck. It's happened to me before between rocks. Might be there's more places you can drop into and shoot or stab from.
  18. p10k56

New Swarm update is total fail.
    All Enemies are like 30% more accurate then before glorious patch:mad:
    Rate of fire hack is back.
    So many so called subtle cheaters.
    But who can be surprised when hack companies probably test their product on test server.

You need to fly around in MBT or lurk underground with Lib to get ban in this game.
    Stat padding will cause ban more quickly.
  19. PWGuy93

Three days ago witnessed several minutes of players shooting at two NC players (headshots, grenades, run over with a harasser) on Connery who were immune. They (the NC) were fighting back and shooting their enemies and thought it quite the laugh.

Ya hacks are back and in vogue.